International ‘They must be careful not to get their eyes poked out’: Beijing warns West not to interfere in HK

thats not a good comparison as japan has its own language, history, culture and ethnic group. taiwan was settled by mainland chinese it used to be home to really dark asians.
So you're saying once a certain time span passes, you're grandfathered I see

your argument is inconsistent because the premises are the same in both cases believe it or not

Don't mean to get overly technical but I call it as I see it and what you're saying is pretty insulting/ignorant

Whether they have five eyes or ten eyes, as long as they dare to harm China’s sovereignty, security, and development interests, they must be careful not to get their eyes poked out."

I don't know..this sounded pretty bad ass.
What's so badass is that he means it literally lol. I would not like to be a British or US spy caught in China. Intelligence agencies are above the law and above the government, they have nobody to keep them in line so torture and murder are normal tactics. That goes for British and US agencies too, they all even torture and kill people in their own countries.

So you're saying once a certain time span passes, you're grandfathered I see

your argument is inconsistent because the premises are the same in both cases believe it or not

Don't mean to get overly technical but I call it as I see it and what you're saying is pretty insulting/ignorant

no they are not the same in both cases as japan was settled thousands of years ago. taiwan was settled 300 years ago mainly because the dutch encouraged it. look if taiwan can fight off china so be it, i just dont want the west too get involved in chinese territorial disputes.

Lebron James: What's an HK?

money.gif

these protesters are the equivalent of antifa. what hong konger does not want too see a powerful han china, thats what they are. look at hong kong, its nothing but a relic of british colonialism essentially it belongs to china.

we have had hong kongers in australian politics who are on the CCP payroll.

this would be like san francisco demanding self determination to seperate themselves from the fascists..

Maybe you're right. Though it wouldn't explain all the angst back when they got returned to China.

does america not have laws that stop states from succeeding. why is hong kong any different ?

why are chinese territories such hotly debated issues in america ?
Nobody (and I mean that literally) is calling for HK separatism, just for China to honor their agreement with Britain.

Hong Kongers never asked for it, no foreign nation condoned it.

Separatism in Hong Kong is a red herring to distract people like you. This isn’t Xinjiang.

no they are not the same in both cases as japan was settled thousands of years ago. taiwan was settled 300 years ago mainly because the dutch encouraged it. look if taiwan can fight off china so be it, i just dont want the west too get involved in chinese territorial disputes.

Like I said, what I was alluding to was purely technical and less to do with territorial disputes although I see how the confusion bleeds here. You've confirmed my argument that time is the only factor in the difference here.

If you told a Taiwanese he's/she's a Chinese, you'd better be on the internet or on the phone and not in the persons face because I guarantee you'd have your hands full. Ive seen this happen in person at the Uni. They're highly defensive about this shit.

Nobody (and I mean that literally) is calling for HK separatism, just for China to honor their agreement with Britain.

Hong Kongers never asked for it, no foreign nation condoned it.

Separatism in Hong Kong is a red herring to distract people like you. This isn’t Xinjiang.

too honor an agreement that was gained through gunboat diplomacy. theres no way in hell china agrees to anything especially not an old document that makes them lose face.

what is the point of all this. hong kong is not important.

For all intents and purposes, Taiwan is an independent country that was formed separately from Communist China. Taiwan has its own passports, military, political and judiciary systems. The Taiwanese government is totally distinct from China's and the Taiwanese people overwhelmingly want to remain autonomous. Taiwan has never been under the control of China's current government. But who knows if the West or Japan will intervene if China decides to take Taiwan but force in the next few years.

Hong Kong is China's business. That said, we should already be in the process of brain-draining the place.

I said this when they were rioting in HK. And leftist posters had a shit fit.

We should be welcoming the HK residents in America and Europe. Leave China a pile of shit

too honor an agreement that was gained through gunboat diplomacy. theres no way in hell china agrees to anything especially not an old document that makes them lose face.

what is the point of all this. hong kong is not important.
Lol, China barely had any control over Hong Kong and Hong Kong was a poor fishing village before the Brits got their hands on it.

You’re just being the useful idiot by repeating CCP cliches, if you don’t care about interfering in HK affairs, that’s OK, but you don’t need to repeat crap that just distracts from the issue at hand.

Like I said, what I was alluding to was purely technical and less to do with territorial disputes although I see how the confusion bleeds here. You've confirmed my argument that time is the only factor in the difference here.

If you told a Taiwanese he's/she's a Chinese, you'd better be on the internet or on the phone and not in the persons face because I guarantee you'd have your hands full. Ive seen this happen in person at the Uni. They're highly defensive about this shit.

its not just time its culture, language and a defined ethnic group. taiwan has neither, its basically just off the chinese coast.

that university student is still han chinese with a chinese surname.

Lol, China barely had any control over Hong Kong and Hong Kong was a poor fishing village before the Brits got their hands on it.

You’re just being the useful idiot by repeating CCP cliches, if you don’t care about interfering in HK affairs, that’s OK, but you don’t need to repeat crap that just distracts from the issue at hand.

they arent CCP cliches they are 100% fact. what does it matter if hong kong was a poor fishing village, it was still the product of imperialism and china wants what rightfully belongs to them.

they arent CCP cliches they are 100% fact. what does it matter if hong kong was a poor fishing village, it was still the product of imperialism and china wants what rightfully belongs to them.
China hardly held sovereignty over that area. They rarely could govern large swathes of Southern China.

I disagree with many here.

I am all for fomenting strife and conflict within China. They are certainly trying to divide and weaken us. Use Hong Kong and Taiwan as positions of advantage and cause China to focus inward and waste resources.

Our strategic interests are at stake. Continue to fuck with China at every opportunity. Expose their charm offensive and soft power diplomacy. Pressure them on every front.

US should deploy nukes to Taiwan.

The free West made a huge mistake giving HK back to China. We sold out millions of free people to the ChiComs.

We should 100% be backing Taiwan. Taiwan is the REAL China. All this malarkey with Israel and North Korea accomplishes nothing.

Putting even more effort into Taiwan would have been a great way for Trump to give a big middle finger to China.

Back