‘Not interested’ Dana White provides grim outlook for UFC future of Nate Diaz

Actually seems like a bright future for Nate.

He gets to sit back and get offered fights while passing on any he doesn't want while waiting around for his cash cow to do a 3rd fight.

All this without the threat of being cut.
I know, right?
Nate got pissed that Poirier got a hip injury and now he wants to go back to his weed business, and he will, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
If he fights, he fights. I just ignore him until I hear a fight is booked. Not sure what's so difficult about that.

It's such a shame that this is happening. I'm not that arsed about Nick; but as a fan I love to see Nate fight.

Tony Ferguson vs Nate
Kevin Lee vs Nate
Dustin vs Nate

All of the above interest me no end.

This would be the perfect time for Nate-Conor 3. Conor can win by KO and get his fans back, Nate can retire with a shitload of cash. But it has to happen soon, Conor only has one more PPV above a Million if he doesn't win in spectacular fashion. If he lost people would stop caring about him completely.

Nate knows that he'll be the underdog against every top 5 lightweight and that a loss against one of them would diminish his stock significantly. The only thing he's got and ever had going for him is his victory over Conor McGregor so he'll hold onto the chance to get a massive payday out of a rubber match with him before he'll either retire or go back to his status as a glorified journeyman in the lower half of the LW division rankings. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for that, it's the smartest thing he could do right now, it's just that he's clearly overestimating his own value. He's not the value in this fight, the whole story is and always was big draw Conor fighting against the first guy who beat him in the UFC. If anything this fight became less interesting and less valuable after Conor now lost to another fighter in the octagon, one he shares a much more personal and intense rivalry with. The only reason I see why Nate suddenly took the fight with Poirier after turning all those fights down is because the two would match up similarly as McGregor and Diaz and given the fact that Poirier is most likely still not on the same level as Conor Diaz might've been hoping to be able to push for the trilogy by beating Dustin.

If we never see Nate Diaz in the octagon again, I honestly couldn't care less. The guy's antics have become more than annoying, he's never been as exciting in the octagon as his brother and the last thing I want to see is the UFC giving more people spots and shots that they've earned through talking and fan support rather than through their accomplishments in the cage.

It's nice to see Dana White saying this.

Nate threatened to pull out of the fight as soon as it was announced. Dustin pulled out of the fight and that's on him, but Nate had enough time to sign on for a new matchup and decided not to.

Poirier has had six fights since the last time we saw Nate in the octagon. Even when he tried to play hardball and say he didn't want anybody else until he got his Eddie rematch, he still took two more fights.

So who do you think is giving Dana and matchmakers headaches?
His wife ....?

Nate knows that he'll be the underdog against every top 5 lightweight and that a loss against one of them would diminish his stock significantly. The only thing he's got and ever had going for him is his victory over Conor McGregor so he'll hold onto the chance to get a massive payday out of a rubber match with him before he'll either retire or go back to his status as a glorified journeyman in the lower half of the LW division rankings. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for that, it's the smartest thing he could do right now, it's just that he's clearly overestimating his own value. He's not the value in this fight, the whole story is and always was big draw Conor fighting against the first guy who beat him in the UFC. If anything this fight became less interesting and less valuable after Conor now lost to another fighter in the octagon, one he shares a much more personal and intense rivalry with. The only reason I see why Nate suddenly took the fight with Poirier after turning all those fights down is because the two would match up similarly as McGregor and Diaz and given the fact that Poirier is most likely still not on the same level as Conor Diaz might've been hoping to be able to push for the trilogy by beating Dustin.

If we never see Nate Diaz in the octagon again, I honestly couldn't care less. The guy's antics have become more than annoying, he's never been as exciting in the octagon as his brother and the last thing I want to see is the UFC giving more people spots and shots that they've earned through talking and fan support rather than through their accomplishments in the cage.
Some of the things you say are probably true, but Nate will always sell tickets. Personally, always supporting big brother Nick.....

One of the few times I can't argue with Pink Goofs stance.

Diva-ez bros are practically talking themselves right out of every potential fight nowadays.

It's frustrating as a fan to watch.
He should just cut both of them.

Yeah, they could go somewhere else and fight... but what promotion is going to pay the astronomical show money and put up with their primadonna attitudes for questionable drawing power?

One of the few times I can't argue with Pink Goofs stance.

Diva-ez bros are practically talking themselves right out of every potential fight nowadays.

It's frustrating as a fan to watch.
While I agree the frustration of just wanting to see them fight, you always gotta take what Dana says with a BIG grain of salt.
What are those 50 fights?
for how much money?

how can he claim it was Diaz brothers when the fight fell through and NOT because of them?

IMHO this push back was because now that Conor lost, Nate might be pushing for another fight with Conor, and Dana is playing hardball.

We're talking about 2016, not 2013. Henderson was another option and he completely owned Nate Diaz. That MMA math doesn't work.

People who imagine Nate Diaz is pushing PPV astound me. Khabib fight with Conor did much better and he's a complete unknown with casuals.

Nate's a big draw, always has been. Spike TV used to pay UFC and Nate extra so he would be available to headline their free cards.

If he was just another fighter, like you say, then UFC wouldn't be constantly talking about him and trying to pressure him into taking fights he doesn't want to take. They put up with the Diaz bros. because they sell. Why do you think Nick got a title shot after no-showing those press conferences... because he sells. It's very obvious.

Nick even threatened to retire from MMA and go to boxing to try and force UFC to pay him what he's worth.

Edit: The truth is, Nick and Nate are just interested in money fights now. They're done with the climbing the ranks fights, and fighting up and comers. They don't need the money or the stress. UFC is cheap so we can expect lots of shit-talking between the sides.

Remember last time Nate re-negotiated his contract, Dana was talking all sorts of shit about him to try and devalue his stock.

Dana the Grim Reaper

As a Diaz bros fan its getting frustrating I think the UFC should try ghosting them instead of always coming to them with major fights and getting sent back to HQ with nothing.
Ignore them let them watch money fights happen until they start calling out Dana and the UFC because they arent getting fights then they can get in contact with the whole "Are you sure you want to fight?" get them fired up to fight again

As a Diaz bros fan its getting frustrating I think the UFC should try ghosting them instead of always coming to them with major fights and getting sent back to HQ with nothing.
Ignore them let them watch money fights happen until they start calling out Dana and the UFC because they arent getting fights then they can get in contact with the whole "Are you sure you want to fight?" get them fired up to fight again

They're not little kids to click on that bait.

They're financially independent from the UFC, so they'll just live happily ever after

We all know who the Diaz brothers are. Don’t know why people get all salty about it when Dana or anyone says it. For both brothers it’s not what they are worth, it’s about what makes it worth it to them to fight.

Im sick of the Diaz bros constant victim roles while bitching, whining and crying about every single thing that happens to them. They both act like paranoid ungrateful divas.

Hopefully the UFC squats on their contracts till they are forced to do seminars to pay their bills.

Back