‘Midsommar’ director’s cut will be an Apple TV exclusive

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/05/midsommar-directors-cut-apple-exclusive/

A director's cut of Ari Aster's broad-daylight horror movie Midsommar hit select theaters this past weekend, expanding the original runtime of 148 minutes to 171 minutes. While A24 will publish the original cut as a Blu-ray, DVD and digital combo pack on September 24th, and Lionsgate will release a standalone DVD on October 8th, the director's cut will be an Apple TV exclusive, as noted by Blood Disgusting.

The director's cut will also be released on September 24th and features some extended scenes, a new scene of a pagan ritual and more explicit exposition between the two main characters. The movie focuses on Dani and Christian, a young couple lurching toward a breakup. They're invited to their friend's commune in Sweden, which is hosting a ceremony that occurs every 90 years. Between the magic mushrooms, the rituals, and the random bear in a cage, things get weird. It's a must-see for fans of psychological horror and independent filmmaking.

Quotes from the comments:

"The Director's Cut was freakin FANTASTIC! I love how some scenes were actually different than in the movie and i loved the added footages as well. I can't wait!! :)"

"I wanted to watch the movie alone over the weekend but didn't work out since it was kinda full. And the Director's Cut to me is much better."

"Awesome. The Director's Cut was great."

"That just means that people will watch the pirated copy of the director's cut movie. So they are just losing out on revenue they would have had if they released it for all platforms." - "Apple will have paid them a fair amount for exclusivity so I doubt they’re losing out."

Man I fucking hate retail exclusives. And as a collector of blu rays I find this highly annoying!

I'm not even gonna buy the blu ray now. What the fuck do I want to own an inferior version of a movie for? They are dumb as hell for doing this.

Director's Cut should mean more gratuitous female frontal nudity. Get with the program Apple!

I liked that movie but i don't know if i can sit through the whole things again if the dir cut is just more relationshippy talking scenes between that chick and her BF and a couple of extra rituals.

Dir cut should be more violence and gore and at least one scene of full penetration.

I'm not even gonna buy the blu ray now. What the fuck do I want to own an inferior version of a movie for? They are dumb as hell for doing this.

Yeah, it's a total money grab in order to make fans of the film double-dip by purchasing the regular version now & then, the director's cut later on. One that I totally capitulated to by buying the Blu-ray earlier this week. But, in my defense, my wife & I missed it when it was in theaters despite wanting to see it badly ( we both loved HEREDITARY ). So, I just bit the bullet & got the Blu-ray so we could watch it this weekend.
Which we did & we both were blown away by it. So much so that, yeah, once the director's cut is released on 4K disc in the future I'll be buying the movie again. At that point, I'll just give the regular Blu-ray away to a friend as a gift.

Director's Cut should mean more gratuitous female frontal nudity. Get with the program Apple!
and some back nudity. don't shortchange the butt, brother.

I just want to see the main chick naked.

apparently the only extra nudity in the directors cut is male :(
P.S according to mrskin, she does get nude in the following titles:
  • Lady Macbeth
  • Marcella
  • Outlaw King
She has a great ass. Enjoy

Get to it coward
iu
Do I look like a coward to you?

I haven't seen it yet but I saw it was available for rent on Amazon. Didnt it just come out in theaters?

and some back nudity. don't shortchange the butt, brother.

apparently the only extra nudity in the directors cut is male :(
P.S according to mrskin, she does get nude in the following titles:
  • Lady Macbeth
  • Marcella
  • Outlaw King
She has a great ass. Enjoy

Oh shit that is her in Lady Macbeth. her ass was hella fat and nice.

Havent seen the other titles

<mma4>

Will check out the Director's Cut. I liked Hereditary.

Hail Paimon.

I haven't seen it yet but I saw it was available for rent on Amazon. Didnt it just come out in theaters?
It came out a while ago and just became available to rent last week. I personally thought it was very lame.

That movie was of the weirdest and crappy movies I’ve ever watched.

Midsommar was Mehh. Hereditary was better but even then it wasn't as good as the people were claiming.

This movie just reeks of Hipster Horror fans. Midsommar,Heriditary,The Witch, It follows, Get Out . All slow burn Hipster movies who overrated the shit out of them because there isn't gore and it's slow as shit. Pussies. Don't get me wrong they are good films but they aren't the best Horror has to offer

Back