‘Ice Guardians’ - The History of the Enforcer in the NHL

Does it talk about Lindros? He was the Stone Cold Steve Austin of the NHL until that Stevens hit.

Well, it started long before Stevens hit him. He was having concussion troubles for years. Then, he kept coming up the ice with his head down. Not to mention every team was bringing on defensemen whose sole purposes were to wait for him to do that and try to take him out of the game with a big hit.

But he was definitely my favorite player to watch. He was simply amazing out there.

The new rules are killing the game of hockey. They're trying too hard to take fighting out of it without taking fighting out of it. And I would bet that if we looked at the numbers, we would see more injuries, including more head trauma, as a result. Hockey will never be as good as it was in the 90s if they don't change the rules back to the way they were sans the two line pass. Because that shit is stupid.

Even if your team sucked, if you had an enforcer it was worth it to watch game. The Isles have had some good ones, but the craziest has to be Domi

It's on vimeo if you haven't watched it. Just found it.

Shit, never came across this till now, thanks for link @EvilDDS . Looks legit enough, I'll definitely be checking this out.

Bring on them fucking Habs! GO LEAFS GO!
Not my thread, @Phr3121 started it and provided the link so thank him. But yes, Go Leafs Go! Matthews with the hatty!

I have never seen a fight at a ducks game is the role of the enforcer less prominent in 2017.

Domi vs Probert was a legendary rivalry
Yeah, Domi was inexplicably missing. One guy talked about him a little bit. But that's it. I mean, how the fuck is he not in the mix for best enforcer ever? He is 5'8" and was fighting guys twice his size and beating the shit out of them. I still have no idea how he was able to do that. Maybe being a southpaw helped?

Met Domi at the World Cup of Hockey last year at the gold game, was an awesome guy too. Has a helluva head on him, no wonder he could take a punch
Like Domi but he is an asshole. Met him several times and yes. my gawd that head. Its massive and like a cinder block.

He lives in Oakville Ontario and talk to any of the neighbours or people who had kids playing hockey with his kids and everyone will tell you what an ass he is.

Chris Nilan was another legendary one. We can see him here giving tricks on how to fight a frenchie (he has faced his lot):
DMI_98tU8AAsFm0.jpg

They should take their skills and make it a school of martial arts. I love to learn it. So many things can be applied to standing on ground.

Yeah, Domi was inexplicably missing. One guy talked about him a little bit. But that's it. I mean, how the fuck is he not in the mix for best enforcer ever? He is 5'8" and was fighting guys twice his size and beating the shit out of them. I still have no idea how he was able to do that. Maybe being a southpaw helped?

Domi was short but he also over 200 lbs of solid muscle with bricks for fists and a goddamn cinder block of a head. Imagine if Mark Hunt was a bit smaller and solid muscle with no flab and that's pretty much Tie Domi. You can't knock him out or hurt him and he just keeps wailing on you until you fall over or take him down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back