News ‘Bigfoot’ Silva: ‘I have no idea’ why I’m out of Eagle FC main event

Red flag#1 and #2. Pulling this on Silva is the first and the second is Rizvan. Isn’t he the guy that Conor went ham on Khabib over because He was in prison for embezzlement and Khabib and everyone in Dagestan was basically doing the “free Rizvan” routine? I could be wrong but I think he is the guy.
Different guy but Rizvan is literally a higher up in Dominance MMA, aka Ali's agency

https://dominancemma.com/rizvan-magomedov-ali-abdelaziz-ufc-russia/

Ya but Bigfoot said he did no medical tests so how can they decide that.

Also I very much doubt Florida, the same place that sanctions and approves the BKFC bouts, where guys in their late 30s/40s with multiple straight first round KOs get approved to fight decent boxers, really said that someone is not medically fit. You would have to be a corpse to not get approved in Florida.

Are you implying that FL let a 58-year old Holyfield fight, so why not Bigfoot? Because I agree with you.

Please retire Bigfoot, its so sad to see him fighting, he is a complete and utter punching bag, he can barely even move, he is beyond slow and just a punching bag, its really sad to see. If his coaches and team have any dignity and care they would never train him to fight and compete

Khabib is learning from Dana and the UFC faster than we thought.

Ya gota know when to hold em, Know when to fold em....Know when to walk away...Know when to RUN....

Sounds like they just saw it as a currently better fighter becoming available for probably around the same price.

Red flag#1 and #2. Pulling this on Silva is the first and the second is Rizvan. Isn’t he the guy that Conor went ham on Khabib over because He was in prison for embezzlement and Khabib and everyone in Dagestan was basically doing the “free Rizvan” routine? I could be wrong but I think he is the guy.
Any articles on this rizvan character, sounds interesting.

Any articles on this rizvan character, sounds interesting.

I believe the Egyptian guy who does a bunch of reporting on shady characters in MMA did a write up on him at one point. Name escapes the journalist fellow...

Former UFC heavyweight contender Antonio Silva was expected to face Tyrone Spong in the main event of Eagle FC’s first U.S. show on Jan. 28, but has since being replaced by Sergei Kharitonov.

“Bigfoot” said he was the last one to find out he was no longer fighting in Miami.

MMA Fighting reached out to Silva after news broke that Kharitonov was stepping in as a replacement. On his way to the gym, the Brazilian fighter was surprised by the news. Eagle FC CEO Rizvan Magomedov stated in a press release that they “we were certainly disappointed to lose ‘Bigfoot’ in our main event, [but] we are incredibly excited to welcome Sergei Kharitonov to our organization.”

Silva said he was first approached with the offer “three weeks ago” by Ronny Markes, president of Dominance MMA Brazil, and he initially turned it down since he had trained with Spong in the past. He changed his mind after hearing that Spong had agreed to it and said he signed a contract this past week.

“Bigfoot” had bought plane tickets to finish his camp in Germany in January, planning to train with longtime friend Gleison Tibau in Europe, before he found out he was no longer competing.

“I have no idea what happened,” Silva told MMA Fighting. “No one from the promotion told me anything as to why I’m out. They simply changed it, put Kharitonov in, and told me nothing.”

Silva said he heard from people in the MMA industry that the Florida State Athletic Commission “wouldn’t let me fight in the United States, but I’m not suspended by any athletic commission in the United States.” The FSAC did not respond a request for comment.

“For a commission to ban an athlete com fighting, he must have problems in his exams, like brain, blood or eye, and those tests weren’t done yet because we’re still far away from the fight,” he said. “A commission can’t stop an athlete from working when he doesn’t have any health problem. I’m ready, I’m training day after day, and saying I pulled out from the fight is a lie. I still don’t know 100 percent why they pulled me from the fight.

“This promotion is from Russian, it’s Khabib [Nurmagomedov’s] company, and Kharitonov is from [Russia], and they still haven’t told me why the change. I found out about it through the media and I still have on explanation as to why I was replaced.”

Maybe he should watch his last few fights, and then he'll know why.

Lol it might be best for big foot that this fight got cancelled

Odd and not very considerate at all....but this is likely a good thing for Silva, Spong is a killer standing and BF is slow, old and will have a really hard time getting Spong down to the mat. In other words he would have been beat up fairly badly imo...I mean come on BF has won 1 fight in his last 11 and has lost by TKO or KO in 8 of them.

Def seems like a commission issue and good cause that fight sucked. Sergei is a much better fight anyway.

Back