Zuffa 2004-2006 financials

Not to mention the fact that the roster and events held would've only been a quarter of what it is now

Great point as well
Less chances for fighters to get paid
Nice logical addition

According to an audit (supplied by John Nash) UFC was not in as bad of shape prior to TUF as they claim

QovTiPn.jpg

They lost only $650k in 2004

But what a killer profit year 2006 was
They made roughly $42 on every $100, that is an incredible margin & set the tone for profit > pay
Dude who cooks pasta at Olive Garden speculating on financial state of multi-billion dollar company, using decade old, unverified income statement as proof. Everyone pay attention. LOL

Hughes got $1million bonus check for fighting Royce in 06 according to his book, he also fought GSP and Penn the same year.

Chuck and Tito both had 4 fights each in 06 and they're declared pay was around $1million each from base pay not including PPV and their fight sold one million buys.

I can believe they paid out $18m over the course of the year.

I thought I replied yesterday, but didn't
If your figures are correct, they certainly could have.
I wasn't following closely then, so never heard/read that.
If you have any links, that would be great, but no need to go out of your way.

Dude who cooks pasta at Olive Garden speculating on financial state of multi-billion dollar company, using decade old, unverified income statement as proof. Everyone pay attention. LOL

Actually I never been paid to work at Olive Garden (nor wanted to work there), but I been paid to do financial reporting/interviews & was called "one of the smarter people that follows the business" by the #1 financial reporter for MMA (Meltzer)

obviously not why are you so TRIGGERED? i called out your boyfriend FrankieUFCshill?
Lol. You should feel proud of your “call out”. Well done young man.

You’re not triggered with a call out in a thread you claimed you didn’t even read, but I’m triggered for calling you a retard for it. Lol.

Keep up the good work.

Actually I never been paid to work at Olive Garden (nor wanted to work there), but I been paid to do financial reporting & was called "one of the smarter people that follows the business" by the #1 financial reporter for MMA (Meltzer)
  • Meltzer is not the "#1 financial report for MMA" In fact, he isn't #1 at anything in MMA, except Yahoo shit bird.
  • If you have to tell us who you are, you're not who you think you are.
  • Post your accounting and business development credentials, then post recent financials and verify their authenticity or just stop it.
  • I know for a fact you boil a mean angel hair and that you worked at Olive Garden in Jersey for exactly 6.65 months. You also have a tattoo of Prince Harry on your inner thigh.

Only last year the new owners had to take out another loan, this time for $100m and they are now putting on PPV's that do 85k buys. The company is clearly doing great lol.

Revenue from 2006 could EASILY pay every fighter their salary and still have $25,000,000 for each Dana, Frank and Renz!

I thought I replied yesterday, but didn't
If your figures are correct, they certainly could have.
I wasn't following closely then, so never heard/read that.
If you have any links, that would be great, but no need to go out of your way.

TAPOLOGY.COM fighter profiles has all the purses declared to the commissions and Hughes check was in his book.

Seems a lot more cards had their purses declared back then than they do now.

TAPOLOGY.COM fighter profiles has all the purses declared to the commissions and Hughes check was in his book.

Seems a lot more cards had their purses declared back then than they do now.

I couldn't find anything on a fast search, but I trust you
Thanks for the additional info

@cmw43

Here is what I found for Chuck in 2006

http://thesportsdaily.com/2013/09/11/chuck-liddell-career-earnings-fox11/
UFC 57 – Feb 4/06 – W (Couture) – $250,000
UFC 62 – Aug 26/06 – W (Sobral) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Knockout of the Night bonus*)
UFC 66 – Dec 30/06 – W (Ortiz) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Fight of the Night bonus*)

But AC only reports for main eventers are rarely accurate
Plus no PPV was included

@cmw43

Here is what I found for Chuck in 2006

http://thesportsdaily.com/2013/09/11/chuck-liddell-career-earnings-fox11/
UFC 57 – Feb 4/06 – W (Couture) – $250,000
UFC 62 – Aug 26/06 – W (Sobral) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Knockout of the Night bonus*)
UFC 66 – Dec 30/06 – W (Ortiz) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Fight of the Night bonus*)

But AC only reports for main eventers are rarely accurate
Plus no PPV was included

There was another article said Rampage made over $15million in 5 years with the UFC.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-rampage-jackson-career-earnings-ufc-millions

You guys in here seem to have alot of insight into the business side of the UFC. I have been wondering why the UFC is still running with the PPV model.

Do you think the UFC could expand it's mainstream appeal / audience by going for a Netflix style model (i guess fightpass or something along those lines, except it would include ALL the events) with a cheap monthly / yearly subscription that includes all the events.

I'm guessing there is a good reason for them not going this route, please enlighten me.

Sorry if it's abit offtopic.

You guys in here seem to have alot of insight into the business side of the UFC. I have been wondering why the UFC is still running with the PPV model.

Do you think the UFC could expand it's mainstream appeal / audience by going for a Netflix style model (i guess fightpass or something along those lines, except it would include ALL the events) with a cheap monthly / yearly subscription that includes all the events.

I'm guessing there is a good reason for them not going this route, please enlighten me.

Sorry if it's abit offtopic.

Not at all off-topic
WME said at the sale date they wanted to reduce PPV & that is the plan for 2019.
They were tied into existing contracts when they bought the brand

But they could never come close to getting the money on TV or an OTT service that they do for bigger fights

a 350k PPV brings in about $13.5m on PPV alone
So imagine a bigger PPV

WWE/Vince regret putting Mania & the other big 3 PPVs on the network because they did well on those standalone's

WWE only makes $2 profit per every subscriber

Jesus Christ! I was following one of the most interesting threads I have read on Sherdog in a long time and you go and drop this bomb? Totally derailed me...

Obviously I was thrown as well
Btw ... glad you are enjoying the (mostly) civil discussion
JOIN IN

Thanks for the answer Frankie! Interesting stuff!

i got into teh UefCee in 2006. im good luck!

Back