Zoos suck (rant)

TS is upset the zoo"s food stand wouldn't let him get a refill with his SeaWorld souvenir cup. (a cup he either stole from a grade schooler or grabbed out of a garbage can because we all know he ain't pay for no cup)

I'll dispel a few common myths here
Zoos rarely if ever take animals from the wild these days. Almost all are born in captivity. Many the come from the wild were injured and can not be released.
Zoo animals often behave like wild animals. Wild animals spend a lot of their day eating or sleeping.
Going to the zoo on a hot day is not the zoos fault.
The animals are supposed to be ambassadors to the wild and help you learn not do fucking tricks.
Humans are directly responsible for causing the 6th mass extinction.

I saw some crazy shit. The gazelles were grazing in a circle with their backs towards each other... for scouting and lookout purposes. The zookeeper said the gazelles were born in the zoo, and never have encountered a lion or even another predator. I though that was crazy

So you're pissed that the animals that we take out of their natural habitat and confine in cages for our amusement didn't do backflips for you on demand?

I guess my expectations were too high. I wanted more than to watch animals eat grass, and shit. Is a trick or two, too much to ask? Its not like I expect the animals to ride bicycles or anything.

Zoos are for fucking kids you weirdo.

I guess my expectations were too high. I wanted more than to watch animals eat grass, and shit. Is a trick or two, too much to ask? Its not like I expect the animals to ride bicycles or anything.
Why would they do tricks? They're not trained to do tricks. What part of that aren't you understanding?

Zoo's seem more like a family activity then a "homie" activity

I'm pretty sure the animals were there to watch you and your homies do it like they do it in the discovery channel.

I'll dispel a few common myths here
Zoos rarely if ever take animals from the wild these days. Almost all are born in captivity. Many the come from the wild were injured and can not be released.
Zoo animals often behave like wild animals. Wild animals spend a lot of their day eating or sleeping.
Going to the zoo on a hot day is not the zoos fault.
The animals are supposed to be ambassadors to the wild and help you learn not do fucking tricks.
Humans are directly responsible for causing the 6th mass extinction.

Is it really true that animals are most active during the morning or early evening? I enjoy going to zoos but not going to lie that i always end up going when they are sleeping lol i like zoos but im not sure how i feel about predators staying in enclosures as they are very intelligent, on the other hand zoos did help me appreciate wild animals while growing up. My kids are in awe of seeing wild animals also.

Yes, most animals are most active in the am because they have just been shifted, fed, trained, woke up etc. many animals are really only active a few hours each day so you are only seeing a snapshot of their activity.

Why would they do tricks? They're not trained to do tricks. What part of that aren't you understanding?

They need to do tricks. That's the point. The keepers need to train those beasts to be more entertaining. You should have seen the attendees Mr. Horse. Everyone there was bored as shit.

If Sea World can train the dolphins to shoot baskets, and the Orcas to do backflips, then what's the problem?

A day spent watching the orangutans is not a day wasted in my opinion.

Bay Area doesn't pay for his pop and jumps into Tigers dens.

You're just asking for a paddlin!!

They need to do tricks. That's the point. The keepers need to train those beasts to be more entertaining. You should have seen the attendees Mr. Horse. Everyone there was bored as shit.

That's called a circus you moron.

That's called a circus you moron.
He's just trolling at this point. I think he's taking his reputation as some scummy, poor bum on this forum and trying to make awkward troll jokes with it.

He's just trolling at this point. I think he's taking his reputation as some scummy, poor bum on this forum and trying to make awkward troll jokes with it.

If that's the case, my statement about him being a moron still stands.

I think this guy is embracing his douchnozzle persona.

Back