Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

125 is pretty expensive for a pet that only lives 1 year.

I wanted to post this. Pretty sure even a hardy and well kept Mantis barely crosses 14 months from nymph to dead. Keep them as a nymph is pretty uneventful. Adulthood is usually 6 months to 8 months pushing it.It's when they reach adulthood where they are big enough to go for bigger preys like a pro.

I have read online that lowering the average temp will lengthen their life because it extends the time between each molting. I'm not sure if it's good for your Mantis by doing this though.

125 is pretty expensive for a pet that only lives 1 year.

My dogues only live about 5 and they cost $2K plus (my first cost 3K/ 2nd was a rescue).
Of course dogs offer a little more than insects...

My dogues only live about 5 and they cost $2K plus (my first cost 3K/ 2nd was a rescue).
Of course dogs offer a little more than insects...
you ever consider a breed with long lifespan for your next dog? My last dog died about 10 years ago and I'm still sad about it ;_;

Too many pet deaths in my life almost me makes wanna get a tortoise or parrot instead.

you ever consider a breed with long lifespan for your next dog? My last dog died about 10 years ago and I'm still sad about it ;_;

Too many pet deaths in my life almost me makes wanna get a tortoise or parrot instead.

Yeah, I love that breed more than any other, but I can't go through that every 5 years. I've been looking at other breeds, but I'm so busy, no seriously, that I can't bring a puppy into the house right now.

I have no idea why it keeps erasing my posts. So I will be brief this time. Mostly, when she bites, it is playful. She just bites hard, even if she does not mean to. She has drawn blood a few times.

They can make good pets, but to get one not stolen from the jungle, they can be pricey. I have seen some for $1000, but ours was 11k. They don't eat much, poop once a week, and really like to snuggle, at least ours does with us. She knows us(they have bad eyesight), and she makes cute "meep" noises when she wants to be held. She hisses when she doesn't want held. You can walk around while they hang from your shirt, but if they don't want to be lit down, they can grab with those big, sharp claws. But she is so damn cool

What's MACNA? I don't know if I'd want an insect for a pet, but if I did it would be a mantis.

Gabe, tree roos don't eat mantis do they?
Lol. Not on purpose, but they do enjoy hard boiled eggs.

There's always at least one person selling exotic mantids at the herp shows around here. They are neat but are really delicate to keep and don't live long.

@jefferz why did it say trapped? I've seen the video before and moose are some impressive animals

I have no idea why it keeps erasing my posts. So I will be brief this time. Mostly, when she bites, it is playful. She just bites hard, even if she does not mean to. She has drawn blood a few times.

They can make good pets, but to get one not stolen from the jungle, they can be pricey. I have seen some for $1000, but ours was 11k. They don't eat much, poop once a week, and really like to snuggle, at least ours does with us. She knows us(they have bad eyesight), and she makes cute "meep" noises when she wants to be held. She hisses when she doesn't want held. You can walk around while they hang from your shirt, but if they don't want to be lit down, they can grab with those big, sharp claws. But she is so damn cool
11k?!!!¡!¡!¡!
For real?!!

P.s. how do I start a sloth farm and can I sell them legally?..

11k?!!!¡!¡!¡!
For real?!!

P.s. how do I start a sloth farm and can I sell them legally?..

Let's try this again. They are legally sold here, but if you see one for under 5k, you likely won't be able to find out if it was bred in captivity or sloth-napped from the wild.

Also, I am holding her right now. She says she would run if sloth-nappers came for her. She watched the movie split with me on sat night. She thinks she wants to watch civil war this weekend.

Let's try this again. They are legally sold here, but if you see one for under 5k, you likely won't be able to find out if it was bred in captivity or sloth-napped from the wild.
Yeah, animal smugglers are POSes. EFF'em!!!

Also, I am holding her right now. She says she would run if sloth-nappers came for her. She watched the movie split with me on sat night. She thinks she wants to watch civil war this weekend.
Pics!!

Just crop your ugly mug out :)

iframe>

iframe>

Back