Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

My tree roo!

Great job underplaying the dangers of the land shark Gabe!

I'm deathly afraid of arachnids, but I think jumping spiders are adorable.

check this cutie out
ToPe7xB.jpg

t3_6lf1ra

Last edited:
yeah, thats awesome. rocking those mandrill colors like a boss.
mandrill_male.jpg

mandrill_fact_1.jpg
I've always wondered if they can fight as ferociously as they look.
mandril4-800.jpg

Not much data on how they stack up against humans or other animals, but they are p4p most intimidating looking primate.

I've always wondered if they can fight as ferociously as they look.
mandril4-800.jpg

Not much data on how they stack up against humans or other animals, but they are p4p most intimidating looking primate.
They're absolutely terrifying; the stuff of nightmares.

Not like they're cousins, the Heeeeey,Maaanndrill
image84.jpg

@paynebringer

A lone honey badger is on the prowl, looking for food. He come across a group of Mandrills who have killed a gazelle and are preparing to eat it. The honey badger growls and charges at the troop, baring his teeth in a sign of aggression. A large male comes to defend his troop and picks up a nearby rock and throws it at the honey badger, hitting it on the nose. The badger growls even louder and lunges at the mandrill, its teeth just missing the monkey's arm. The male madrill also lunges forward in a mock strike but as he does the badger snaps forward and grabs the madrill by the arm, digging his teeth in. The Mandrill screams in pain and grabs the badgers neck with his free arm and starts to tug and pull at it's neck fat but to no avail. He then opens his mouth and clamps it down on the badgers left shoulder bone. The badger is forced to let go as the large canine teeth of the primate dig into it's nerves.

The mandrill clutches his injured arm with his good hand and slinks away into the bushes. The badger makes it's way to the carcess of the gazelle and begins to feed off it. The rest of the mandrill troop back away and wait untill the badger is satisfied and has dissapeared into the undergrowth before tenteivly making thier way back over to the carcess.

Winner Honey Badger

Experts Opinion

The Badger's agressiveness and experiance fighting larger foes meant it made short work of the Mandrill.
http://deadliestbeasts.wikia.com/wiki/Mandrill

I've fallen into an animal youtube rabbit hole and I can't get out.

Well. What did you find???

Also my god I love Salticids (jumping spiders for you common folk.)
This:

And an intense Tiger vs. Tiger fight that I thought might be to the death, but it was just a territorial dispute. It was cray.
then moose with a brain worm, and some more tiger hunting animals videos.

Per the video, the pangolins are the most poached animal in the world (est over 1 million) in the 10 years! And because of that they are somewhere on the endangered spectrum.
Sad.

Per the video, the pangolins are the most poached animal in the world (est over 1 million) in the 10 years! And because of that they are somewhere on the endangered spectrum.
Sad.
CNN adopted the pangolin as a sort of informal mascot to raise awareness for black market animal trade.
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/04/opinion/sutter-change-the-list-pangolin-trafficking/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/opinions/sutter-pangolin-cites-illegal-trade/index.html

Back