Zookeeper Gabes Animal Thread 4.0

U

Uakari.

U-is-for-Uakari-Cacajao-calvus.jpg

tumblr_lvt8ssspnJ1qlwss2o1_400.jpg

Okay, I admit that i had to Google animals beginning with u.

HAHA
I love how Gabe explains animals. I just imagine him sitting in front of a class of 2nd graders.

"...play fight and get all up in your shit, and not in a good way kids..if you know what I mean"

I play to my audience, I do talks all the time for kids, elderly and people who are easily offended. I can also do raunchy inappropriate talks that make sailors blush and anybody laugh, can make people nauseous with what animals do. It's a gift, with great power comes great responsibility.

Also Blitz your alphabetical knowledge sucks, cougar is way out of place :)

Funny story on tarsiers, that's actually how I met my wife. Back in the MySpace days some dumb shit woman was arguing how she should feed her dogs vegan food and no primates need meat and we should all be vegans. Well. Me and a bunch if other people were calling her dumb an I said there is a carnivorous primate but couldn't remember. Well this girl chimes in out of nowhere and just quotes me with "Tarsiers" and I was like who is this. Clicked on her profile and was like damn this girl is hot and has a picture with a clouded leopard in her lap. I then wrote her a message and it took a few times before she realized I was into her and we started talking, then we talked for hours a night then 6 months later she came out to visit from San Fran for 4 days and she moved out 6 weeks later and moved in with me and we have been together ever since.

^^^That's a great story, Gabe! Sounds like you guys are quite the pair. I can imagine the dinner conversations...:eek:

Tarsiers are cool little buggers. I got to handle them on this little island near Cebu, Phillipines. They sort of remind me of little primate Yodas.

^^^That's a great story, Gabe! Sounds like you guys are quite the pair. I can imagine the dinner conversations...:eek:

Tarsiers are cool little buggers. I got to handle them on this little island near Cebu, Phillipines. They sort of remind me of little primate Yodas.

Lol they can get pretty graphic. She left zoo keeping a year and a half ago to be the director of out local animal shelter but she is starting a new job at a new zoo on Sunday. She missed keeping too much.

These guys are crazy, they are actually the longest lizards (not largest just longest) There are "reports" of them being over 18' long, granted most if that is tail. A few of my friends have them and they can be nortoriously bad tempered.

I play to my audience, I do talks all the time for kids, elderly and people who are easily offended. I can also do raunchy inappropriate talks that make sailors blush and anybody laugh, can make people nauseous with what animals do. It's a gift, with great power comes great responsibility.

Also Blitz your alphabetical knowledge sucks, cougar is way out of place :)

Funny story on tarsiers, that's actually how I met my wife. Back in the MySpace days some dumb shit woman was arguing how she should feed her dogs vegan food and no primates need meat and we should all be vegans. Well. Me and a bunch if other people were calling her dumb an I said there is a carnivorous primate but couldn't remember. Well this girl chimes in out of nowhere and just quotes me with "Tarsiers" and I was like who is this. Clicked on her profile and was like damn this girl is hot and has a picture with a clouded leopard in her lap. I then wrote her a message and it took a few times before she realized I was into her and we started talking, then we talked for hours a night then 6 months later she came out to visit from San Fran for 4 days and she moved out 6 weeks later and moved in with me and we have been together ever since.

So where is the leapord?

x- African clawed frog (Xenopus laevis) this anal (autocorrect for animal, left for comedic effect) was once used in pregnancy tests for women and is implicated in the global spread of the deadly chytrid fungus.

065.jpg

Africanclawedfrog.jpg

@the ocean it was from when she worked at San Diego zoo when she was 20. His name was Norman and used in their show department and liked people.

Do you have all the technical names for animals memorized Gabe?

I was watching this one video and it explained why several species of cat are sometimes called Panthers. Said it had to do with the technical name for them starting with the word Panther but the second word (Cant remember) was different. Do you know what im talking about?

Do you have all the technical names for animals memorized Gabe?

I was watching this one video and it explained why several species of cat are sometimes called Panthers. Said it had to do with the technical name for them starting with the word Panther but the second word (Cant remember) was different. Do you know what im talking about?

I have a retarded amount of scientific names floating around in my head. Pantherine is the term for any of the big cats, lions, leopards, snow, clouded, jags, tigers (notice no retard cheetahs). Panther itself can be a Florida panther(cougar) and its sometimes used to describe a melanistic leopard or jaguar.

I have a retarded amount of scientific names floating around in my head. Pantherine is the term for any of the big cats, lions, leopards, snow, clouded, jags, tigers (notice no retard cheetahs). Panther itself can be a Florida panther(cougar) and its sometimes used to describe a melanistic leopard or jaguar.

I think the video I was watching was on the "Black Panther" or as it really is a melanistic leopard or jaguar.

Hey...always taking a jab at the Cheetah.
Id love to do this, just once, put it on the Bucket List or something.
Pet a cheetah.

I think the video I was watching was on the "Black Panther" or as it really is a melanistic leopard or jaguar.

Hey...always taking a jab at the Cheetah.
Id love to do this, just once, put it on the Bucket List or something.
Pet a cheetah.

I agree... i think owning a big cat in the good times would be amazing... but i know what a normal housecat does to my wrists when playing around with it.

If i remember correct the cheetah is the only big cat used in the past as "normal pet"

I mean not only as "grown in captivity animal that don't eat you" but actually a domesticated animal that is useful, it was tamed and used for hunt by aristocrats

Wrong?

^^^I don't know. Do ocelots count? I knew a guy w/ a pet ocelot. Thing had it's own bedroom and scratched the hell out of his furniture.

ocelot.jpg

Back