Zombie Gi (white review, pic heavy.)

HavenMess

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello All,
This is my first Gi review so bare with me. I currently own 3 other gi's (lucky, gameness, and combat corner.) I have increased my mat time recently and was looking for a mid level gi, with some of the newer features (pear weave gusset, contrast stitching, etc). So landed on Zombie because their Gi had all the features of another certain gi brand (which shall remain nameless), for about $30 less. So I ordered their White A2 and here is the review.

Fit: This fit (in comparison to my others) a bit large when it came, sleeves were about an inch below my wrist, and the pants had the pants just dragging a little on the floor. now some like looser fits, and this may be a perfect fit, but I like it a little snugger. I am 5'9" 175 lbs, so right in the middle of their A2 size chart. Not a big deal, after a wash and some drier it fit nice. Like all gi's (well most) its hard to have a perfect fit out of the bag.
Score: 8/10
IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Quality: I must say the quality of the Gi is so so, and I will touch on why. The the logos are all done very well. The lapel is a very good thickness/width. The armpits/side slits are both reinforced well, just like most gis. I have rolled for about a combined 6 hours in it (I know not a ton), and have washed it 2 times, with no color bleeding (I did set the color in a bath w/ vinegar for 30 min though). Now on to some of MY issues (as I mentioned, these are my concerns, so take them with a grain of salt): first off the stitching is not very good. If you look at the pictures it is crooked and even on the sleeve is sewed off. The thread has also come loose/ tore/ fell off in a few areas already. Next up is the seem tape. This is my biggest pet peeve and I think it is common with most, but it is very sharp/itchy on certain spots and it rubs/pokes you. Due to uneven threading (causing bunching or to tear from the tape). It is only bad on the sleeve cuffs and ankle cuffs. In addition, in multiple areas the tape has come loose. More cosmetic, but it still has really only been lightly used. Pants seem to be good, no complaints there other then the tape issue.
Score: 5/10

IMG_0437.jpg

ripped/missing sewing

IMG_0438.jpg

Off the sleeve sewing

IMG_0439.jpg

sewing totally of seem tape

"Features": Pearl weave gusset, seem tape, 6 loop draw sting, rip stop, thicker knee pads, etc.. and for the price..
Score:9/10
IMG_0436.jpg

Design: I love the design, not a ton of patches, but still some character. Short and sweet, check out the picture.
Score: 10/10

Customer Service: Was good over all. They respond faster to their facebook page then their email it seemed, so take that for what its worth.
Score: 8/10

So I would say over all, its a decent gi, especially for the price. If they can take care of a few of the quality issues in the next run it would be a 10/10 easy for me. Paid $140 w/ shipping.

Last edited:
Here is a comparison order goes: combat corner, lucky, gamness, and zombie (left to right)
IMG_0440.jpg

Full view:
IMG_0433.jpg

Nice looking uniform.
Just by reading the last few reviews on the boards, these new brands have to correct these issues.

Young man I was rolling with last night has about 4-5 Shoyoroll gis and everyone has some type of crooked contrast stitching. Looks pathetic. He told me he gets them for free and they fit his body well. As long as he's happy.

Yeah, I am 5'8" and 155 and got an A2 zombie, I shrunk shrunk it as much as I can and it is still just a little big and like you I like a snugger fit. So i ordered an A1 and it fits perfect, I love this gi and there customer service was better that any othe gi company I have delt with.

I have owned a Krugans, Redstar, Red Nose, Manto, Hayabusa, and now the zombie and aside from the red nose it is my fav.

Yeah, I am 5'8" and 155 and got an A2 zombie, I shrunk shrunk it as much as I can and it is still just a little big and like you I like a snugger fit. So i ordered an A1 and it fits perfect, I love this gi and there customer service was better that any othe gi company I have delt with.

I have owned a Krugans, Redstar, Red Nose, Manto, Hayabusa, and now the zombie and aside from the red nose it is my fav.

And have you had any of the issues w/ the thread/sewing and seem tape?

Back