Zoinks!!!! Soccer kick to the body KO!

Yeah. It was serious. There's some killers on this season.

it was vicious. Khalil used to train with Anderson who had very good things to say about him. I think he even said Khalil either KO'd or rocked him in training

I thought he still trains at Anderson's MTC? I remember Anderson mentioning a few years back that the UFC should sign him.

Why are these downed opponent rib kicks not utilized more?
because it's rare to be standing over someone who is posting or in turtle these days. You either endup with people on the ground because of a takedown, or a knockdown where they've flopped to guard or a similar position a lot of the time.

From what I've seen they're usually blocked by the arms. They still hurt a bunch but more times they're blocked. In this case it didn't happen and dude got blasted.

Great question. There are many legal and potentially damaging techniques that are under utilized. Some of them come with risk such as not seeking a position of control on a downed opponent. But if your opponent is down and not in a position to seek a TD, great technique to at least soften up the body, with potential to stop a fight. It may be that fighters fear them out of the potential to draw a foul if the opponent moves to much?

Great question. There are many legal and potentially damaging techniques that are under utilized. Some of them come with risk such as not seeking a position of control on a downed opponent. But if your opponent is down and not in a position to seek a TD, great technique to at least soften up the body, with potential to stop a fight. It may be that fighters fear them out of the potential to draw a foul if the opponent moves to much?

I'll never understand why we don't see this more often:

xd57uq.jpg

I'll never understand why we don't see this more often:

xd57uq.jpg
Me too. Such an effective strike without a lot of risk associated. I'm always begging for fighters to throw it when in a good position. Rarely do they, though.

They uploaded all the fights to youtube for some reason.

That was about as close to a Pride esque soccer kick finish your gonna see under the current ruleset.

ug0cb839.gif

Think danas reaction was even better then the kicks

g4grgrg.gif

I had no idea either. Thanks for the spoilers TS
Goes to sherdog

Goes to the sherdog forums

Goes to UFC discussion

Goes to TUF subtopic

"Thanks for the spoilers"

Fucking lol

Back