ZMA or BCAAs?

I don't know why but ZMA fucks up my sleep too. I become a VERY light sleeper when I'm on it. Even if I'm not woken by a pin drop, I will wake up automatically at 4AM or so then find it hard to get back to sleep. I can't sleep more than 6-7 hours on ZMA, it's just impossible. It's a shame too because like Vedic said, a lot of athletes are magnesium deficient (even though I'm not an athlete).

I've never been a good sleeper, but yea very light definitely applies - a lot of the times i will 'think' whilst im in the dream, and my sleep is so light ill literally drift back into awakeness, thinking i was trying to do something in the dream. f**k that.

But yea, I take a couple in the morning if I can, because I'm sure I feel better when Im on the zma, but hey could be a placebo as well. it's weird.

I've never been a good sleeper, but yea very light definitely applies - a lot of the times i will 'think' whilst im in the dream, and my sleep is so light ill literally drift back into awakeness, thinking i was trying to do something in the dream. f**k that.

But yea, I take a couple in the morning if I can, because I'm sure I feel better when Im on the zma, but hey could be a placebo as well. it's weird.

the vit b-6 can affect some people's sleep. You can simply purchase zinc and magnesium on your own.

Look for magnesium citrate, aspartate, malate, or bisglycinate, which have much better bioavailability*

I bought zinc picolinate, not sure if it's "the best" though.

*quote - MM

So I went with the ZMA, gonna get BCAA's next.

One question though, the bottole of ZMA says take 4 pills before my work out, and 4 before bed, i only ever heard of people taking them before they sleep...

So, should I take them mid day before working out too? Or is just at night good enough? anyone?

You can do both. Don't make rocket science out of basic knowledge.

So I went with the ZMA, gonna get BCAA's next.

One question though, the bottole of ZMA says take 4 pills before my work out, and 4 before bed, i only ever heard of people taking them before they sleep...

So, should I take them mid day before working out too? Or is just at night good enough? anyone?

never heard of it being used pre-wo. just use it pre bed.

haha I loved ZMA because of the dreams. made me rest much better also. If I'm not mistaken the main ingredients are chelated zinc, magnesium, and vitamin b6. I usead to buy the vitamins individuall and take them right before bed to get the same effect for WAY cheaper. That's what I would suggest.

this thread and talk of the crazy dreams reminded me that i still had a bottle of zma sitting around. well i took a dose for the first time in a year and what do ya know, i had a wild ass dream last night. ha ha, love it.

I usually take melatonin and ZMA together, and haven't had any weird dreams. Last night, because I was getting to bed later than usual, I skipped the melatonin so I wouldn't oversleep for work but took the ZMA. Holy shit I had 2 of the weirdest dreams of my entire life. I'm gonna keep stacking ZMA with melatonin lol.

So the melatonin apparently doesn't kill the crazy ZMA dreams. Any idea how to prevent crazy nightmares?

BCAAs are more effective than ZMA in my opinion. Leucine is a bit of a wonder amino, helping 1) stimulate protein synthesis 2) transport nutrients via its insulinogenic response 3) hydrolyze to provide ATP (energy) within muscle cells

Definitely go BCAAs over ZMA, I believe you'll notice more of an effect.

Back