ZMA/ Animal Pak?

Spend Money**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
im gettin ready for some grappling and mma. The next few weeks should be intense and im plannin on takin the following supplements...

hydroxycut
Animal Pak
Animal Pump
fish oil tablets
and possibly ZMA

ive heard good things about ZMA, but its basically zinc, magnesium, and b6. Animal Pak has all that and more. So do need to take ZMA if im takin animal pak?

also, what exactly is the connection between ZMA and BALCO? I CANT/ DONT WANT TO/ AND WILL NOT TAKE ANY STEROIDS DAMNIT!

If you haven't already, I suggest you read the FAQ and Stickies at the top of the D&S forum.

ZMA is not/does not contain steroids. I believe it is supposed to preserve free testosterone in your body. Though I just pulled that out of my head, and I could be incorrect.

I'd also suggest staying as far away from Hydroxycut as possible.

Hell, if it was me, I'd stick to eating healthy, fish oil, protein and maybe some creatine monohydrate if you wanted.

You could be saving all that money for healthy foods.

ZMA does not contain steroids but is technically illegal in some comps since it may release growth hormones, but its undetectable so there no need to worry

ZMA does not contain steroids but is technically illegal in some comps since it may release growth hormones, but its undetectable so there no need to worry

im not a cheater, if the shit is illegal i wont use it. I dont want any steroids or HGH.

milk isnt gonna make me fail a drug test for artificial HGH.

ZMA isnt artificial HGH, but is technically a human growth releaser

the state athletics drug agency is very vague, but says all growth releasers can be subject to ban, which is why im saying ZMA is pretty much safe

zma just gives u deeper sleep, helps with recovery by relaxing your muscles after some hard workouts

all that test/gh effects arent a big deal enough for u to steering clear of zma

well worth it

ZMA isnt artificial HGH, but is technically a human growth releaser

the state athletics drug agency is very vague, but says all growth releasers can be subject to ban, which is why im saying ZMA is pretty much safe

WRONG. ZMA = Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6.

It is nothing but a vitamin and mineral supplement and cannot elevate any hormone levels above natural levels. The premise behind its use is that many athlete's tend to be deficient in these micronutrients, probably through faster ****bolism and greater perspiration. Having a deficiency in these nutrients can possibly affect hormone levels, so supplementing helps prevent this.

In a nutshell:

Zinc = necessary for testosterone production
Magnesium = CNS depressant that can provide higher quality sleep and faster recovery
Vitamin B6 = necessary for proper neurotransmitter and RBC production

BALCO just created a brilliant marketing scheme which implied that it could improve hormone production. In reality it just reduces the likelihood of abnormal hormone levels due to vitamin or mineral deficiency. The only noticeable result that most people will experience is improved sleep, due to Magnesium's depressant properties.

I've taken Animal Pak before and really didn't like it. It seemed to make me feel worse. Now I just take whatever one of the GNC green based vitamins.

WRONG. ZMA = Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6.

It is nothing but a vitamin and mineral supplement and cannot elevate any hormone levels above natural levels. The premise behind its use is that many athlete's tend to be deficient in these micronutrients, probably through faster ****bolism and greater perspiration. Having a deficiency in these nutrients can possibly affect hormone levels, so supplementing helps prevent this.

In a nutshell:

Zinc = necessary for testosterone production
Magnesium = CNS depressant that can provide higher quality sleep and faster recovery
Vitamin B6 = necessary for proper neurotransmitter and RBC production

BALCO just created a brilliant marketing scheme which implied that it could improve hormone production. In reality it just reduces the likelihood of abnormal hormone levels due to vitamin or mineral deficiency. The only noticeable result that most people will experience is improved sleep, due to Magnesium's depressant properties.

Thank god you posted this, because I was banging my fist in to my head after reading some of the previous responses.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the OP should read the stickies and make sure his diet is in check before spending a bunch of money on supplements he doesn't even understand. If you think that a mineral supplement may be related to steroids, your overall knowledge nees to be increased before continuing.

Okay first of all Spend Money, fuck you for making me google Animal Pump and Animal Pak. Some things can't be unseen!

They both look like garbage IMO. They're both "everything but the kitchen sink" supplements, that while they contain lots of stuff that can be useful, the dose they give you is too low to be effective. Hydroxycut has been useless since they took the ephedrine out.

Okay first of all Spend Money, fuck you for making me google Animal Pump and Animal Pak. Some things can't be unseen!

They both look like garbage IMO. They're both "everything but the kitchen sink" supplements, that while they contain lots of stuff that can be useful, the dose they give you is too low to be effective. Hydroxycut has been useless since they took the ephedrine out.

The Universal products are a bit weird. The Animal Pak regurgitates a taste like dog food and you piss highlighter yellow for a day or two. They are giant horse pills too....With that said I take them with a food that will prevent any burps and I also take extra liver cleansers with them*****

The Animal M-Stak (for hardgainers) is definitely weird. It affected my mood and has a nasty little red caffeine pill that you should throw out of every pak. A co-worker told me that he grew back hair and had yellow arm pits and zits all over his lats. But I call BS.

Lastly the Animal Flex isn't too bad. Still horse pills but as far as joint health goes, it seems to work just fine and also appears to have anti-inflam effects.

My 2 cents...

Back