Zimbabwe coup or not?

Damn I can't believe I typed Fruit basket haha that's what it is now.
I'm not trying educate you but you seem to have issue admitting Zimbabwe the country murdered the white farmers. Mugabe was chosen by the people and the people supported the genocide of white farmers it wasn't concealed like the holocaust (although plenty of Germans knew) it was happening out in the open and we the western world were complicit in it just as much as the regular Zimbabweans who saw it and did nothing.

That's not quite how it happened though.
Land invasions only began in the 2000s, and the country voted against the constitutional reform that would have made those invasions legal. Mugabe and ZANU-PF decided to ignore the results of the referendum (and why not? By that point, democracy was already largely dead and voting was done more for appearances than anything meaningful) and he gathered revolutionary war veterans, their children/grandchildren and ZANU-PF loyalists and activists to march on farms and forcibly remove their white owners.

Also remember that during the land invasions, the first and most numerous people to be killed where not white farm owners, but black farm workers. Farms were lain siege to and it was average black Zimbabweans on the front lines, fighting state loyalists in an attempt to defend their employers' farms and, by extension, their own livelihoods.

The UK didn't quite do nothing... but, yeah, I feel like they could have done a hell of a lot more than they did.

Last edited:
noone commenting on the zimbabwe bitcoin exchange?

it hit $13500 in us equivalent i guess.

theres only one exchange for that country from what i understand, it seems like the people who can afford internet are going all out on crypto

Man, they have to do something. Bitcoin, gold or some other income streams in US dollar or Euros. Whatever you can get your hands on. Zimbabwean currency is toilet paper.

That's not quite how it happened though.
Land invasions only began in the 2000s, and the country voted against the constitutional reform that would have made those invasions legal. Mugabe and ZANU-PF decided to ignore the results of the referendum (and why not? By that point, democracy was already largely dead and voting was done more for appearances than anything meaningful) and he gathered revolutionary war veterans, their children/grandchildren and ZANU-PF loyalists and activists to march on farms and forcibly remove their white owners.

Also remember that during the land invasions, the first and most numerous people to be killed where not white farm owners, but black farm workers. Farms were lain siege to and it was average black Zimbabweans on the front lines, fighting state loyalists in an attempt to defend their employers' farms and, by extension, their own livelihoods.

The UK didn't quite do nothing... but, yeah, I feel like they could have done a hell of a lot more than they did.

So the aim was too get rid of black farmers was it ?

I think he was saying the aim was seizing land, and didn't discriminate on skin color.

I have zero knowledge of Zimbabwe, but I took the explanation to be that the ruling group DID discriminate on skin colour, as they were taking land from white landowners, but were willing to kill black workers who attempted to defend said white owners or their property.

Did the state also take control of black owned farms?

I have zero knowledge of Zimbabwe, but I took the explanation to be that the ruling group DID discriminate on skin colour, as they were taking land from white landowners, but were willing to kill black workers who attempted to defend said white owners or their property.

Did the state also take control of black owned farms?

It is fair to point out that the seizure of these farms was more palatable to their public, because it was from whites.

I think it is also fair to say that the motive was seizing land, as proven by the black farm workers being killed.

So, no black farms were seized that I am aware of, but black farm workers being killed in the siezure, shows the real motivation was opportunistic corruption, not race wars.

It is fair to point out that the seizure of these farms was more palatable to their public, because it was from whites.

I think it is also fair to say that the motive was seizing land, as proven by the black farm workers being killed.

So, no black farms were seized that I am aware of, but black farm workers being killed in the siezure, shows the real motivation was opportunistic corruption, not race wars.
Remember kids it's only racism if whites do it

Remember kids it's only racism if whites do it

I don't think imperialism/colonialism was racism, it was predator opportunism though, which is what I would call this.

See this is the key difference between a economic and social progressive.

There are leftists that think imperialism/colonialism has something to do with race.

Then there are those of us who think imperialism/colonialism is predatory economics, and the only color that matters there is green.

I don't think imperialism/colonialism was racism, it was predator opportunism though, which is what I would call this.

See this is the key difference between a economic and social progressive.

There are leftists that think imperialism/colonialism has something to do with race.

Then there are those of us who think imperialism/colonialism is predatory economics, and the only color that matters there is green.
Fair enough I can't really disagree with that.

This.
Race was used to provide a veneer of justification, but these were acts of opportunism.
Mugabe also massacred the Ndebele in his effort to consolidate power.
Hell, he propped up and protected the white elite for a couple decades, because it was convenient having them around, as long as they didn't pursue political power.

In the hands of the state, race is little more than a source of scapegoats.

Ol' Bob has been out and about today, attending a university graduation.
Apparently Zuma recommended he refuse to step down, and now he's being belligerent about it. I think the military is still trying to keep things relatively calm.

2054418166054e9b9e82c310cb61d166.jpg

Doesn't look too happy. Which makes me happy.

https://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimba...public-event-since-military-takeover-20171117

i wonder if the British will be planning a invasion or military intervention

british next military invasion will be against europe, screaming allah akbar

How long before they're swinging cacti at each other?

Back