Zim Zam threatens to kill Jay Z, Snoop Dogg responds with bravado

Rejoicing over the death of a scumbag (in the eyes of @Fawlty and many others, mine too) does not exclude taking a principled stance against death penalties.

Not sure what the trouble you're having here is?
Seems to me to be an excellent argument in favor of the death penalty in certain situations. And you’re setting the bar pretty low by supporting it for an innocent man in the eyes of the law.

Seems to me to be an excellent argument in favor of the death penalty in certain situations. And you’re setting the bar pretty low by supporting it for an innocent man in the eyes of the law.
What's the argument?

I'm dealing with the second coming of Richard Feynman here.

How about we start this out slow and eventually just give up on you entirely for the rest of 2017. If an actual-guilty, death row-type inmate were to be killed, either by the state or by another inmate or something, I wouldn't be unhappy about it or think they suffered some great injustice. Depending on the crime, I might actually feel a small sense of justice having been served. However, I don't think that the track record of state executions is good enough. Whatever little emotional justice boost I get is offset by the fact that innocent people are put to death, and it's not an acceptable number of mistakes.

Are we good so far? Killing scumbags has the potential to make me feel good, yet I still don't think it's a good action by the state. Okay, now to the really tough part.

There's this thing called irony. Personal irony is a state of knowledge that occurs when a person realizes that an unexpected result has happened, which has some characteristics of opposition to the prior state of knowledge. It causes cognitive dissonance in a person ("hey, this thing doesn't go with that thing!"), often resulting in good feelings or even laughter. For example, if I slip by accidentally stepping on a shoe with a non-stick sole, that's a little ironic. Or, if a vigilante asshole is freed by the justice system but killed by another vigilante, that's ironic too. As a human, I can anticipate that possible future state of knowledge in myself and can predict with some confidence that I would find it humorous and satisfying.

Isn't it fucking wild that such states of emotion are indeed possible? That a person could be against the death penalty while still finding a little joy & justice in the snuffing out of a scumbag? It's almost...ironic.

Now go get your fuckin' shinebox.
Ah, so the death penalty also makes you happy in some situations. Got it. But that makes your original reply to me inaccurate. Your actual position is more nuanced.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...eatens-jay-z-prompts-snoop-dogg-response.html

"George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Trayvon Martin, is reportedly feuding with two rap stars after reportedly threatening Jay-Z over an upcoming documentary.

The Blast, a celebrity gossip site, reported that Zimmerman said he would feed Jay-Z to an “alligator” over a production team harassing his family in Florida. The site reported that Jay-Z is producing a documentary on the 2012 killing.

“I know how to handle people who f---k with me,” he reportedly told the site. “I have since February 2012.”

<6>
Zimmerman reportedly did not go into details about the alleged harassment, but the threat prompted Snoop Dogg to post on Instagram, “If one hair on Jays hair is touched that’s when the revolution will b (sic) televised.”
<GinJuice>
Zimmerman was cleared of all charges in the shooting of Martin, the unarmed black teenager whose killing unleashed furious debate across the U.S. over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice.

Zimmerman could have been convicted of second-degree murder or manslaughter. But the jury of six women, all but one of them white, reached a verdict of not guilty.

Prosecutors called Zimmerman a liar and portrayed him was a "wannabe cop" vigilante who had grown frustrated by break-ins in his neighborhood committed primarily by young black men. Zimmerman assumed Martin was up to no good and took the law into his own hands, prosecutors said.

The Blast’s report said that the documentary was going to be based off the Lisa Bloom book called, “Suspicious Nation.” The Weinstein Company was going to make the movie with Jay-Z, the report said.

The movie’s fate is unclear after the Weinstein sex scandal, the report said.

<6><6><6>

So what say you, Sherdog - Zim Zam Fan or should he be deported immediately and where to? I think he's psychotic and we're only just now getting over Tupac.

Cliffs: Snoop wants to white knight JZ. Wants nookie with man.

Snoop vs Zimmerman

Make it happen Dana.

That is one PFV I'd buy:)

Calling it now: J-Z takes the Zim-Zam down. Zimmerman panics when he remembers he was searched for firearms before entering the Cage, and verbally taps to strikes in Round 1.

I was actually just thinking that I’d legitimately like to box Snoop. Not because I dislike him or anything but I’m just kind of curious. I have to imagine he packs more of a punch than it looks like. Or maybe he’s just awkward as shit. I get the feeling he’s got something working in his favor there that ain’t talent, and I’m willing to find out first hand.

Of course the thing working in his favor might be a gun :confused:

Snoop is a bitch and can't fight. Got punked while he was in jail.

I don't know how Trayvon's father hasn't killed Zimmerman yet. I guess because of capital punishment in Florida. He'd serve easy time otherwise. And it would be worth it given how the scumbag runs his mouth and profits off of killing your son.
Because zimmerman may not be a badass but he packs heat.

You’re right, rejoicing over the murder of an innocent man (in the eyes of the law) is not nearly as reprehensible as the state sanctioned killing of a convicted, violent criminal. Not at all hypocritical, much less insane.
BvpT8MV.gif

I don't know how Trayvon's father hasn't killed Zimmerman yet. I guess because of capital punishment in Florida. He'd serve easy time otherwise. And it would be worth it given how the scumbag runs his mouth and profits off of killing your son.

He hasn't done anything yet because he's too busy making money off his sons death.

Im sure snoop will be at the forefront of the “revolution”. Shame Eazy is gone and this guy is still revalent

rofl I thought Zim Zam was another gangsta rapper.

Which one, Snoop or Zimmerman?
Snoop make millions saying stupid things, which I'm a little jealous of because I just give it away.
Zim zam seems oblivious to the fact that he's only attracting negative attention to himself.

Back