Zero Hedge financial blog against mass-immigration

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
ERRATUM : this thread is about Zero Hedge and not Seeking Alpha; I can't change the title.

I knew that they were generally pretty sceptical of everything as well extreme proponents of austrian economics, gold bugs and sometimes slightly tin-foiled-hat-ish, but I was surprised that these guys were also against open-borders in Europe.

After all, afaik most of the contributors are Wall Street types (futures traders, market makers, hedge fund analysts) so I was expecting them not to venture outside of politicaly correct boundaries.

And the comment section can be pretty hillarious ; here is one :

"Most species dissapear because they are unable to change their behavior fast enough to adapt to new environmental conditions. It's how natural selection works.

For humans, that translates into most populations dissapearing because they are unable to fight their own entrenched stupidity. I'm curious if the Germans will do the same... curious but not optimistic..."

Anyways, here is a concise article that pretty much sums Zero Hedge's position on the matter ; I suggest you guys read it :

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-26/suicide-germany

Last edited:
It says straight under the headline that the article comes from the Gatestone Institute. That's John Bolton's Think Tank.

Obviously this is not an original Seeking Alpha article but a blog, no? Or was this like a featured premium Blog?

Also you probably know this better than I do, but I don't know many business and finance guys in favor of open external EU borders.

I am such a fuckin retard it's Zero Hedge not Seeking Alpha obviously.

Will correct. Lol.

It says straight under the headline that the article comes from the Gatestone Institute. That's John Bolton's Think Tank.

Obviously this is not an original Seeking Alpha article but a blog, no? Or was this like a featured premium Blog?

Also you probably know this better than I do, but I don't know many business and finance guys in favor of open external EU borders.

Corrected my brainfart about Seeking Alpha; sorry about that.

Yeah that is correct, the article was submitted by the Gatestone Institute. So they are an american neocon possibly zionist thinktank. I still agree with much of what is written in the article.

Why do you assume that business/finance guys are not in favor of open-borders in the context of the EU ? I strongly disagree with your assessment.

These people, in public at least, are overwhelmingly in favor of the neo-liberal approach to borders : to have them open to a great extent because of free trade, population growth, bla blaa.

In private, it tends to be a different story, though, I'll give you that.

You should be able to change the thread title via the thread tools button!

Haha..had not even noticed it's zerohedge and not Seeking Alpha. My point was it's a guest / submitted entry.

You should be able to change the thread title via the thread tools button!

Haha..had not even noticed it's zerohedge and not Seeking Alpha. My point was it's a guest / submitted entry.

Oh ok , changed it.

Well these submitted articles usually fit the ideological leaning of the blog/media and it clearly fits Zero Hedge's.

You won't be seeing crying articles about Syrians on an inflatable boat or about the success story of Mohammed's integration in an assembly line in Untertürkheim....

Back