Zercher Shoot and Rack

I wonder if a good variation would be to set up sawhorses outside, use lighter weight, and shoot in, zercher --> jump --> throw/release. Drop the weight considerably to feel it out, like...95 pounds maybe? That way you have a real ability to carry through and to be as explosive as possible while going up and releasing.

I suppose an indoor version might include bumpers, if you have a home/really understanding fight gym.

*edit - maybe have different goal like throw for height and throw for distance? Man, I can see really taking some aggressions out on that exercise.

Hey Bacon, I'm good thanks mate.

Just training and studying at uni, I will be back in the cage late this year.

At the moment I am just enjoying lifting.

Hey Bacon, I'm good thanks mate.

Just training and studying at uni, I will be back in the cage late this year.

At the moment I am just enjoying lifting.

Brad - what did you think of my idea? Since I haven't done it (and probably won't) I thought you'd have the best idea of it's merits.

From memory I think one of the boys on here had a similar idea when this thread was created?

I like the idea Ascendant!

Hey Brad. I hope things are going well for you and your family.

I wonder if a good variation would be to set up sawhorses outside, use lighter weight, and shoot in, zercher --> jump --> throw/release. Drop the weight considerably to feel it out, like...95 pounds maybe? That way you have a real ability to carry through and to be as explosive as possible while going up and releasing.

This is exactly where I finally took Brad's lift to:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpl-Gy6zI_0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpl-Gy6zI_0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back