Zercher deadlifts >> YOU! (vid)

Zercher squats suck. I have to do singles to try and replicate the weight I used on the back squat.

They suck because you can't do as much weight as a back squat? That makes no sense. (Unless you're just kidding)

How do you feel about front squats?

They suck because you can't do as much weight as a back squat? That makes no sense. (Unless you're just kidding)

Unfortunately my best back squat was 150 for 2, my best zercher DL was 2@165

Go figure

Ive never seen anyone do these before but Im going to the gym at noon and Im gona show a bunch of old men on their lunch break how they do it in Englnd LOL

^ uuuuu no. Front squat should be up resting on your chest and shoulders. Zercher should be cradled in the crooks of your arms closer to your midsection. Unless you are saying "it is" better to start late than never.....then never mind :)

I'm saying that a Zercher squat is superior, and your pansy "shouldered" front squats hold no candle to them.

I'm saying that a Zercher squat is superior, and your pansy "shouldered" front squats hold no candle to them.

man you have issues. I clearly stated that I was doing zercher squats and thinking they were traditional front squats. Not quite sure why that makes me a pansey but whatever.

I know I'll sound like an idiot, and yes I've tried ZDL's (with about 95 kg).. its a weird lift.

But the question is - It does not feel like a "safe" lift if you know what I mean, I feel like I'm asking for a back injury.

Yeah you would think the wiehgt would be about the same, after all your just change the way you lift the weight, but my Zercher squat pales in comparison to my back squat.

I know I'll sound like an idiot, and yes I've tried ZDL's (with about 95 kg).. its a weird lift.

But the question is - It does not feel like a "safe" lift if you know what I mean, I feel like I'm asking for a back injury.

My jits coach, who's on my deadlift team, won't try 'em because of how they look. All I can say is start light and work your way up.

Yeah you would think the wiehgt would be about the same, after all your just change the way you lift the weight, but my Zercher squat pales in comparison to my back squat.

I think that's pretty normal.

But you said that zerchers suck because of that. I don't understand how being harder for you makes them suck.

Nor do I really care anymore.

I didn't think a cock in the armpit was that serious.
As far as the safety of the lift goes, I don't think I've read about anyone on the board messing themselves up with it yet, and at least 2 of us have done 405 with this lift.

finn have you ever had a cock in the armpit? if not would you like to??

"finn have you ever had a cock in the armpit? if not would you like to?? "

That sounds quite liberating.

A buddy and me tried the zercher, but we decided we werent ready for it yet lol

Back