Zercher deadlifts >> YOU! (vid)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsWIjx7p2GM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsWIjx7p2GM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joining the party really late.

Zercher Deadlifts were SO 2007

^ good stuff, better late than never. I actually thought the proper form for doing front squats was with the bar cradled zercher style. So I was doing zercher squats for about 6 months without even knowing it. haha, still do em.

^ uuuuu no. Front squat should be up resting on your chest and shoulders. Zercher should be cradled in the crooks of your arms closer to your midsection. Unless you are saying "it is" better to start late than never.....then never mind :)

how is a zercher DL different from a zercher squat only you start lower

Z squats you start at the top and go down until the bar hits your legs. Z deads you start (and i end) with the bar on the floor. Z deads can be used to set up bottom starting Z squats.

Z squats you start at the top and go down until the bar hits your legs. Z deads you start (and i end) with the bar on the floor. Z deads can be used to set up bottom starting Z squats.

While true, I tend to start with the bar racked on the safety struts and go down until the weight touches the ground, thus when I go down and come back up, that is a full rep (which is a helpful set up for negatives)

I love it whenever zercher deadlifts come back to the front page. Makes me feel strong. Until the next bench thread comes up, that is.

whooo this thread got me all psyched up and today i did some zercher squats. first time, and i wasn't entirely sure on the form, but they felt awesome. worked my way up to 5x225. i think i'll be cycling these in my routine regularly

While true, I tend to start with the bar racked on the safety struts and go down until the weight touches the ground, thus when I go down and come back up, that is a full rep (which is a helpful set up for negatives)

I may try that, thanks Ian. I can't get my elbows under the damn bar when it's on the floor.

If I can get my elbows under the bar on the ground, ain't no reason y'all shouldn't... Except that I'm like 5'9"... lol.

^^^
Jerk. I'm only 5'10 and even getting as deep as possible in a sumo stance I can only get to my upper forearm.

Lol. I go down between my legs (that doesn't sound good), rounding' my back pretty good, I'm sure. I hook one arm under, get the other one in, clasp my hands, and then try to straighten my back just before starting the lift...

For my body type though, I've always had pretty good flexibility (although I need to get back to workin' on it regularly again).

Hmmmm, so you kinda twist your body to get one under at a time? I may try that before I say fuck it and go from the pins :D

^^^
Jerk. I'm only 5'10 and even getting as deep as possible in a sumo stance I can only get to my upper forearm.

Same

I'm 5 11 and unless I have the weight helping me stretch down i can't get down to the position that is needed. Same with squats, I need the weight to help me get down

If I warm up and do a high starts it does losen me up so that on the following reps, should I wish to, I could start at the low position

Zercher squats suck. I have to do singles to try and replicate the weight I used on the back squat.

Back