Zelda fan? Want to collect every title in the series? All you need is two systems!

I am going to kind of agree with koji here...

DD3 was not hard at all. It was actually really easy. I beat the game on the 2nd day I got it and I was kinda pissed. Felt it was waaaaayyy to short.

TMNT is a hard game IMO. Levels were tough and there were no instructions.. lots of exploration. but not impossible. it was hard for me though.

Punch Out was fun. Hard? yes. but do-able.

The question is.. did you use Nintendo Power to help you beat these games? I think most probably yes. If you played these games without help you'd find the TMNT and punch out to be pretty hard imo. I beat DD3 without any help whatsoever.

I am going to kind of agree with koji here...

DD3 was not hard at all. It was actually really easy. I beat the game on the 2nd day I got it and I was kinda pissed. Felt it was waaaaayyy to short.

TMNT is a hard game IMO. Levels were tough and there were no instructions.. lots of exploration. but not impossible. it was hard for me though.

Punch Out was fun. Hard? yes. but do-able.

The question is.. did you use Nintendo Power to help you beat these games? I think most probably yes. If you played these games without help you'd find the TMNT and punch out to be pretty hard imo. I beat DD3 without any help whatsoever.

I beat all 3 without Nintendo power. Quite honestly, I rarely found Nintendo power helped unless it was an RPG and even then, only to find hidden items I missed during a playthrough. But I was late getting Nintendo power. Towards when they were giving away dragon warrior if you bought a subscription, so I missed a lot of the early issues. My first issue of NP was Mega man 3.

The turtles game had a bit of exploration, but was really quite linear. It was the clunky controls more than anything that made it hard. But I learned quickly to stock up on scroll weapons and switch turtles when Donatello was down to almost dead until you found a pizza and the game became a breeze.

Punch out I can't see how Nintendo power would help at all. It was plain old pattern recognition and reaction.

I just feel those games do not even remotely deserve their status as supposed "top 10 hardest". They get votes because a lot of people played them due to their popularity and did not play other games waaaaaay harder.

Just going by games I found somewhat fun, Games like Hudson's adventure Island(Towards stages 5+), Ghosts and Goblins, Ninja Gaiden 3(3 is WAAAAAY harder than 1 or 2, despite losing to 1 in difficulty ranking due to limited continues), 1943, Gauntlet, Castlevania 1 and 3(That run to Dracula is awful in 3), Super Mario Brothers: The lost levels, Indiana Jones:Temple of doom, Legend of Zelda(Second quest), Zelda 2:Adventures of Link, Blaster Master, Street fighter 2010, etc etc

If I listed games that were just "Meh" because I did not enjoy them, but were tougher, you get into Ikari Warriors, X-Men, Dragon's lair, The Last starfighter, a shitload of games that I cannot remember the names of from the 52 in 1, Star Voyager, Castlequest, Conan, and on and on if I actually tried looking games up to remember names.

I didn't think Nintendo Power would be necessary for any beat-em-up. Double Dragon 2 in the arcade was harder than any of the ones for NES.

If I listed games that were just "Meh" because I did not enjoy them, but were tougher, you get into Ikari Warriors, X-Men, Dragon's lair, The Last starfighter, a shitload of games that I cannot remember the names of from the 52 in 1, Star Voyager, Castlequest, Conan, and on and on if I actually tried looking games up to remember names.

Yeah, a lot of those games had crap controls and gameplay. Didn't Conan have some stupid shit where you pressed down to jump?

I didn't think Nintendo Power would be necessary for any beat-em-up. Double Dragon 2 in the arcade was harder than any of the ones for NES.

Yeah, a lot of those games had crap controls and gameplay. Didn't Conan have some stupid shit where you pressed down to jump?

God yes. It was incredibly annoying and completely against instinct. To make matters worse, crouching required pressing down+B. But the game also had confounding puzzles.

Some of the second category games I listed that I did not like fall into "Nintendo Hard" category for that reason(Controls). Sega Master system was the same way.

So i'm almost done with the first Legend of Zelda on my way through playing/replaying every game in the series.

This was the first time I played through the original through more than one dungeon. I just found level 9 which looks like it'll be challenging. The rest of the game wasn't really as bad as some people make it out to be. I did have to look up where to find a couple of the extra heart containers but found most of the important collectibles through exploration. Somehow level 6 was the only dungeon that gave me a ridiculous amount of deaths, 7 and 8 were nothing compared to 6. Looking forward to beating this game this week hopefully and starting Adventure of Link, which I have never played before.

Trying to get my hands on the classic 64 controller for the switch...to play on switch virtual 64 catalog, hard to come by.

Back