Zambidis Training and Typical Muay Thai Training

drumerdud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ey sup guys,,,i was just wondering if u know how zamibidis trains? i mean..he has amazing hands!!!! does he specificallly train for that? or does he just have good hands? if u guys have any..please post a typical muay thai training session..and if u have....zambidis's training session. (mixed reasons why im asking..so yea...)

sorry im lazy to fix the spelllings

aryt. Looking at his videos, it seems like he fights a bit like tyson...counter the jabs or kicks..going in..and going for the body. Can u guys give me more input on how he fights, coz i noticed im a lot like him..except ofcourse hes 1000000 times better..but yea..im a boxer,,,turned kickboxer. Started training kb 2 months ago..and i figure, since i have good hands, why not, use it to my advantage in Kb. So yea, can u guys give me some inputs on how he fights.

And another question is...whats a typical training routine for kickboxing? Mine goes for:
10 min skipping rope
2x5 bag with kicks only
2x5 pads
2x5 uppercut bag(practice knees and punches)
2x5 sparring

and honestly, i dont get as tired when compared to my boxing session. Is my routine normal? or has it been too light?

it seems to jump into too much bag and pad work without much of a warmup. there isnt much wrong with it but thats how I feel about it from a strictly personal preference. I usually need a longer warm up but here is mines

5 minutes skipping rope
3-5 rounds (3min) shadow boxing with partner (very light to little contact but 50-80% speed)
full body stretch
2-3 rounds (3 min) of technique review and drill with partner
2 rounds (3 min) punch mitts boxing only
2 rounds (3 min) thai pads
1 round (15 min) of neck wrestling
1 round (3 min) jump rope to cool down
push ups and sit ups
stretch and done

If you notice I leave out sparring cause when I usually spar, thats on a day where I only do sparring with some technique work after and not into a full workout. I find I dont need to spar much to keep my timing sharp since many of the stuff I do in regular training involves live input from you and your partner. My favorite is when I can shadow box with my partner to warm up and we kick and punch with speed but hold our power back. we just punch at lower power but we dont pull our shots back. We dont wear gloves and just wrap hands for this to let our speed fly. however, you will need a good training partner you trust for this as it can get out of hand

AVT gave good advice. What he does is very similar to what I do with only a few minor things changed just due to time restrictions.

aryt tnx dude. haha yea...sorry about that, we DO similar stretching before hand. How many kicks should i be doing per day though? i mean on the bag.

Back