***Zak Cummings, SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Welterweight, Zak Cummings! He will answer your questions LIVE on FRIDAY at 4:00 PM EST, the 21st of April. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Zak Cummings was on season 17 of The Ultimate Fighter, fighting in the Middleweight division apart of Team Sonnen. Zak joins us fresh off his victory at UFC on Fox 24 in his hometown of Kansas City last Saturday, as he guillotined Nathan Coy in the first round.

9688751.jpg

Zak holds a 21-5 MMA record & is currently riding a 2 fight win streak. Zak is apart of Glory MMA which is one of the better MMA gyms under the radar. Glory also plays home to the likes of James Krause, Tim Elliott & Invicta Featherweight champion, Megan Anderson. 16 of Zak's 21 wins have come by way of finish(11 subs, 5 KOs/TKOs). Some of his notable wins include the likes of Nicolas Dalby, Alexander Yakovlev, Dominque Steele, Nathan Coy, Yan Cabral, Ben Alloway, Rudy Bears(x2) & Terry Martin.

zak-cummings-battles-nathan-coy-during-thier-welterweight-bout-on-ufc-picture-id668904040

Follow him here:

Twitter: @ZakCummings
Instagram: zakcummings
Facebook: Zak Cummings MMA

Thanks for joining us, Zak!

I recall in a recent interview that Megan Anderson did after your fight win Ponzinibio that she said you have the hardest head :D

Who would you say has hit you the hardest in your career?

Whats up @Zak Cummings !!! What is your favorite cheat food when not trying to make weight? Thanks!!!

Sorry everyone...I left the lock on... :oops:
That you did.

-

My question is

On TUF you were part of team sonnen, but if you had a choice, would you have rather been on Jon Jones team?

Hello Zak. I see you have 11 wins via submission.

Have you considered doing some bjj/nogi tournaments (one of the big ones)?

Thanks for joining us, Zak!

I recall in a recent interview that Megan Anderson did after your fight win Ponzinibio that she said you have the hardest head :D

Who would you say has hit you the hardest in your career?
I would have to say either Ryan Jimmo "RIP" or Tim Kennedy. Both landed some hard shots but I kept on moving. HAHA

Hey Zak! Big fan. Any updates on who you will fight next? Do you want anyone in particular? Thanks man and good luck with everything.

That you did.

-

My question is

On TUF you were part of team sonnen, but if you had a choice, would you have rather been on Jon Jones team?
Going in I kept a pretty open mind between both coaches. After going through it, there is no way I would have ever picked Jones' Team. Chael and his coaches was there 100% for us.

Hello Zak. I see you have 11 wins via submission.

Have you considered doing some bjj/nogi tournaments (one of the big ones)?
I did a Abu Dhabi National Pro about a year and half ago. If I don't have a fight scheduled, I might try the IBJJF Wolrds. We will see, but yes I've thought about it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and congratulations on your win last weekend sir @Zak Cummings

Prior to going into the ultimate fighter you had already competed against some tough veterans such as Tim Kennedy and Terry Martin and Ryan Jimmo to name a few and you had a solid record, can you take us through what the process was like of getting onto the show?

What is your best training-related memory? Maybe a month drilling BJJ with a known black belt in Brasil or a Muay Thai course in the heart of Thailand? Is there something that stands out in your past training?

Hey Zak! Big fan. Any updates on who you will fight next? Do you want anyone in particular? Thanks man and good luck with everything.
1st off, Thank you very much for the support. Not sure who I will get next. Maybe is Ellenberger wins this weekend I could get him. We will see, I've always said stylistically Robbie Lawler and I would have an absolute war!!!

1st off, Thank you very much for the support. Not sure who I will get next. Maybe is Ellenberger wins this weekend I could get him. We will see, I've always said stylistically Robbie Lawler and I would have an absolute war!!!

I agree. That fight would be insane. What if Mike Perry wins? That could also be a fun fight!

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and congratulations on your win last weekend sir @Zak Cummings

Prior to going into the ultimate fighter you had already competed against some tough veterans such as Tim Kennedy and Terry Martin and Ryan Jimmo to name a few and you had a solid record, can you take us through what the process was like of getting onto the show?
The TUF Show is a completely different beast. The best fighter rarely wins. I tried out many times for the show but they never ended up doing my weight class. Finally everything lined up, just happened to be the season full of killers. It was the 1st time in my career that all I had to do was train, no job, no school, just train.

How can you best describe what the feeling was like when you got that victory on Saturday?

What is your best training-related memory? Maybe a month drilling BJJ with a known black belt in Brasil or a Muay Thai course in the heart of Thailand? Is there something that stands out in your past training?

The Ultimate Fighter Show really. 1st time in my career training with other high level guys. Chael, Okami, Vinny Magalhaes. Crazy experience

Hi Zak, congrats on the latest win.

If you could fight on a card in any country, which country/place would you choose ?
And whats the best place you traveled to for a fight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back