Zak and Clint should have gotten the wild card

Nobody deserved it except Clint. The other 3 guys that lost were lost! I mean they had no idea what they were doing or what MMA was all about. I hate to armchair quarterback but the UFC is the big leagues and they were just chillin'.

Clint was kind of lost on the ground as well. Plus he was finished.

Both need a lot of work but Clint has potential Zak has a ways to go. He looked completely out of sync except for when he had top control .

Zak won the stand up exchanges. Both Clint and zak were poor on the ground. Clint showed very poor submission defense, but inflicted some damage while defending take downs. Both Clint and Zak won or almost won the first round and looked very bad in the second. Both showed way more than either Kevin or Bubba.

I think Chael was forced to pick King. Realistically, Zak can't fight two weeks in a row. He was the only option. But Chael is good at hyping up guys... it's not like he is going to come out and say that the only person he is able to pick is King.

the four guys up for the wildcard did not impress me. save for Clint.

Bubba looked like garbage and seems like the type to have an excuse lined up for every loss,
Kevin was a ground wizard but looked bad off his back against Colin,
Zak had no bottom game either, Clint looked good as well but panicked when he finally got taken to the ground.

In a perfect world Dana would have picked Clint vs. Bubba

can someone explain why Tor wasn't eligible for the wildcard? I normally don't watch TUF but decided to tune in this season and Chael was pretty definite that if Tor went down he'd get the wildcard. I was hoping to see Tor get a second chance.

Honestly I thought they should give it to Clint without him fighting for it.
Casey would be the only one who might get a chance to fight Clint for the spot.
Zac looked good to start but faded to nothingness after the take-down.
Bubba did nothing, doesn't deserve a second chance.

can someone explain why Tor wasn't eligible for the wildcard? I normally don't watch TUF but decided to tune in this season and Chael was pretty definite that if Tor went down he'd get the wildcard. I was hoping to see Tor get a second chance.

I'm assuming him and Cella were were ineligible because they wouldn't be medically cleared from being brutally KOd.

Does it really matter? They'll all still get at least one more chance in the UFC.

Zak's fight was just off..both guys were not able to do anything...Zak looked good standing and then nothing off Andrews who wanted to make it a great fight and likes to stand...

Clint also seems to have natural potential....Even is lost he looked more relaxed and able to stand a few times better then a lot of other guys when on his back...Give him a guy who will stand with him it would probably be fun to watch..

Missed the Bubba fight,, but the reaction around here was he looked horrible....

Zak was very, very disappointing off his back. Dude's an American wrestler and he was useless off his back. I expected more, especially after a good start. Andrews won't get far, IMO (unless that poster was right....)

Bubba was always gonna be the w/c, Jones couldnt overlook a team-mate.

I think Clint vs Casey shouldve been it. Definitely not Bubba who came in a huge favorite and got dominated the entire fight.

Casey prolly had one of the worst fights on Chael's team he wanted to lose that fight. He didn't pummel for underhooks, didn't use his hands more when that was where he was most successful, and was so easily reversed on cage. Idk why Chael was so high on him...

I don't think either Casey nor Zak were overly impressive.

I do agree that giving Bubba the nod over Clint Hester is a bit suspect. While I was disappointed that Hester essentially quit in his fight and gave up the choke, his power and ground game was far superior to Bubba's.

My only hope is that Casey's hospitalization is a bit of a ways off, and he can put Bubba away in the Wild Card like everybody wants him to.

Back