Zabit Magomedsharipov hype is laughable

Zabit looks like he's cartoonishly big for the weight class. Since his cardio doesn't seem to suffer, and he's making weight, this is a huge advantage.

God only knows how Conor was making featherweight and he certainly looked like death itself on the scale, but when the lights hit he seemed ready to go. We know what a crazy advantage that can be.

Then consider he's clearly very well rounded, trains with a great camp and is young, we should think he has a lot of potential.

Zabit looks like he's cartoonishly big for the weight class. Since his cardio doesn't seem to suffer, and he's making weight, this is a huge advantage.

God only knows how Conor was making featherweight and he certainly looked like death itself on the scale, but when the lights hit he seemed ready to go. We know what a crazy advantage that can be.

Then consider he's clearly very well rounded, trains with a great camp and is young, we should think he has a lot of potential.

Conor would be a small 145er compared to the guys like Michael Johnson, today's Max Holloway, Brian Ortega, Andre Fili, etc. Crazy..

I feel like this was way worse than the Conor hype, who was justified given his accomplishments in a short period of time (dominated almost every fight he was in except duffy). Zabit is a great fighter, but I don't know why he is given such high favoritism and all. His best win was Kyle Bochniak, everyone else he fought doesn't even have a wiki page and most have losing records.

I know this is a bad fallacy that a lot of people fall into, obviously newcomers will not have big name and I am not using that to discredit him, but I am saying it is odd how much hype there is over him. It's not like Lando Vannata, who almost dominated the #3 ranked guy (tony ferg) on short notice, obviously that ship has sailed though.

Sorry to sound negative, I know we have enough of that in this world.
Zabit can wrestle, end of thread.

"He hasn't beat anyone"

He hasn't fought anyone yet.

He's an exciting fighter with a lot of talent and potential.

I don't understand this obsession with trying to shut down "hype" trains.
people were saying this about Jon Jones too and I bought into the doubt. Bet 500 on Shogun fml

I feel like this was way worse than the Conor hype, who was justified given his accomplishments in a short period of time (dominated almost every fight he was in except duffy). Zabit is a great fighter, but I don't know why he is given such high favoritism and all. His best win was Kyle Bochniak, everyone else he fought doesn't even have a wiki page and most have losing records.

I know this is a bad fallacy that a lot of people fall into, obviously newcomers will not have big name and I am not using that to discredit him, but I am saying it is odd how much hype there is over him. It's not like Lando Vannata, who almost dominated the #3 ranked guy (tony ferg) on short notice, obviously that ship has sailed though.

Sorry to sound negative, I know we have enough of that in this world.

Nice profile pic bro.

Infidel!
giphy.gif

Have you seen him fight... His style the guys a damn jedi master

people were saying this about Jon Jones too and I bought into the doubt. Bet 500 on Shogun fml

Don't overlook technique when analyzing prospects.

I love Shogun but deep down I knew Jones would wreck him.

...everyone else he fought doesn't even have a wiki page and most have losing records.
"Most"? 3/16 of his opponents have losing records.

The Wikipedia page argument is ridiculous when used against fighters signed off the Russian regional scene.

this dude has too much hype too fast. people shit on james Vick for being 6'3 at 155 calling him a coward when this guy is 6'1 at 145, like he is ducking a division

The only thing worse than the hypesters is the anti-hypesters. Why does it bother you if someone out there who you don't know is somewhat over-rating Zabit?

Unrealistic betting odds and people will discredit other accomplished fighters in the process of hyping another (such as yair)

I think his fight with TBD will answer a lot of questions about Zabeast.

Zabit is my kung fu boi.

Too bad Conor cant fight on FW anymore (thanks USADA).

@NotoriousMillions bro bro i think your boy is lucky, that he cant fight on FW anymore ... right? I think my kung fu boi would have embarrassed Conor.

Conor would be a small 145er compared to the guys like Michael Johnson, today's Max Holloway, Brian Ortega, Andre Fili, etc. Crazy..

Conor is way bigger than Fili and Johnson, you must be joking. You can pick locks with Fili and Johnson's limbs.

Ortega is extremely large for the division, they are probably similarly sized.

His ooponents dont have a wiki LoL

Probably cause he faught crazy bastards overseas.

Theres a reason FWs arent volunteering to fight him. Kyle was just tough enough to accept the fight and fought well.

He has a very solid ground game, most flashy strikers dont have that. He needs tougher opponents to show us where hes at.

His best win was Kyle Bochniak, everyone else he fought doesn't even have a wiki page and most have losing records.
That's a misconception. He was the ACB featherweight champion and in terms of talent pool it was probably the 3rd best promotion in the world (at least at the time). The majority of guys that he fought had winning records and I would personally rate guys like Temirov, Arapkhanov,Kokov higher than Bochniak. At the very least they are not worse than him. Not sure who these guys are: Zamanov,Arbobov, Vadines Silva, Nazaryan,Yunusov,Sokolov,Mike Santiago but they all have winning records (3-1, 13-2, 15-8, 16-9, 6-2,4-2, 22-10 with 10 fight win streak before he fought Zabit). And Zabit also finished Shaymon Moraes from WSOF who is also decent mid-level fighter. So the idea that victory over Kyle Bochniak somehow stands out is not true, it only shows that it was the only fight of his that you watched and you don't know anything else about the guy.

Zabit's hype has nothing to do with his resume because the vast majority of people hadn't followed his career prior to the moment when he signed with the UFC. And he hasn't beaten any top guys yet. His hype is based entirely on his flashy style which includes keeping hands low, using showtime kicks, lots of spinning stuff, unorthodox takedowns etc. He's an exciting fighter, there are not too many athletes at 145 who look and fight like that.

Back