Yushin Okami vs Alexey Kunchenko Set for UFC Adelaide

Why is Okami even in the UFC? That Russian has shit TDD but Okami isn’t durable anymore. Could see him getting KTFO.

Because he was the one going forward 90% of the fight?
I think it was close but fair. Kunchenko is kinda conservative fighter but really good at staying out of danger
When you say forward, it was like tippy toe forward with his guard right up.
Thiago landed loads of good leg kicks and Kunchenko was throwing more strikes and landing not many.
The reason I conceded Kunchenko should've got the nod is because Thiago would lapse in concentration 2 or 3 times and would go for a front kick. Kunchenko kept doing this slick counter of grabbing it and pushing Thiago over in a sort of Judo/Sambo style. Also, in the 3rd round Kunchenko landed more significant jabs and hooks on Thiago.
I think I'd have still scored it 29/28 though to Kunchenko, whereas originally I had it 29-28 Alves for his better activity.

Came as a replacement 2 divs about his current one, to save the main event.
Got the second fight and won it
Couldn’t even finish Dhiego Lima lol typical Okami. Hope he gets knocked out and cut, we don’t need any old lay n pray fighters stinking up a card.

Why is Okami even in the UFC?

Why not? He can still beat most people in the roster. If you think otherwise, is still a great name to have in your record for any up and comer. Also, is still one of the most competent Japanese fighters. The most competent in heavier weight classes.

That Russian has shit TDD

Based on what?

When you say forward, it was like tippy toe forward with his guard right up.
Thiago landed loads of good leg kicks and Kunchenko was throwing more strikes and landing not many.
The reason I conceded Kunchenko should've got the nod is because Thiago would lapse in concentration 2 or 3 times and would go for a front kick. Kunchenko kept doing this slick counter of grabbing it and pushing Thiago over in a sort of Judo/Sambo style. Also, in the 3rd round Kunchenko landed more significant jabs and hooks on Thiago.
I think I'd have still scored it 29/28 though to Kunchenko, whereas originally I had it 29-28 Alves for his better activity.

I think Kunchenko won that fight, even it was close. Inflicted more damage and barely got hurt.
I dont get how Kunchenko fending a couple of front kicks is a reason to winning a fight that you thought he lost lol

Why not? He can still beat most people in the roster. If you think otherwise, is still a great name to have in your record for any up and comer. Also, is still one of the most competent Japanese fighters. The most competent in heavier weight classes.
And a good name for events in that part of the world.

Hope Okami wins his battle with hair loss, too.

I think Kunchenko won that fight, even it was close. Inflicted more damage and barely got hurt.
I dont get how Kunchenko fending a couple of front kicks is a reason to winning a fight that you thought he lost lol
I think my reasoning is better than yours.
Going forward is not a winning formula. Otherwise the Diaz bros would have more wins. Thiago Alves is a more measured fighter making space for good striking. I certainly wouldn't score someone plodding forward with their guard up.
He did drop Thiago with those good sweeping counters. That is barely how Kunchenko gets the nod for me.
In fact, I'm still being more fair than I should be. Thiago Alves was more active in that fight and landed more. Whenever Kunchenko landed a punch, Thiago landed one straight back.

And, now you're starting to piss me off. Please stop replying to me if you know what's good for you. I can see your AV says Pancrase. You're probably bias yourself. Either you are Russian or you prefer Russians or whatever.
I'm reading between the lines here, so stop boring me.

"Inflicted more damage and barely got hurt."
That right there is bullshit reasoning on your behalf.

Actually, save the annoyance and anger this twatface will cause me. Just put his stupid ass on ignore.
God, I've never gotten along with Russians.

Dam son. Yushin like the terminator coming back for more.
Glad to see he finally woke up from that Von Preux choke.

Kunchenko and his home cooking decision over Alves wasn't exactly the greatest debut. Hope he looks better (in defeat, natch) against Okami here.

Garbage card in a garbage town , thanks for giving me no reason to attend.

Still don’t know how Okami manages to cut down to WW but War Yushin!!!! Hope he wins.

Actually, save the annoyance and anger this twatface will cause me. Just put his stupid ass on ignore.
God, I've never gotten along with Russians.

wow how can anyone get pissed by my completely harmless post lol. Anger? lol wtf calm down mate
English is not my first language by the way, sorry for that
How does my Pancrase AV has nothing to do with bias towards Kunchenko? Im not Russian neither, nor Jap, nor American nor...who cares where I am from?

I just thought that they were pretty even in the striking exchanges. I actually though Kunchesko's strikes were better placed, and did more damage. When the striking exchanges are even, ususally the one walking forward instead of backpeddaling gets the nod. Nothing strange here. In top of that, in an even contest, the one finishing stronger usually gets the nod too.

War Yushin "Thunder" Okami!!!!

Back