Yuriy Vaulin,Yefim Zeltser anyone know them? good coaches?

Kimuralex

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Well, I love mma and right now i do bjj which I love...but I would also like some standup to supplement my bjj a little later on when i have more free time and more money to spend for training. while browsing around, there is a sambo/judo/boxing school around me with Yuriy Vaulin as the boxing coach.
http://sambocenter.reachlocal.net/services_box.htm
his credentials look great, when i looked him up i didnt find too much.
and also, for kickboxing their coach is Yefim Zeltser...says hes a blackbelt in kickboxing(is there even belts in kickboxing?)
http://sambocenter.reachlocal.net/services_kick.htm
again, this is not now and i am not going to start training now but i found an awesome bjj school and it took me some time so i am going to start looking for a striking gym now as well and would like to know about both of these guys. thanks again

Well I don't know anything about the guys, but as for belts in kickboxing some places do give them out but I don't know how much they mean.

not in muy thai right? i take it he did some russian or american kickboxing maybe..

Kimuralex said:
not in muy thai right? i take it he did some russian or american kickboxing maybe..
Western Kickboxing influenced Muay Thai when it went international. Some MT schools give out belts, others armbands. It depends what organisation they are affiliated with. The belt system was introduced since Karate was already around and the belt system was accepted in Western cultures already.

Chute Boxe have a belt system while Golden Glory do not, however most Thai camps insist on the traditional mongkong and pa-pra-jiat.

My coach is a 2nd degree KK Karate black belt, 5th degree BB under the same dojo that taught Mike Bernardo with every certificate signed off on by the South African President who has trained and faught in Thailand, Holland, the UK and South Africa. He institutes a belt system up to black belt (3-1/2 to four years solid training and development) at which point he introduces mongkongs and pa-pra-jiats after he feels his students not only understand the art of MT but some of the history and cultural signficance of it.

I personally find this method acceptable as it caters to the belt seeking types until such time as they realise it is not about what you know, but how you apply it and when in terms of technical fighting. To move from a belt to a pa-pra-jiat you have to write an essay on Thailand, it's history and Muay Thai's cultural significance as well as as answer quick fire questions later on cornering people, basic first aid, counter attacks, which techniques score highly and which are neglible and a few other topics. In this way it is effective as you must educate yourself on the culture as a whole, not just what you learn and train in the gym.

Superbeast said:
Western Kickboxing influenced Muay Thai when it went international. Some MT schools give out belts, others armbands. It depends what organisation they are affiliated with. The belt system was introduced since Karate was already around and the belt system was accepted in Western cultures already.

Chute Boxe have a belt system while Golden Glory do not, however most Thai camps insist on the traditional mongkong and pa-pra-jiat.

My coach is a 2nd degree KK Karate black belt, 5th degree BB under the same dojo that taught Mike Bernardo with every certificate signed off on by the South African President who has trained and faught in Thailand, Holland, the UK and South Africa. He institutes a belt system up to black belt (3-1/2 to four years solid training and development) at which point he introduces mongkongs and pa-pra-jiats after he feels his students not only understand the art of MT but some of the history and cultural signficance of it.

I personally find this method acceptable as it caters to the belt seeking types until such time as they realise it is not about what you know, but how you apply it and when in terms of technical fighting. To move from a belt to a pa-pra-jiat you have to write an essay on Thailand, it's history and Muay Thai's cultural significance as well as as answer quick fire questions later on cornering people, basic first aid, counter attacks, which techniques score highly and which are neglible and a few other topics. In this way it is effective as you must educate yourself on the culture as a whole, not just what you learn and train in the gym.
wow thanks, i learn new stuff everyday, hows the chute boxe belt system look like anyway? I also seen like level 1 instructor or level 2 or something so i figured "levels" were like belts in mt...so does anyone know if these guys are legit?

Back