Yulin dog meat festival in China

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I just asked because whether you meant to or not, your post made it seem as if China was exceptionally cruel to animals when we treat chickens the same and I bet even pigs are treated similar (btw they're just as intelligent as dogs and clean animals)
Based on my experience (grew up in the US, lived in China for about 7 years), the average Chinese person is much crueler to animals than the average US citizen.

Most of China is not 1st world, probably hong kong and maybe Macau. China has over a billion people, and actually smaller than USA, in terms of land space, and has less opportunities and still way poorer in gdp and quality of life overall than America. That plays a huge role to the life for humans and animals there. This is an old case of pot calling the kettle black. I don't like these scenarios because it usually doesn't go anywhere. Americans mostly won't admit to Western imperialism much less selective racism in America. I will admit and acknowledge to what Asians need to work on, but most Americans won't admit to anything especially when it comes to Asians. Who criticizes the West here? the West criticizes everyone and everything, after all they are the leaders of the free World. The land of opportunities and all that crap. America should be set on a higher standard because of that,They are suppose to be better than everyone, yet they still have tons of issues they will never admit to.
Second you're comparing a 1st World Country to a 2nd World. That's not a fair assessment at all. I'm not denying anything from the Chinese. When I point out what's wrong with America, most Americans dont want to hear it, or flat out deny it. I'm pointing out everyone has their issues no matter how rich or poor the Country is. There's a huge difference here. The Chinese can't compete with Americans, when in fact they are below Americans in pretty much all aspects of life there. America should get shamed for selective racism, the privilege system, and huge corruption in politics, education, military, food and drug association and the media especially for being the leaders of the free World. But do they? Nope, it's non existent.Do you see where I'm going with this? You were saying the Chinese are less than Human, do you want me to agree with you on that? cuz it sounds pretty racist to me. Americans will never admit to their lack of compassion for certain groups in America. First you were trying to deny your statement, and now you're trying to divert the attention on " the defenders" of these nations for denying the truth? these are symptoms of a person living in denial. I just gave you a rational reason as to why China can't or shouldn't be compared to America. I'm not the one giving the runaround, you are.

Do you live under a rock? There is constant criticism of the US, both internal and from non-Americans. China has a filthy, compassionless culture. To acknowledge this doesn't mean saying mean America is perfect or that Chinese people are "sub human". It's their culture that's rotten, not their genes.

Complete wimps that are speaking out against this. Way worse than this goes on just to get your cheese burger or chicken drumsticks. Yet you'll cry about the unfair treatment of animals when it suits you.

Messed up shit. Eating dog can't even be that satisfying.

I'm trying to eat more game meat. Treatment of factory animals is quite sickening.

Do you live under a rock? There is constant criticism of the US, both internal and from non-Americans. China has a filthy, compassionless culture. To acknowledge this doesn't mean saying mean America is perfect or that Chinese people are "sub human". It's their culture that's rotten, not their genes.
America has a filthy compassion-less culture, it's their culture that's rotten not their genes. lol, another pot meet kettle conversation. This is pointless.

America has a filthy compassion-less culture, it's their culture that's rotten not their genes. lol, another pot meet kettle conversation. This is pointless.

By what human or animal rights standard is America as bad as China?

Complete wimps that are speaking out against this. Way worse than this goes on just to get your cheese burger or chicken drumsticks. Yet you'll cry about the unfair treatment of animals when it suits you.

How can it possibly be any worse?

By what human or animal rights standard is America as bad as China?
lol, you guys are something else. never mind America's history of corruption, and coverups of abuse against animals and humans alike. In my last post you quoted, I told you guys why China shouldn't be compared to America. Now why are you still comparing China to America? All the questions I asked on here about America no one answered it, or even acknowledged it. I gave quite a few reasons as to why China is the way it is. None of you mindless drones want to question your Almighty Galactic American Empire. Your undying allegiance to your Country is commendable, if not outright insane.

Go China!

We aren't much better. First maybe we should stop our cruel practices of how we process and treat animals.

With that said eating dogs and cats is not wrong. I don't have issue with it if they animals were treated good and lived a relatively happy life prior to slaughter. It is the height of 'illiberal' to judge the largely non-white and non-western world for eating things that disgust us but are food to them.

Terrible thing, but first you have to clean up your own backyard before calling other cultures inhuman, like Duterte said: glass houses motherfucker.

Murica is still the largest polluter per capita, highest carbon emissions per person in the world, which means on average the modern day American is the worst polluter in history.

Its not hard to figure out why when you see 16 year old girls driving SUVs and people keeping the water on all day for a greener lawn and replacing your phone/TV every year. The amount of garbage produced by your average Murican/Canadian family in one year could fill a landfill.

The average American probably eats more meat than a small family of Chinese people in rural China, constantly stuffing your faces with meat and food for entertainment and shitting it out, just a big fat repository for food: eat and shitting, eating and shitting. Never using the energy efficiently.

If you took all the grains used to feed cows in western farms, you could pretty much feed the world and solve world hunger. The average westerner/american is much more of a burden for the environment than your average Chinese person, with a higher carbon footprint and it takes 5x the resources and food to maintain your average westerner than a Chinese.

Dogs are cute, intelligent & can help humans out.

Yesterday I saw a blind/visually-impaired gentleman with a lovely Labrador helping him about. I'd like to see a Chicken do that.

My Uncle used to be a Police Officer, he was a dog handler. Alsatians (German Shepherds). They play a role in the apprehension of criminals.

Sniffer dogs, Sheep dogs (help out on the farm) and so on, so forth.

I understand what you mean, killing an animal is killing an animal. But Dogs have quite a special relationship with Humans and I say this as a person who prefers Cats. Cats can't do what Dogs can.
You can train a chicken to do the same thing. You can domesticate just about any animals. Mongolians use Eagles to hunt. The Mongols would free the Eagles after awhile but the Eagle will still fly back and visit even 10 years later.

The problem is that our ancestors chose to domesticate dogs because they're more useful. That's it. Chickens on the other hand is pretty useless. I doubt our ancestors chose the dogs because they're fluffy and cute. We chose the best animal that can help us survive. Thus Eagles, wolves, dogs etc.

Lamb-2.jpg
sheep%2Band%2Bgoat.jpg

I love dogs and they they're cute AF too. But let's be honest here. You wouldn't give 2 shits about them if it weren't for this westernized culture of dogs being a man's best friend. Different cultures. Some cultures of peace don't eat pigs. Do you eat pork? Well, you're a monster!! Dogs are lucky that our ancestors decided to use them. You'd be crying about chickens and KFC right about now if our ancestors decided to choose the chickens over the dogs.

Also, I know some people use chickens as service animals. There are all kinds of service animals. Snakes, cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, rabbit etc. It calms them down. I know trainers who train all sort of animals. Petting zoos for example. They have all sort of animals but they're all so well behaved. Look at circuses. Mean violent lions and elephants are obedient pets. etc. I'm sure they can train a chicken to walk you across the street.

Dogs were bred for thousands of years to be our loyal Companions and aid us in civilization. Eating them is the ultimate betrayal.

lol, you guys are something else. never mind America's history of corruption, and coverups of abuse against animals and humans alike. In my last post you quoted, I told you guys why China shouldn't be compared to America. Now why are you still comparing China to America? All the questions I asked on here about America no one answered it, or even acknowledged it. I gave quite a few reasons as to why China is the way it is. None of you mindless drones want to question your Almighty Galactic American Empire. Your undying allegiance to your Country is commendable, if not outright insane.

Not only that but its funny that they change the goalposts from culture to civil/human rights when it suits them.

Sure we could bring up Americas:

-higher murder rate
-higher sexual assault rate
-shooting deaths
-mass murders
-incarceration rates
-highest carbon emissions per person in the world
-highest producers of waste and garbage per capita
-highest users of oil and gas
-violent assault rate

And thats not even getting into the really nasty stuff done by their governments like murdering 10 million civilians since WW2. Or we could bring up the 1000s of incredibly evil and deviant crimes by Americans criminals over the past few decades: serial killers, child rapists, satanic rituals, pedophilia. And we can then assign all these things as "American culture" and deduce that as a people they are devoid of empathy and compassion for all things living. Sure we could play that game.

But forget all that because Chinese people eat dogs and do some other wack shit so westerners and Americans are superior morally and culturally. Lol, don't fall for these peoples mental gymnastics bro, its just fakeness.

Terrible thing, but first you have to clean up your own backyard before calling other cultures inhuman, like Duterte said: glass houses motherfucker.

Murica is still the largest polluter per capita, highest carbon emissions per person in the world, which means on average the modern day American is the worst polluter in history.

Its not hard to figure out why when you see 16 year old girls driving SUVs and people keeping the water on all day for a greener lawn and replacing your phone/TV every year. The amount of garbage produced by your average Murican/Canadian family in one year could fill a landfill.

The average American probably eats more meat than a small family of Chinese people in rural China, constantly stuffing your faces with meat and food for entertainment and shitting it out, just a big fat repository for food: eat and shitting, eating and shitting. Never using the energy efficiently.

If you took all the grains used to feed cows in western farms, you could pretty much feed the world and solve world hunger. The average westerner/american is much more of a burden for the environment than your average Chinese person, with a higher carbon footprint and it takes 5x the resources and food to maintain your average westerner than a Chinese.
Not only that but its funny that they change the goalposts from culture to civil/human rights when it suits them.

Sure we could bring up Americas:

-higher murder rate
-higher sexual assault rate
-shooting deaths
-mass murders
-incarceration rates
-highest carbon emissions per person in the world
-highest producers of waste and garbage per capita
-highest users of oil and gas
-violent assault rate

And thats not even getting into the really nasty stuff done by their governments like murdering 10 million civilians since WW2. Or we could bring up the 1000s of incredibly evil and deviant crimes by Americans criminals over the past few decades: serial killers, child rapists, satanic rituals, pedophilia. And we can then assign all these things as "American culture" and deduce that as a people they are devoid of empathy and compassion for all things living. Sure we could play that game.

But forget all that because Chinese people eat dogs and do some other wack shit so westerners and Americans are superior morally and culturally. Lol, don't fall for these peoples mental gymnastics bro, its just fakeness.
That's a wrap bro, lol.
f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif

You've mentioned nothing specific. Please be specific on how the US' human rights and animal welfare standards are as bad as China's.

You've mentioned nothing specific. Please be specific on how the US' human rights and animal welfare standards are as bad as China's.
Ever seen any videos (secret or otherwise ) inside a slaughterhouse in the Western world? It's pretty horrifying

Really, what's the difference between a "rib fest" type event in the U.S. and this? Pigs are killed in equally horrible ways as these dogs.

Answer is, you've never really thought of it like that

here's a few I found in 2 minutes with google
http://www.motherjones.com/food/201...video-docuemts-savage-abuse-factory-pig-farm/
http://www.mcdonaldscruelty.com/
Some State legislatures even made it illegal to go undercover and video tape this type of behavior in animal farms.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/us/taping-of-farm-cruelty-is-becoming-the-crime.html

America is the best at covering things ups. Also You're comparing America the #1 Country in the World in National Wealth versus China #3 in National Wealth. America has quadruple the national wealth of China and less than a third of China's Population. That's why I said China can't be compared to America, it's not a fair assessment.

Back