Yulin dog meat festival in China

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

I saw this on facebook. It's happening on June 21.

nOmQJMkgXJlfcHv-800x450-noPad.jpg

https://www.change.org/p/yulin-dog-meat-festival-will-happen-again-on-june-21-2017-10-000-dogs-will-be-tortured-and-then-eaten-this-cruel-festival-started-in-2010-and-it-must-be-stopped?recruiter=205693426&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition&utm_content=nafta_share_post_title_en_2:control

Disturbing. How could anyone partake in such savagery?

I'm a dog lover but how different is this from packing chickens together then slaughtering them?

I'm a dog lover but how different is this from packing chickens together then slaughtering them?

Dogs are cute, intelligent & can help humans out.

Yesterday I saw a blind/visually-impaired gentleman with a lovely Labrador helping him about. I'd like to see a Chicken do that.

My Uncle used to be a Police Officer, he was a dog handler. Alsatians (German Shepherds). They play a role in the apprehension of criminals.

Sniffer dogs, Sheep dogs (help out on the farm) and so on, so forth.

I understand what you mean, killing an animal is killing an animal. But Dogs have quite a special relationship with Humans and I say this as a person who prefers Cats. Cats can't do what Dogs can.

Last edited:
China is disgusting when it comes to animal cruelty. I remember visiting some markets and all of the animals were jammed together in small cages. There were rats, birds, reptiles, cats, dogs and so on just piled on top of each other. It was sickening.

Yesterday I saw a blind/visually-impaired gentleman with a lovely Labrador helping him about. I'd like to see a Chicken do that.

My Uncle used to be a Police Officer, he was a dog handler. Alsatians (German Shepherds). They play a role in the apprehension of criminals.

Sniffer dogs and so on, so forth.

I understand what you mean, killing an animal is killing an animal. But Dogs have quite a special relationship with Humans and I say this as a person who prefers Cats. Cats can't do what Dogs can.

I prefer cats to dogs too but love them both.

A big part of my position has to do with intelligence. A dog is significantly smarter than a chicken, and a chicken is smarter than an ant, and how we ought to treat each falls on a continuum.

Sniffer dogs, Sheep dogs (help out on the farm) and so on, so forth.

Cows and horses were way more involved in assisting human agrarian societies survive the centuries until 1800's, but yet you have no problem eating them or seeing them as food. Both of these are intelligent animals too. This "special relationship" argument is bullshit. Domesticated animals each have their roles in society. Not all places share the same sentimental value Western societies have with dogs. They're viewed as livestocks.

Last edited:
They're skinned alive aren't they?

Soulless Festival 2017

You could make an interesting reality documentary about someone going to china and saving hundreds of dogs.

I'm not condoning Chinese behavior, but at least they eat them. Canadians kill seals for fun..
sealhunt26.jpg

Cows and horses were way more involved in assisting human agrarian societies survive the centuries until 1800's, but yet you have no problem eating them or seeing them as food. This "special relationship" argument is bullshit.

What do Cows do ? Eat grass, shit on grass and get milked. That's it. They're dopey creatures, even then I don't support treating them like trash. If they're raised fairly, put down humanely and ate, then okay.

I already explained how Dogs help out a lot in society as of today. They're one of the most useful animals about. It can't even be disputed, Cows are useful for their manure and their food products namely Milk/Butter/Meat. Their entire usage comes from their food supply and always has done. So yes, they're seen largely as food.

What do Cows do ? Eat grass, shit on grass and get milked. That's it. They're dopey creatures, even then I don't support treating them like trash. If they're raised fairly, put down humanely and ate, then okay.

I already explained how Dogs help out a lot in society as of today. They're one of the most useful animals about. It can't even be disputed, Cows are useful for their manure and their food products namely Milk/Butter/Meat. Their entire usage comes from their food supply and always has done. So yes, they're seen largely as food.
Bitch, if it wasn't for cows pulling the plow and carts, your ancestors probably died off due to starvation long time ago. The animal was instrumental in trade, transport and agriculture. Perhaps it would have been better if your ancestors died off early so the stupidity gene wouldn't have passed on. The amount of retardation you're displaying is staggering.

Bitch, if it wasn't for cows pulling the plow and carts, your ancestors probably died off due to starvation long time ago. The animal was instrumental in trade, transport and agriculture. Perhaps it would have been better if your ancestors died off early so the stupidity gene wouldn't have passed on. The amount of retardation you're displaying is staggering.
36_19830.jpg

I don't support cruelty against chickens either. I wish all meat was pasture raised.
I just asked because whether you meant to or not, your post made it seem as if China was exceptionally cruel to animals when we treat chickens the same and I bet even pigs are treated similar (btw they're just as intelligent as dogs and clean animals)

I'm not condoning Chinese behavior, but at least they eat them. Canadians kill seals for fun..
sealhunt26.jpg
Wow, that's pretty disgusting. Something just feels wrong about killing something that isn't directly used to sustain you and your family. Ethical hunting makes a lot more sense after seeing shit like this.

I prefer cats to dogs too but love them both.

A big part of my position has to do with intelligence. A dog is significantly smarter than a chicken, and a chicken is smarter than an ant, and how we ought to treat each falls on a continuum.
I hate cats so much. They fucking piss everywhere and are vindictive ****.

Plus, dogs are entertaining like this:

You can train a dog to retrieve shit for you (like ducks you've shot), you can train them to listen to vocal commands, they'll protect you in time of need, and they will react to you being sick/in trouble and provide comfort.

Cats... can be trained to shit in a box but are always cunty little shithead ******

Back