You've all been Roganized!! Diego-Melendez NOT the "New Best Fight Ever"

It was one of the greatest of all time but I disagree with Joe saying it's the best. He also said that about Gus/Jones.

Gil got really stupid there in the 3rd round. Almost cost him the fight.

Imagine if Diego went to finish with strikes instead of attempt the RNC, and won.

Gil was fucking him up though. So many clean shots to the jaw.

Rogan was clear about it though - he said it was the most entertaining fight, but not the most technical. He made that much clear.

Imagine if Gil lost. He's a high-paid guy. He'd be 0-2 in the UFC and 1 fight away from potentially being released.

That was stupid. Crazy wild swinging. Diego baited Gil into his gameplan because Diego knew he HAD to go for the finish. Gil should have been smarter. He needs to be thanking god/science that he recovered.

Orthadox boxing fans watched this and laughed their asses off.

It was the best 1 sided fight of all time, and it would not have been possible with any other fighter other than Diego.

The best fight ever has to be competitive. This was anything but that. Diego's pure awesomeness is what made it so fucking awesome like always. But he took a serious beating all night long, and landed that one punch in the 3rd.

I have looked at official strike totals, but there is no doubt it was incredibly lopsided.

It wasn't the best fight ever but hell of a fight nevertheless

Cant wait to see Melendez again, I wonder who will he be fighting next. Would like to see him vs Jim Miller someday.

Seriously, the fight was definitely exciting and the 3rd is one of the better rounds you'll ever see but the fight itself was very one sided. Rogan was jizzing over every little thing Diego did but the truth is that Gilbert dominated the 1st and the 2nd. He was dominating the 3rd till he got rocked.

Props to Diego for making it so exciting but this fight was way too one sided to be the "new best fight ever".

I was pretty annoyed, Diego would get punched like 10 times and land a mid kick and then Rogan would scream about the kick, I very very annoying. I enjoyed the fight but there has been better ones

It was the best 1 sided fight of all time, and it would not have been possible with any other fighter other than Diego.

The best fight ever has to be competitive. This was anything but that. Diego's pure awesomeness is what made it so fucking awesome like always. But he took a serious beating all night long, and landed that one punch in the 3rd.

I have looked at official strike totals, but there is no doubt it was incredibly lopsided.

I'm with you on this one.

Sanchez made the 3rd round interesting and he was never completely out of the fight. but it was not like there was any doubt whatsoever who was winning

I was pretty annoyed, Diego would get punched like 10 times and land a mid kick and then Rogan would scream about the kick, I very very annoying. I enjoyed the fight but there has been better ones

I know. I can understand Joe's excitement because the fight was very exciting. But I think pointing out just how incredibly uneven the striking totals were, would have probably helped out.

Literally every time Diego walked forward he was eating viscous counters that were busting up his face, while he was hitting air.

No doubt it was awesome, Diego always makes it awesome, but this was anything but competitive.

I also don't see anyone in the division being able to survive what he was eating, or at the very least, have the balls to keep coming forward and exchanging like maniac.

For every two punches Diego was throwing he was eating four. The exchanges were pretty nuts. I didnt understand how Gilbert popped back up from the uppercut but it was impressive. Could easily be 5 round rematch maincard fight.

I guess i watch to much kickboxing and muay thai. That fight last night looked like two drunk amateur swinging at each other..

Yea Diego is similar to Garcia except he is a better fighter and has a better chin. But last night, he missed most of his punches and got countered every single time. It wasn't even a competitive fight till he rocked Melendez in the 3rd.

lol no. Every time I go out to watch UFC I can barely hear the commentary. I think it's FOTY contender up there with JDS/Hunt and Jones/Gustafsson

I guess i watch to much kickboxing and muay thai. That fight last night looked like two drunk amateur swinging at each other..

but according to rogan it was best fight in history ,but yesterday Rogan stated

Nelson has best chin we have ever seen.

Cain Velasquez is best Heavyweight in history

Melendez vs Sanchez is best fight i have ever seen

can you believe the nerve of the ufc commentary trying to create the electric feel that was in the stadium and build the excitement of what fans saw at home? for fuck sakes rogan and dana. try to down play it. work up a fake yawn or something

i was in a huge bar and everyone was going crazy by the third round. no it wasnt a technical masterpiece you might appreciate while watching the fight at home by your self but it was a fucking fun fight

It's definately foty. those dudes went toe to teo and banged. I was at Bdubs and when Diego dropped Gil it was even louder than Weidman KOing silva. That fight was nuts.

Seriously, the fight was definitely exciting and the 3rd is one of the better rounds you'll ever see but the fight itself was very one sided. Rogan was jizzing over every little thing Diego did but the truth is that Gilbert dominated the 1st and the 2nd. He was dominating the 3rd till he got rocked.

Props to Diego for making it so exciting but this fight was way too one sided to be the "new best fight ever".

it all depends on your criteria of best.

for me, the best fights have a bit of everything in them. you can't only have wild, rock-em sock-em action, and you also can't have a textbook technical affair. the best fights have a bit of both, with drama throughout. the way a fight plays out is huge for me. in this melendez/sanchez fight, gilbert was landing more shots and was beating diego. but diego came back and showed that he has as much heart as anyone. i'll say it again, this fight had drama. it's that which made it so memorable. who didn't get goosebumps when diego's corner was telling him to not let this vato take it away from him and his family? that was touching. and then diego almost came back.

an awesome fight. the crowd was screaming diego's name for crying out loud.

no it wasnt a technical masterpiece

fyi theres music snobs, art snobs, food snobs, and now theres apparently fight snobs

just because someone has a sophisticated palate doesnt mean they cant appreciate and enjoy a great pizza or nachos. people who flip their nose up at that shit are just snobs

no it wasnt a technical masterpiece

fyi theres music snobs, art snobs, food snobs, and now theres apparently fight snobs

just because someone has a sophisticated palate doesnt mean they cant appreciate and enjoy a great pizza or nachos. people who flip their nose up at that shit are just snobs

100% agreed.

That fight was ultra exciting live. Quit bitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back