You've all been Roganized!! Diego-Melendez NOT the "New Best Fight Ever"

I agree that the fight was one sided, and can't believe that Sanchez won a round but if you didn't think that fight wasn't one if the best fights ever you are crazy.

Seriously, the fight was definitely exciting and the 3rd is one of the better rounds you'll ever see but the fight itself was very one sided. Rogan was jizzing over every little thing Diego did but the truth is that Gilbert dominated the 1st and the 2nd. He was dominating the 3rd till he got rocked.

Props to Diego for making it so exciting but this fight was way too one sided to be the "new best fight ever".

100% agreed. Lots of better fights by any aspect you want to measure. It was definitely one of the most entertaining but a TRULY one-sided and remarkable performance from Melendez. I was surprised to see Diego at 5 to 1 but he looked it for the first 12 minutes of that fight. Great fight though.

it was more of a brawl, not the best fight ever or even for the yr. i say top 3-5 best fight of the yr

No one here actually listened to Rogan so I don't see how we've been Roganized lol. It was a cool brawl but we've seen plenty of them before and others had more knockdowns and all the other cool stuff that comes with brawls.

It was a great fight but no, not the greatest ever, Rogan is passionate about the sport and gets caught up in the moment sometimes.

first round of wand-stann was better but it was on Fuel without Rogan.

And please don't tell me Melendez vs Sanchez exchange was more technical ,even Rogan admitted it was just wild exchange.

Hyperbole, Remember Gus-jones being greatest LhW fight of all time?

G-Wanderlei-Silva-calls-out-Brian-Stann-in-the-middle-of-the-fight.gif

stanknockdown.gif

Everyone has their own opinion and things they like more or less than others. No need to crucify Joe Rogan over it.

What was better?

Are you serious?

I was very surprised to hear Rogan say that. I may have to go back and watch again. Exciting fight, not in the top 10 for me.

And to answer your question, wand vs stann was significantly better

I didn't hear Rogan's comment, but I thought it was foty for sure. Not the best ever, but what fight this year was better?

I agree

Fotn

And that is it

Rogan was crap last night, like on another level

It was awrsome and props to both fighters for giving the fans a show

Great fight, Diego made it so entertaining to watch due to being batshit insane.

Not even FOTY for me, but still super enjoyable :)

it wasn't that great. i was shocked that dana and joe were raving about it the way they did.

Edgar-Maynard 2 was definitely better. The fight was just as savage but truly back and forth instead of completely one sided.

When you've got to go back 3 years to find a fight that was better, it might have been a decent scrap, no?

I agree that Diego got beaten fairly badly throughout the fight, and thus I have no real desire to see a rematch. But his ability to keep fighting, even hurting Melendez badly toward the end made it a very exciting bout.

Personally, I think Stann/Silva was better, but this was a really good one.

I really dont think there was a whole bunch of people screaming this is the greatest fight ever!!!! No doubt, hands down number one!!!!
Even if there was I dont think this thread is neccesary. I can list a bunch of fights I think were way better but who cares if someone else can't.

Though maybe i will be annoyed by the comentary one day, who knows. I cant watch Phan-Garcia 2 anymore becaue Joe was just so overthe top and hyperbolic about how great that fight was & was way too excited about the Gacia yelling while winging haymakers.

who cares. that fight was freakin awesome. refreshing to see.

Back