Your unpopular opinions on music

No good metal has come out since 2004. And by good metal, I mean a whole fucking album of all killer, no filler which is universally acclaimed as Lamb of God's Ashes of the Wake was.

Great album. I liked 'Sacrament' which came after that, too.

Heaviest breakdown I've ever heard

(timestamped)

• Never got into Springsteen
  • Never got into U2
  • Contemporary country is complete crap
  • Almost every rap song in the past 15 years has sucked ass
  • Alice in Chains blows Nirvana out of the water
  • Plagiarism accusations against Led Zeppelin are overblown and their best stuff is totally original anyway
  • Glam rock is better than punk and punk is derivative of glam anyway, it's basically just glam without all the fun
  • Gary Glitter made a lot of good songs, a TON of artists rip him off to this day without any credit, and trying to censor his music and its influence is stupid
  • Too many of today's singers have whiny, effeminate voices, too many baritones that think they are tenors, and high pitched tenors that sound like little bitches. Actual gay men back in the day didn't sound this gay. Freddie Mercury and Elton John, for instance
  • Sam Smith is overrated as fuck, he can't sing live and he uses his homosexuality like a cheap gimmick
I like your thinking.

The Insane Clown Posse is the best musical act in the history of art.

I can't stand System of a Down. It's all chaotic noise and nothing more. The singing is terrible and one-dimensional; it sounds like some kind of a terrible polka/metal fusion act.

When I first heard the song "Lonely Day," while training weights, I wanted to smash the speakers immediately. What kind of idiot thinks that the phrase "the most loneliest day of my life" is grammatically correct or sounds great in a song?

Poseurs.

Also, Latin Romantic music sucks balls.

My gym plays this stupidass new hit song by some dickless loser titled "Despacito." It means "gently" or "softly" in Spanish. Right. I'm trying to lift weights with speed and explosion here; turn that fruity, pansy-ass shit off.

Last edited:
I can't stand System of a Down. It's all chaotic noise and nothing more. The singing is terrible and one-dimensional; it sounds like some kind of a terrible polka/metal fusion act.

When I first heard the song "Lonely Day," while training weights, I wanted to smash the speakers immediately. What kind of idiot thinks that the phrase "the most loneliest day of my life" is grammatically correct or sounds great in a song?

Poseurs.

Also, Latin Romantic music sucks balls.

My gym plays this stupidass new hit song by some dickless loser titled "Despacito." It means "gently" or "softly" in Spanish. Right. I'm trying to lift weights with speed and explosion here; turn that fruity, pansy-ass shit off.
Agree about Latin romantic music. It is so overrated! And lol at it being played in the gym. In my previous gym they used to play lounge versions of famous songs in the evening. Like some sweet girl's voice singing "sandman" by Metallica to a quiet piano tune. Great way to fall asleep while lifting.

Agree about Latin romantic music. It is so overrated! And lol at it being played in the gym. In my previous gym they used to play lounge versions of famous songs in the evening. Like some sweet girl's voice singing "sandman" by Metallica to a quiet piano tune. Great way to fall asleep while lifting.

The only genre of music I will lift to is heavy metal (or hard rock). Or sometimes I just prefer training in silence.

I don't want to listen to any of these lovey-dovey, happy-go-lucky bullshit songs. I need to lift with aggression and anger.

The only genre of music I will lift to is heavy metal (or hard rock). Or sometimes I just prefer training in silence.

I don't want to listen to any of these lovey-dovey, happy-go-lucky bullshit songs. I need to lift with aggression and anger.
In my current gym they play some dance stuff or sometimes hard rock (often AC/DC). My weights are better when they play AC/DC =)

Nirvana does nothing for me. I like grunge music, but I can't stand Nirvana.

Hell, I don't even consider Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, or Pearl Jam to be grunge bands at all. I consider them to be either heavy metal or hard rock. But I guess they were all lumped into that grunge category because they originate from the same city as Nirvana.

Grunge was a scene not a music genre. What binded those bands together was that they were all Seattle bands from the same scene and time...and they dressed and acted like depressed wall flowers unimpressed by fame and not the larger than life rock stars of the 80s. That's the grunge scene. There will always be an unbreakable chain to those bands and it has nothing to do with sound. There isn't a misconception about differences in music style and they all get their due for having distinct sounds. The misconception is that grunge is actually a genre. I don't believe it is in itself a musical style. They were alternative rock bands that each strayed in different directions. AIC kinda metal. Sound garden kinda progressive. Pearl Jam kinda Arena Rock. Nirvana kinda punk.

Wow, thank the dark ones most of these opinions aren't listened to.

I don't have an unpopular opinion about music.

I really don't like music and don't really listen to it very often... mostly just listen to talk radio
Did you harm animals as a child?

Last edited:
  • Beyonce is hilariously overrated and I can probably count on one hand her good songs released within the past 10 years. Her old stuff still bangs tho
  • Jeezy and T.I. are criminally underrated. T.I.'s discography can hang with any other rapper's
  • Bieber has finally grown up and makes acceptable (albeit kinda forgettable) pop music
  • There isn't enough bubblegum pop nowadays. The charts seem to be filled with too much pseudo-country and shit-tier rap and not enough real pop
  • NOT EVERY R&B HIT SONG NEEDS A RAP VERSE
  • Metal needs another hated subgenre like nu-metal or deathcore to spring up and gain popularity

Beethoven>Mozart

Come at me.

the beatles are overrated....but in 30 years time no one is going to remember the shit you think is awesome

Kiss only has a handful of good songs.

Back