Your top 3 glove brands you have owned

1. Winning/Cleto Reyes
2. Twins
3. Fairtex

1. Winning 10oz pro fight gloves - and I don't think there's been a close second for me. No other glove lets me make a better fist than this one and the amount of protection it gives is just insane given that it's so freaking light. Sadly mine have little life left in them so I've "retired" them, but I'll always have the memories of my younger days when i would just wail on the wrecking ball bag with these for hours haha.

2. Grant 16oz - I picked these up back when they were still selling them on Ringside for a reasonable amount ($150 i think). They fit my hands so well that I didn't really mind the scratchy liner. Really great sparring glove, they were really sleek so I could usually sneak punches through my opponent's guard. Ended up selling them after I saw people were willing to pay twice what I bought them for.

3. Triumph United Death Adders - Got them 50% off and everytime I pull them out I'm amazed at how solid they are for being less expensive than practically ever other glove I've owned. Just a really good combination of protection and feedback and while I don't use them often anymore, they've definitely held up during the longer bouts I've had them in rotation.

Honorable Mention: Boon - damn good workhorse glove.

1. Rival
2. Winning
3. New Sporting

Honorable mention: Cleto Reyes.

I may be wrong but I believe you owned a pair of 10oz Winnings and loved them. Which Rival model did you prefer over the Winnings?

1) Fairtex BGV9 14oz.
2) Casanova lace up 14oz.
3) Cleto Reyes hook & loop 16oz.

The Fairtex is a super glove and is my top pick to date.
The Casanova’s would be #1 if the hand box wasn’t so large. I can make a good fist with these and put a full house shot with no fear of any pain lol.
The Reyes gloves are not really broken in yet so they might go up. The hand box imo, is too snug yet. I am not a fan of the thumb but it is getting better as the piping at the base stretches out. It has top shelf build and materials and is the best when compared to the others in this department.
A couple of side notes; my Everlast leather Powerlocks would be my #1 for comfort but The foam breaks down in just 3 months of medium use on a heavy bag.
I have New Sporting gloves being made as we speak so my picks might change in the near future.
~ Mike

I may be wrong but I believe you owned a pair of 10oz Winnings and loved them. Which Rival model did you prefer over the Winnings?

You're right. And I see you also have long experience with the Winning 10oz fight gloves, nice.

My pair is still great, going strong since 2013 and used primarily on the heavybag by a heavyweight .

While they are extremely comfortable, light and durable, I'm just not a fan of the lack of "pop" as compared to Rival RFX Guerrero fight gloves, or Rival's RB11 Evo bag gloves.

Maybe there used to be some nice sounding pop in them back in 2013, but cannot remember as this was 5 years ago lol.

But I even have a pair of Winning 12oz laceup training gloves, which I love but also lacks pop.

By the way, would your pair still be good to go if you used a knuckle guard such as Winning NG2 or Skulltec gel pads with them? How long have you had that pair?

Last edited:
Maybe I'll pick up a pair of the Guerrero's in the future, they sound like a great glove. I would be tempted to try that actually. I remember trying it once way back when I first got the gloves but it was really difficult to get the glove on without assistance. Maybe I'll give it another go. And I got them back in 2010.

You're right. And I see you also have long experience with the Winning 10oz fight gloves, nice.

My pair is still great, going strong since 2013 and used primarily on the heavybag by a heavyweight .

While they are extremely comfortable, light and durable, I'm just not a fan of the lack of "pop" as compared to Rival RFX Guerrero fight gloves, or Rival's RB11 Evo bag gloves.

Maybe there used to be some nice sounding pop in them back in 2013, but cannot remember as this was 5 years ago lol.

But I even have a pair of Winning 12oz laceup training gloves, which I love but also lacks pop.

By the way, would your pair still be good to go if you used a knuckle guard such as Winning NG2 or Skulltec gel pads with them? How long have you had that pair?

How would you compare the Skulltec to the Winning knuckle guard ? Which one is better or fits better inside the gloves ?

How would you compare the Skulltec to the Winning knuckle guard ? Which one is better or fits better inside the gloves ?

The Skulltec (green model, the thicker one) seems to protect a little better than the NG2, but is significantly heavier.

If you've seen videos on how the Skulltec is generally used, it's pretty big and is folded on top of the knuckles. In the photo below, one square pad is originally composed of 3 of the green pieces that I cut out. And that one square pad is supposed to be for 1 hand. Makes it pretty difficult to fit into gloves without assistance.

I don't use either product stand alone anymore though, I sort of combined them.

I removed the blue elastic band of the NG2s, took out the 2-layer pieces of padding (White = firm EVA? and Clear = gel), and just cut out 1 layer of the Skulltec greens to add onto it.

The result is a 3-piece knuckle guard that is better than either product stand alone.

In this photo, the top right mix is the way I use it:

The left mix is the same, just without removing the NG2's blue elastic band.

The bottom pile is each of the 3 layers spread out.

3gQTAes.jpg

Last edited:
1) TopTen
2) Booster
3) Green Hill

I like gloves that fit well, provide good padding and last for a couple of years. However, not all items of those brands are equally good. Some are, some aren't.

1. TopBoxer
2. Tuisco (Korean boxing gear company)
3. Everlast

I love TopBoxer gloves. I have a pair of 16oz sparring gloves and boxing boots. I love its broken in feeling and after a few sparring rounds, both my partner and I were satisfied with these gloves. I could throw punches without worrying how much damage he would get. As you already know, TopBoxer is the best for me

1. Triumph United
2. Fairtex
3. Rival
Will see if that changes once I get my New Sporting.

Had the same set of the rival 14oz mitts since 2013 and they've been through the washing machine/drier too many times to count yet I can dust they off and go train like they are new.

Had the same set of the rival 14oz mitts since 2013 and they've been through the washing machine/drier too many times to count yet I can dust they off and go train like they are new.

Which one ?

Which one ?

RB10. Very sturdy, just couldn't keep them dry at the time so they started to stink. In desperation I gave them the washing machine and drier on a low to medium heat. Still going strong.

twins, top king, boon, and most recently my revgears

Back