Your top 3 glove brands you have owned

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
What are the favorite brands of gloves that you have personally owned?

For me
1. Fairtex - My favorite glove brand specifically the BGV9
2. Topboxer - Best brand for customization
3. Cleto Reyes - Most durable gloves I have ever owned.

1. Triumph United
2. Fairtex
3. Rival
Will see if that changes once I get my New Sporting.

1. Winning
2. Cleto Reyes
3. Rival

My 1 and 2 favourites are admittedly pretty boring and predictable picks, but that's just been my experience.

I'm very keen to try Topboxer and I'll probably go for a custom set sooner or later. I'd like to learn more about New Sporting as well.

1. Winning
2. Cleto Reyes
3. Rival

My 1 and 2 favourites are admittedly pretty boring and predictable picks, but that's just been my experience.

I'm very keen to try Topboxer and I'll probably go for a custom set sooner or later. I'd like to learn more about New Sporting as well.

I honestly have no interest in ever trying winning really. To me they are a boring glove, I'm sure they are the best in the market for hand protection but I'm just not a fan of them. Their headguards however I'd love to try.

1. Fairtex
2. Triumph United
3. Boon

I’ve owned quite a few gloves but have sold them before I had a chance to use them. I primarily use Fairtex Gloves, bgv1 being my all time favorite glove ever made. I’ve owned many Triumph United gloves and really love the brand, but bang for the buck I go with Fairtex. With Triumph United they are releasing a new Heatseeker around Christmas time which solves the issue that I have with their elastic cuff, as the images I’ve seen show a leather strap rather than an elastic one. As for the Boon, I had a 1st gen pair that had the powder issue that was replaced with another pair that kicked ass but I was injured and sold them.

I have a bid in on a Thai brand that I haven’t used before, so I will be able to chime in on those if I win.

I'm waiting for the headseekers as well.

I liked my sabas pro series velcro 16ozs. I understand some people here had bad experiences but it was all after I had my pair already.

I've also used triumph united 16oz velcro gloves and they lasted 2 years of work before splitting. Comfortable gloves.

The only other glove I've owned are twins, and I don't like them due to the hand compartment and the awkward padding.

1. Rival
2. Winning
3. New Sporting

Honorable mention: Cleto Reyes.

1. Winning, hands down. Ultimate protection, super super comfortable and I just love the clean/simple design.
2. Boxeo, an awesome protective Mexican glove. I just use my 16oz on the bag and I can rip into it, I also just love the design on these, no logo on the glove other than the strap, welted seams and I got mine with unattached things which is a personal preference.
3. Twins, cheaper gloves (at least when I bought multiple pairs in 2010/2011) love the 12oz and 14oz pairs, these are definitely my go to bag gloves, they are just no bullshit straight to the point workhorse gloves. Super durable, comfortable, maybe a bit pillowy for some people but they get the job done and will last you forever.

Honorable mention, older Grants.. I have a couple pairs from Ringside and the older 2002ish pair are superior for sure but the pair from 08ish are still great!

1. Winning, hands down. Ultimate protection, super super comfortable and I just love the clean/simple design.
2. Boxeo, an awesome protective Mexican glove. I just use my 16oz on the bag and I can rip into it, I also just love the design on these, no logo on the glove other than the strap, welted seams and I got mine with unattached things which is a personal preference.
3. Twins, cheaper gloves (at least when I bought multiple pairs in 2010/2011) love the 12oz and 14oz pairs, these are definitely my go to bag gloves, they are just no bullshit straight to the point workhorse gloves. Super durable, comfortable, maybe a bit pillowy for some people but they get the job done and will last you forever.

Honorable mention, older Grants.. I have a couple pairs from Ringside and the older 2002ish pair are superior for sure but the pair from 08ish are still great!

NIce, I think Erik Morales was known for using Boxeo in training. I hear it's one of the more protective authentic mexican brands.

Curious on the older Grants... mind showing some pics?

Do Boxeo still make gloves? Or are Boxeo the New Sporting guy?

Last edited:
Do Boxeo still make gloves? Or are Boxeo the New Sporting guy?
Yes they do. I just got a brand new pair. Great gloves!

And just to clarify, you are referring to the original Boxeo and not Boxeo TM, right? Regardless, both are still in business and are very good gloves.

1. Winning. I have the 10oz pro fight glove. The thumb for me is perfect and the padding is superb despite being a 10oz pro fight glove. The quality is absolutely perfect.
2. Reyes. I still use my 16oz lace ups that are now 5 years old on the bag. Padding is beat to hell but with tape and knuckle padding, the glove is a true work horse.
3. Ring to Cage. 16oz C17 for sparring. Great glove and last long if they are only used for sparring and properly cared for. The weight distribution is great as well.

Honorable Mentions: Fairtex, Fighting Sports

On a side note there is a company out here in LA called Prolast. It is a local fight shop next to Wildcard. They have these bag gloves that have the same wrist support system exactly the same as the Rival V-Strap.They are quickly becoming one my favorite gloves to use on the bag. Great wrist support, great crack on the bag, while also feeling very ergonomic and protective.

Yes they do. I just got a brand new pair. Great gloves!

And just to clarify, you are referring to the original Boxeo and not Boxeo TM, right? Regardless, both are still in business and are very good gloves.

Honestly I am referring to all Boxeo I'm not as caught up on Mexican brands as most of you guys are, would you be able to point me in the direction to look at their products? Their website or instagram or facebook?

Has anyone had grants.
Winning is for sure the best Ive owned

1. 16oz Casanova- These are my favorite so far.
2. 16oz Cleto Reyes-they made an awesome pop sounds on the bag
3. 18oz Classics- I wasn't too crazy about them.

I honestly have no interest in ever trying winning really. To me they are a boring glove, I'm sure they are the best in the market for hand protection but I'm just not a fan of them. Their headguards however I'd love to try.

I have Winning FG2900 headgear and I really like them.

I have a bid in on a Thai brand that I haven’t used before, so I will be able to chime in on those if I win.

I ended up not winning the bid, so I just bought a pair outright in a different color. The gloves are Yokkao Matrix 14oz. I was talking to a girl who fights amateur that was using a pair of Yokkao’s and she said she had a couple pairs and really liked them so I decided to give them a try.

Back