Your thoughts on this seasons American Horror Story?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It came to an end a week ago and I am not sure how to feel about it. It felt so empty, I mean, I liked the idea of a cult and the beginning was great but it went down hill in my opinion.

I haven't watched the last season with the whole reality based/ghost theme which I wasn't in to. But I will to get see how they compare. That being said, I liked season 2 in the asylum as well as the Dandy Mott and Hotel season.

never seen it is the show good?

It depends on the seasons. Each season is completely different. For example, season 1 is about a haunted house while season 2 is in an asylum. The actors assume different characters in different season. Evan Peters who has appeared in all season and in some season, he plays a villain and sometimes the hero.

This season, he was the main antagonist.

It depends on the seasons. Each season is completely different. For example, season 1 is about a haunted house while season 2 is in an asylum. The actors assume different characters in different season. Evan Peters who has appeared in all season and in some season, he plays a villain and sometimes the hero.

This season, he was the main antagonist.
cool. Is it scary? or like suspense? I wanna check it out I have seen it just never took the time

cool. Is it scary? or like suspense? I wanna check it out I have seen it just never took the time

Season 2 was the only real scary one because there was a very disturbing serial killer who we suspected to be a certain character and that there was a giant plot twist.

The rest are not scary, a bit unsettling but more entertaining.

I haven't finished it, watched the first 8 eps i think, its hilariously bad.

Never understood the appeal of American Horror Story. That shit sucks. Not just this season, but the entire show. So overrated.

I've tried to watch the first season twice, but can't get through it (and horror is probably my favourite genre).

Horror just doesn't fit on the television format. Or if it does, it's a difficult direction that AHS doesn't capture.

My impression from watching the show is that it's designed for the same middle-age / elderly couple audience that watches "Grey's Anatomy," and only has the appearance of being a "horror" show for aesthetics only.

Overall it was decent. About mid-tier for me compared to all other seasons.

I said this in the other thread but the writers really deserve recognition for being able to make season after season without having a single likable character.

It came to an end a week ago and I am not sure how to feel about it. It felt so empty, I mean, I liked the idea of a cult and the beginning was great but it went down hill in my opinion.

Based on my incomplete experience with the series, this holds true for the seasons I watched(1-4). Starts off interesting, meanders for after that, and ultimately adds up to a whole lot of disappointment.

Love the concept for the series, but the execution is quite poor.

Never understood the appeal of American Horror Story. That shit sucks. Not just this season, but the entire show. So overrated.
The political agenda has always been annoying, but for the most part, I've liked most seasons.

After the over top political shit in the first episode of this season, I didn't bother with it after that.

The political agenda has always been annoying, but for the most part, I've liked most seasons.

After the over top political shit in the first episode of this season, I didn't bother with it after that.
I've tried to get into 3 different seasons of it when friends couldn't stop going on about it but I found it borderline unwatchable every single time. Maybe it's just not my thing man, I'm not sure.

Based on my incomplete experience with the series, this holds true for the seasons I watched(1-4). Starts off interesting, meanders for after that, and ultimately adds up to a whole lot of disappointment.

Love the concept for the series, but the execution is quite poor.

That's true, I feel the same though I felt that season 2 did a better job keeping things interesting. Either way, it feels like Death Note which was known for its first half to be the most amazing series and in my and many peoples opinions, second half went down hill and the end was pretty weak.

I watched the first 2 seasons and really liked season 2. 1 was decent. I watched some of 3 And 4 ( Sideshow carnival and girl school for witches) and then gave up.....

Is Hotel, Roanoke, or Cult worth watching?

I just tried and quit with 3 episodes remaining. I would have felt better about it if they didn’t feel the need to ram every agenda down my throat. I thought the first episode with gay clowns buttfucking was a bit much but hey, let’s watch with an open mind. But then it just got weirder for the sake of being weird. They never explained why Twisty showed up once or twice in the beginning and then never again, either. The story just got completely stupid. And in what world would child protective services have NOT taken the kid from those two loons? I just kept feeling sorry for the kid, but the producers were like “fuck him, we’ll just have him out of the next few episodes”

This show and the walking dead seem to go out of their way to make gays stand out like a sore thumb rather than fit in and be the regular people they are. For crying out loud I think Eric and Aaron kissed and made sweet talk more than any hetero couple on the show lately. Its unrealistic, It’s pandering and I know of one gay couple who finds that kind of treatment insulting. I’m not a fucking idiot. I get they’re gay. Move on with the actual story please.

The first season was good, but I saw how crappy the second one was and never really cared for it afterwards

Honestly I've only watched one season of AHS and that was the first. I'm almost through AHS:asylum now. I usually watch a few episode from every season and then lose interest, although coven and hotel seemed like they were good .I didn't watch this year because I am sick and tired of politics. Although I like sarah paulson and Evan peters I didn't care for their characters this season

They have/had some great actors on the show. Jessica Lange was God Tier.

Seems like almost every year they have some interesting ideas but often they can't seem to wrap it up and I tend to lose interest by the end. Asylum was probably my favorite season.

I just tried and quit with 3 episodes remaining. I would have felt better about it if they didn’t feel the need to ram every agenda down my throat. I thought the first episode with gay clowns buttfucking was a bit much but hey, let’s watch with an open mind. But then it just got weirder for the sake of being weird. They never explained why Twisty showed up once or twice in the beginning and then never again, either. The story just got completely stupid. And in what world would child protective services have NOT taken the kid from those two loons? I just kept feeling sorry for the kid, but the producers were like “fuck him, we’ll just have him out of the next few episodes”

This show and the walking dead seem to go out of their way to make gays stand out like a sore thumb rather than fit in and be the regular people they are. For crying out loud I think Eric and Aaron kissed and made sweet talk more than any hetero couple on the show lately. Its unrealistic, It’s pandering and I know of one gay couple who finds that kind of treatment insulting. I’m not a fucking idiot. I get they’re gay. Move on with the actual story please.
Of course it's unrealistic - it's satire. Didn't the whole "lesbians, we're under attack!" make that obvious?

Watched the first few episodes of the first season. That shit sucks. I wouldn't call it a horror movie. More like a horrifyingly cheesy movie.

Back