Your thoughts on Kawajiri?

anyone understand what he was shouting during the interview?
I thought he was calling out someone when he shout out his second line, but didn't catch the name

"Give me a title shot Dana, and submission of the night, PLEASE"
paraphrased but pretty much that.

I'm happy we get a chance to see him against top competition, before he retires. No disrespect to his past opponents, but there were a lot of unanswered questions about his standing. This being said, I have to respectfully say that it may be a little late in his career - 14 years and 42 fights can't help but take their toll.

I hope he continues to win. Don't care who he faces next, just hoping to see an Asian champion sometime in 2014. Lots of skill out there, but I think the trips over hurt them a lot and they don't cut as much weight either.

Kawajiri cuts weight to 155 and now he's 145 so he's one of them Azians who got weightcutting down.

He's a powerhouse but tends to like the striking exchanges, capable of top 10 in UFC FW easily but due to age would get torched by Aldo is my summary of him. Versus Cub or a similar known commodity, winnable opponent next.

Shoots from the mile away, he will get smoked against better opponents.

I'd love to see him face Siver or Swanson. I'd pick him to submit either guy.

i am beyond happy he won and hope it continues

I remember his Pride debut like yesterday. He was gonna be the next very big Japanese LW thing, and he kind of was.

It's so sad to now realize he's getting old. Almost as if I must be too. I hope he does well. Don't think he's gonna shoot like that against opponents he has higher respect for.

Kawajiri's top and back control is downright scary. Looking forward to his next fight, as always. Been a favorite for ages, glad to finally see him in the UFC. He's got the right style to deal with the regular LnP wrestlers so common in the UFC.

Back