Your thoughts on Kawajiri?

I'd love for him to have another tune-up just because this is his first fight in a while. However, he doesn't have a lot of time left in his career, so I guess give him a Top-10.

Guida or Siver make the most sense... even though either fight is lose/lose for me as a fan.

Interesting. Considering Kawajiri has never been KO'd and Siver only has one KO in his whole career. :icon_lol:

Gilbert Melendez beat the shit out of him. He was pretty much out.

Maybe it was UFC jitters or just impatience due to unknown opponent and wanting to finish too quickly, but he didn't look as good as he did in Japan. I think with a higher level opponent he'll be more prepared and more patient.

As others said Siver or Dustin would be great fights.

Interesting. Considering Kawajiri has never been KO'd and Siver only has one KO in his whole career. :icon_lol:

2rhseuv.gif

Alvarez/Kawajiri is one of the best fights of all time.

It's cool to see him beat a young gun like Soriano.

But it's not gonna happen much.

Book him against Siver. After that, win or lose, he should fight some other grizzled vet types. Stephens maybe. There are tons of old Brazilian names at 45 and 55 that Kawajiri has yet to see. He's exciting but not championship caliber. Let him keep fighting people who will just give him thrilling, division-irrelevant fights.

Kawajiri looked how Kawajiri always looks. If you don't have top quality TDD, a worldclass guard, or can't catch him with a shot early, chances are you're getting dominated. He can beat a lot of fighters in the FW division. Aldo, Edgar, and Mendes are the only ones that I'd be extremely confident in picking over the Crusher.

Kawajiri looked how Kawajiri always looks. If you don't have top quality TDD, a worldclass guard, or can't catch him with a shot early, chances are you're getting dominated. He can beat a lot of fighters in the FW division. Aldo, Edgar, and Mendes are the only ones that I'd be extremely confident in picking over the Crusher.

Well stated.

This. He's added a pretty scary submission game to his arsenal as well.

I think Edgar and Mendes have edges on speed, but Kawajiri would have the size advantage.

Aldo, I think, beats Kawajiri easily, though.

I'd like to see him make a slow climb up the ladder, I'd prefer to see some of my favorite guys from years ago actually have success in the UFC :)

When he won this weekend it put a huge smile on my face. Very impressed he still got what it takes to beat a young up and comer like Soriano cause that kid is good. Was good to see Kikuno too. Felt like a blast to the past.

My thoughts are I feel sorry for so many Japanese MMA stars who were unemployed due to JMMA going down the toilet there.

Back