Your thoughts on Kawajiri?

I was hoping for Kawajiri to win. I really thought he was going to get his ass handed, but eventually he pulled off that painful looking RNC.

I thought he kinda looked... soft, but he still won. I don't think he can hang with the elite UFC featherweights, but I would like for him to win many fights as possible and retire with a win streak.

I haven't seen the fight yet. Got up too late. Will watch it on one of those sites later to see how the Crusher performs. But any lower weight fighter in their mid-30's may just go bust at any moment... I hope the he does well with the opportunity and time given to him, but I'm not gonna hold my hopes up.

Top 10 guy for sure! Crusher has a big name and experience.

Siver would be good

Thought he'd be more dominant but I think he just underestimated Soriano...so did I.

Anyway, I see him fighting Siver, Mendes, Poirier, Swanson, any of the big dogs....and losing.

Bad hair.

Good fight.

Calling for a title shot after one UFC win?

Bad.

just wishing that he had come to the UFC 4-5 years ago.

Soriano is cousins to the guy who married my cousin.

That being said, he started out good then faded bad

Edit. He's the cousin of my cousins husband's cousin.

If that makes sense

[YT]CZd_YyFzPD0[/YT]

Bad hair.

Good fight.

Calling for a title shot after one UFC win?

Bad.
Although he still can compete at a high level, he's a veteran likely approaching the end of his career. Why wouldn't he ask for a title shot as soon as possible?

His stand up and gas tank worry me....I can see him being a gatekeeper for the top ten right now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes top 10 or top 5

Give him a biggish fight next. He is already old and has been fighting top names for a long time. Let's see where he stands now rather than drag it out.

Been a long time fan of Kawajiri but I'd admit, the first two and half minutes of the fight had me worrying. That being said, I was glad to see him get the win. It's always demoralizing to lose your first in the company.

When he was sloppily shooting in for those takedowns early on, I could only think "Mendez would eat this man alive"

I wasn't awake to see the fights. Anyone know where to watch them?

Good.

Guy is a stone cold veteran, he'll have a nice run in the UFC before retiring. He has nothing for Aldo or any of the top 3-5 though.

I was not impressed.

Back