Your sweeps from SPIDER GUARD

gullis187

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering what sweeps you guys use, what are high-percentage and what do top competitors use from Spider guard.

The search function on this forum doesnt make it easy to find threads like this, so help me help others :D Thank you!

When they're on one or two knees, my best sweep is the basic scissor-style with one foot in the bicep. I also like to fake that sweep and go for triangle.
I use a deep leg lasso to attack omoplatas and keep their posture broken, standing or kneeling.

Same as ijustwannasurf's options, but I also do the harpoon or tripod sweep from leg lasso spider guard. I've pulled of some other stuff, but not with the same frequency as this stuff.

Harpoon sweep is money. the leg lasso control like ijustwanttosurf mentioned is pretty popular amongst the high level competitors.

I like the harpoon/shin across sweep, but I focus on control and keeping my feet in front of them.
If I have the lasso, and they get around my other leg, I prefer to granby roll into the omoplata. When I used to work a shallow lasso, this was difficult, but with it hooked deep on their back, there's plenty of space.

I dunno about top competitor stuff. A pretty high% one I use when they stand :

-one foot in the hip, that side's arm needs to control the arm at the elbow
-other foot pushing on the bicep
-cross collar grip

*most people I think would be looking for a triangle here, but to sweep = all in one motion, remove the foot on the bicep to hook behind the same-side knee, opposite hand grabs same-side ankle while keeping collar grip, pull the ankle, sweep.

I really like this one for its simplicity I apologize if the link isnt working as I am posting from my phone Spider Guard Sweep

I really like this one for its simplicity I apologize if the link isnt working as I am posting from my phone Spider Guard Sweep

I do a sweep similar to that which lands me over on the persons bicep :). Too bad its the only one I can remember any more. ( since I forgot the ones in the past).

I like ijustwannasurf's stuff, I'm gonna go practice that for my spider guard.
But usually I use spider guard to get people frustrated so they power things, i simply swings their arms backwards, boom into my guard. :)

I do a sweep similar to that which lands me over on the persons bicep :). Too bad its the only one I can remember any more. ( since I forgot the ones in the past).

I like ijustwannasurf's stuff, I'm gonna go practice that for my spider guard.
But usually I use spider guard to get people frustrated so they power things, i simply swings their arms backwards, boom into my guard. :)

Ya I like spider because of so many options
But I cant do too many due to my knee still being sore

Back