Your reaction to Jeff leaving the MMA beat + replacement poll

He got more hate than he deserved and he was the sporting enthusiast that juxtaposed Ariel's love for drama, money, and business.

He did struggle through his sentences at time, but all of those guys on that show have their flaws.

Who's his replacement? The young Spanish dude who looks related to uncle creepy?

But Luke Thomas already fills that role very well: he's the jaundiced, pop-culture literate analyst who actually trains, he focuses on technique and meritocracy and treats drama like liquid ebola. Even their music tastes are polar opposites (metal vs. hip hop and X'mas carols). Luke Thomas is the very the antithesis of Ariel Helwani, and he can articulate himself 10x better than Wagenheim. Jeff is like that old dude who went on about Stephen A. Smith at Jones' CSAC hearing - a token old dude who serves no practical purpose unless if you're into Hawaiian holiday fashion.

But Luke Thomas already fills that role very well: he's the jaundiced, pop-culture literate analyst who actually trains, he focuses on technique and meritocracy and treats drama like liquid ebola. He's the very the antithesis of Ariel Helwani, and he can articulate himself 10x better than Wagenheim. Jeff is like that old dude who went on about Stephen A. Smith at Jones' CSAC hearing - a token old dude who serves no practical purpose.

Lol. Don't you dare try to box Luke Thomas up into one genre, or even three or six. Luke Thomas plays every role.

I'd watch that show if it was just Luke playing himself, Ariel, Jeff and Chuck. He'd do it better than them all.

Last edited:
So, today was Jeff Wagenheim's last MMA Beat show.

BtNpKqt.gif

JK... Jeff was a cool cat, and i will kind of miss him... but he took 2 hours to finish a sentence, provided way too convoluted answers, flip flopped around, etc...

How do you react to this earth shattering news?

And who would you like to see replace him?

a)Shaun Al-Shatti
b)Danny Segura
c)Marc Raimondi
d)New York Ric
e)Esther Lin
f)Josh Gross
g)That guy who looks like Ben Rothwell (lol)
Hahaha I know exactly who that Rothwell guy is

Lol. Don't you dare try to box Like Thomas up into one genre, or even three. Luke Thomas plays every role.

Sure, Luke may be multi-genred, but my point is one of his genres is occupied by Jeff, and Luke does it better, partly because he can actually convey his (stolen) ideas through speech quite effortlessly. Dealing with Jeff scrambling for words is jarring for the listener. Luke makes Jeff obsolete on the MMA Beat and I'm glad he's gone.

Sure, Luke may be multi-genred, but my point is one of his genres is occupied by Jeff, and Luke does it better, partly because he can actually convey his (stolen) ideas through speech quite effortlessly. Dealing with Jeff scrambling for words is jarring for the listener.

Luke is so versatile he could replace everyone on that show. If he's going to replace jeff then I hope he wears a Hawaiian looking shirt every once in a while just to honor the man in the shirt, and to show off his muscles that he developed over years of military training and BJJ classes.

Last edited:
Luke is so versatile he could replace everyone on that show. If he's going to replace jeff then I hope he wears a Hawaiian looking shirt everyonce and a while just to honor the man in the shirt, and to show off his muscles that he developed over years of military training and BJJ classes.

No. There's no way Luke can replace Ariel. Ariel has very unique insight into the sport of MMA and the various personalities involved in it. He has a great memory for specific events, keen nose for drama and popcorn and has built relationships with fighters and managers unlike anyone else in the MMA journalist sphere. Just look at his MMA Hour lineup compared to any other MMA podcast. Luke Thomas can never hope to match Ariel in his field, but Luke sure as hell can replace Jeff Wagenheim or that bald cuck Mindenhall. Mindenhall's presence on MMA Beat is so tenuous I don't even realize he's there.

I don't watch the MMA Beat because I can't take Luke finding a way to destroy the show every time by coming across like his opinion matters the most and he's the smartest one on the show

No. There's no way can't replace Ariel. Ariel has very unique insight into the sport of MMA and the various personalities involved in it. He has a great memory for specific events, keen nose for drama and popcorn and has built relationships with fighters and managers unlike anyone else in the MMA journalist sphere. Just look at his MMA Hour lineup compared to any other MMA podcast. Luke Thomas can never hope to match Ariel in his field, but Luke sure as hell can replace Jeff Wagenheim or that bald cuck Mindenhall. Mindenhall's presence is so tenuous I don't even realize he's there.

They replaced Ariel like two years ago with an Android designed by Luke Thomas. Luke, being the student of knowledge that he is, designed this Android to be his foil In order to challenge his own dogmatic opinions and force him to approach topics from another light.

The real Ariel Helwani still plays a big part in things, but he's the one behind the scenes, he's the spark that builds to a conflagration, the catalyst for all the drama in MMA.

I don't watch the MMA Beat because I can't take Luke finding a way to destroy the show every time by coming across like his opinion matters the most and he's the smartest one on the show

So what you're saying is you can't deal with a strong man with a strong hairline and even stronger opinions?

9oDrcRU.jpg

They replaced Ariel like two years ago with an Android designed by Luke Thomas. Luke, being the student of knowledge that he is, designed this Android to be his foil In order to challenge his own dogmatic opinions and force him to approach topics from another light.

lol Luke Thomas can't even get his stream audio working half the time now you're telling me he's programmed an AI? Get the f out of here!

So what you're saying is you can't deal with a strong man with a strong hairline and even stronger opinions?

9oDrcRU.jpg

lol Luke Thomas can't even get his stream audio working half the time now you're telling me he's programmed an AI? Get the f out of here!

He's gotta play dumb sometimes in order to avoid suspicion from the public. Think of it this way, if you were a bald serial killer, would you walk around as a proud bald man, or would you try to trick the masses into thinking you're a normal, healthy man with a luscious head of hair?

C'mon man. All the signs are there.

If they could somehow get Okamoto on there that would be an major upgrade.

All the poll options are awful

I like danny, but he seems to just go with other people's opinions and seems too afraid to express his own thoughts.
yeah. maybe it's hesitation I'm sensing instead of being nervous... whatever the case, he brings the show to a screeching halt.

Back