Your reaction to Jeff leaving the MMA beat + replacement poll

He is a writer, not a speaker. He grew on me because I'm not a speaker either.

Im hoping I get the call

Let's do this big nose

So, today was Jeff Wagenheim's last MMA Beat show.

BtNpKqt.gif

JK... Jeff was a cool cat, and i will kind of miss him... but he took 2 hours to finish a sentence, provided way too convoluted answers, flip flopped around, etc...

How do you react to this earth shattering news?

And who would you like to see replace him?

a)Shaun Al-Shatti
b)Danny Segura
c)Marc Raimondi
d)New York Ric
e)Esther Lin
f)Josh Gross
g)That guy who looks like Ben Rothwell (lol)
lol you care WAY too much about this show. I watch it weekly myself, but This isn't really the kind of question I think would need a thread. That being said I'll, Josh Gross would be a slam dunk, although I'm not sure if he has the time for the show. He seems relatively quiet. Barley even does his podcast anymore.

Ric already has batner with Helwani on Rics picks. Seeing him a gain would feel redundant.
I'd probably go for Raimondi.

Lin and Segura aint even in the running imo. They both lack charisma.

i was devistated. hes the best on that panel.

He was one of the good ones on the panel
Shaun el shatti would be a good replacement
danny segura is awful,token foreign reporter.his mma knowledge is abysmal from what ive seen.

Segura rarely offers an actual opinion, just seems honored to be there and agrees with everything. He usualy brings the quality down.

He was painful to listen to. I did take a lot of glee last week in listening to luke talk about how hard of a time he's been having not pissing fighters off and them not wanting to talk to him, I wonder how long it will take him to realize why people don't like him.

when did Luke talk about that, was it on mma beat?

lol you care WAY too much about this show. I watch it weekly myself, but This isn't really the kind of question I think would need a thread. That being said I'll, Josh Gross would be a slam dunk, although I'm not sure if he has the time for the show. He seems relatively quiet. Barley even does his podcast anymore.

Ric already has batner with Helwani on Rics picks. Seeing him a gain would feel redundant.

I think your perception of how much i care and that this thread is mostly a light hearted humor thing is skewed

i was devistated. hes the best on that panel.

Lol

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Mike Chiapetta, he was an orginal major figure on the show for a while.

The-MMA-Beat.png

Someone else than an MMA Fighting "regular".. it kinda gets to be an echo chamber more then.

So f)Josh Gross then.

lol you care WAY too much about this show. I watch it weekly myself, but This isn't really the kind of question I think would need a thread. That being said I'll, Josh Gross would be a
slam dunk, although I'm not sure if he has the time for the show. He seems relatively quiet. Barley even does his podcast anymore.

This is an mma forum. And you obviously care about the show a bit too much seeing your rambling rebuttal to the topic

BtNpKqt.gif

JK... Jeff was a cool cat, and i will kind of miss him... but he took 2 hours to finish a sentence, provided way too convoluted answers, flip flopped around, etc...

a)Shaun Al-Shatti
b)Danny Segura
c)Marc Raimondi
d)New York Ric
e)Esther Lin
f)Josh Gross

BtNpKqt.gif

a)Shaun Al-Shatti
b)Danny Segura
c)Marc Raimondi
d)New York Ric
e)Esther Lin
f)Josh Gross

Where are the non jews/arabs?

when did Luke talk about that, was it on mma beat?

Yes, there was a question about interview styles and he basically acknowledged that he has a hard time being a good interviewer because people in general don't like him lol

too bad he will be leaving...but a good move for ESPN if Jeff will be a full-time MMA guy for them. so many of the mainstream outlets employ n00bs who know nothing about the sport or its history.

Segura and Raimondi are both good...but if MMA Beat wants to make a bolder move and stand out, then I think New York Ric is the way to go.

Good riddance to be honest. He works for WaPo so I assume he's at least a half decent writer even though I've never read anything he wrote, but he clearly has a speech impediment and can't articulate his ideas verbally worth shit. Both him and the bald guy who came up with the stupid "man in the hate" gimmick to hide his Norwood, I think his name is Cuck Mindenhall, should GTFO MMA Beat. My ideal panel would be Ariel + Luke + New York Ric + one female member just so Luke can tell sexually inappropriate jokes and make her uncomfortable.

Yes, there was a question about interview styles and he basically acknowledged that he has a hard time being a good interviewer because people in general don't like him lol

That's not what Luke Thomas said. It's not that fighters don't like him, but rather he made a conscious choice to not build extensive relationships with fighters and managers from the get go, because he wanted to be able to talk about MMA critically and freely without having to worry about damaging established relationships, as it is very easy to rustle fighters' jimmies with the most inane comments. For him MMA journalism was a balance between talk freely and build relationships and get exclusive scoops, and he chose the former.

He got more hate than he deserved and he was the sporting enthusiast that juxtaposed Ariel's love for drama, money, and business.

He did struggle through his sentences at time, but all of those guys on that show have their flaws.

Who's his replacement? The young Spanish dude who looks related to uncle creepy?

He does drag on like you said..but I'm used to him, so I hate to see him go. I like Danny, but he is still way too uncomfortable speaking on camera and takes as long as Jeff sometimes..but he doesn't have age to blame. I hope they get Mark to replace him

I like danny, but he seems to just go with other people's opinions and seems too afraid to express his own thoughts.

Back