Your reaction if McGregor gets in this stance during the fight...?

tenor.gif

I'd actually LOL harder if he got dropped whIle crossing his feet or starting a backpedal with his front foot and getting caught in a square stance.

It's actually pretty fucking epic.
When this fight was first announced I thought it was an easy fight for Floyd. A big pay off for every body involved.
Not any more, that stance forces a leg battle of sorts.

In order to get in punching range Floyd must get past that leg. Conor is not going to give him a fucking inch.

Conor will not be looking to move back when Floyd gets close. He will step forward, with pressure I believe. Causing maybe even some shin action. This will confuse Floyd.

Boxers are not suppose to be planted like that when somebody of Floyds caliber is approaching. They are suppose to move away. Floyd times their movement and aims for where he thinks they will be. He is able to switch from guessing where they will be to forcing them to go where he wants them to.

He is amazing but that shit only works in boxing. Conor will not box him. He will not brawl him, he will simply engage in a mma fight without worrying about the take down, leg kicks or even elbows.

The best part is that the guy he is fighting only allows one type of strike when you fight him. The fists, which is exactly where Conor wants the fight to be.

Notice how Conor is physical inside against Paulie. His posture his stance all of it is pointing to one thing.

I don't want to say what it is. Until fight night but I'll tell you all exactly how Conor wins next friday

When this fight was first announced I thought it was an easy fight for Floyd. A big pay off for every body involved.

In order to get in punching range Floyd must get past that leg. Conor is not going to give him a fucking inch.

Conor will not be looking to move back when Floyd gets close. He will step forward, with pressure I believe. Causing maybe even some shin action. This will confuse Floyd.

Boxers are not suppose to be planted like that when somebody of Floyds caliber is approaching. They are suppose to move away. Floyd times their movement and aims for where he thinks they will be. He is able to switch from guessing where they will be to forcing them to go where he wants them to.

He is amazing but that shit only works in boxing. Conor will not box him. He will not brawl him, he will simply engage in a mma fight without worrying about the take down, leg kicks or even elbows.

The best part is that the guy he is fighting only allows one type of strike when you fight him. The fists, which is exactly where Conor wants the fight to be.

{<jordan}

Dude...

Notice how Conor is physical inside against Paulie. His posture his stance all of it is pointing to one thing.

I don't want to say what it is. Until fight night but I'll tell you all exactly how Conor wins next friday

That's Van Heerden

{<jordan}{<jordan}

Hes completely lost in that stance, his feet are too flat/planted. Floyds foot work with a step to the outside leave conor having to turn all the way around just to throw a punch, or defend.

Hes completely lost in that stance, his feet are too flat/planted. Floyds foot work with a step to the outside leave conor having to turn all the way around just to throw a punch, or defend.
thats because you think that Conor is going to dance around and do goofy awkward foot movements.

Conor will turn it into a physical contest anytime Floyd is close. I mean any damn time. He is not afraid of his power. He does not respect his strength, he isn't going to box him. At all.

thats because you think that Conor is going to dance around and do goofy awkward foot movements.

Conor will turn it into a physical contest anytime Floyd is close. I mean any damn time. He is not afraid of his power. He does not respect his strength, he isn't going to box him. At all.

If McGregor is dumb enough to underestimate Floyd's power, it's gonna be a bad day for him.

It doesnt matter what i think conor will do, or what conor will do. The way he is planted with his feet leave him defenseless to his leftside because his lead foot is pointed too far to his right, and his weight is on his heels so a simple side step to your right and hes defenseless and cant see you without having to turn, and you cant hit what you cant see can you? He couldnt reach you with either arm if you take that angle, and he cant defend if you do. Hed have to turn too much to be effective

STFU!

If McGregor is dumb enough to underestimate Floyd's power, it's gonna be a bad day for him.
why do you say that?
What in the world are you talking about? Conor gets elbowed, kicked, punched, scratched, shin checked, slapped, scratched and occasionally grapples.

You honestly think that a man who trains how to react when getting rocked by a head kick is threatened by the power of Floyd?

That is simply not the case.

Conor has not bought into the pageantry of boxing. He did not spend the last 6 months magically learning The art form of boxing. He spent the last 6 months learning how to add his body weight, the hardness of his knees and shin into the occasion. The ref only stops it when a clinch is applied and they even some times let it go for a few seconds. Watch the clip against Paulie. The second clip with out the knock down.

What did he do? He succusful engaged in dirty boxing for a solid four seconds before even engaging in the clinch.

That is what changed my mind. How effortlessly he beat Paulie inside. He will fuck Floyd up come the 26th.

War the UFC and World Wide MMA
Let's go Canor.

It doesnt matter what i think conor will do, or what conor will do. The way he is planted with his feet leave him defenseless to his leftside because his lead foot is pointed too far to his right, and his weight is on his heels so a simple side step to your right and hes defenseless and cant see you without having to turn, and you cant hit what you cant see can you? He couldnt reach you with either arm if you take that angle, and he cant defend if you do. Hed have to turn too much to be effective
You're still thinking that Conor is going to attempt to do what a boxer does in that situation. Only Conor is not a boxer so even though he is talented his technique will not be as masterful as Floyd.

I get that I truely do.

Conor is not going to box him.

Not to mention his shots would have no pop if he trhows from that stance.

Not to mention his shots would have no pop if he trhows from that stance.
You're still thinking that Conor is going to attempt to do what a boxer does in that situation. Only Conor is not a boxer so even though he is talented his technique will not be as masterful as Floyd.

I get that I truely do.

Conor is not going to box him.
Youre assuming you know what im thinking which is weird of you. I havent given any statement on what ot how i think conor will do. What i did do was point out the error in mcgregors stance in that photo. He cant do anything but turn all the way around if the opponent simply takes a step outside (to the left of conors lead leg). Look at the way his feet are flattened and you can see his weight is on his heels while his lead foot is turned 90 degrees to his opponent. With his weight on his heel and his toe pointed that way he cant keep up with someone stepping to his left. There is no way of arguing it, in any sport that foot and weight placement would get you left. Look at it and imagine his opponent going to his left, his head cant even turn to look because of how he positioned himself, he cant throw a punch if the angle is taken and he cant defend himself . He has to turn himself completely around to swing or defend if they step to his left, you cant understand that?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back