Your opinion on Belfort's legacy?

What you think about him really depends on what you expect from UFC:

If you're only concerned into finding a way to make US feel great again, you'll blame him with whatever.
If you're interested in watching exciting fights, very few could top him.

It's bad/sad that he juiced, even though not just today but specially in the beginning UFC was overflowing with juicers.

For me Belfort was an annoying Jesus-loves-me fighter, but then, he was an exciting annoying Jesus-loves-me fighter. I feel like he was pretty fucked by NSAC when they decided to forbid TRT all of the sudden just a couple of days before he'd mop the floor with Weidman's face.
I don't blame NSAC for doing that, but the day they picked for couldn't be any more ridiculous.

poster child? why him... there are/were so many...
I think there are several reasons.
1. He was so huge when he came into MMA at 18 or so.
2. It is easy to prove or infer that he was using at every stage of his career.
3. He not only took TRT, but abused it, being caught with test levels far exceeding those allowed by his TUE.
4. The difference between his performances in fights where he was on or off the PEDs was stark.

But yes, he is far from the only PED user in MMA or in n professional sports as a whole.

Just curious to what fellow Sherdoggers think.

Belfort was an exciting and explosive fighter at his peaks, but he was also a poster boy for steroid abuse. Pissed hot multiple times, and then his obvious misuse of TRT that pretty much got it banned from the sport single-handedly.

I don't think he was ever particularly skilled, at least not compared to other greats/legends. His abilities were nearly 100% physical, and it's hard to look past his roided record because of it.
Great fighter, HOFer BUT a well known cheater.

I think there are several reasons.
1. He was so huge when he came into MMA at 18 or so.
2. It is easy to prove or infer that he was using at every stage of his career.
3. He not only took TRT, but abused it, being caught with test levels far exceeding those allowed by his TUE.
4. The difference between his performances in fights where he was on or off the PEDs was stark.

But yes, he is far from the only PED user in MMA or in n professional sports as a whole.
can be applied to the whole Coleman Team for instance.

Overreem too.

can be applied to the whole Coleman Team for instance.

Overreem too.
Overeem would be another candidate for all time steroid use in MMA poster boy. Think of all the fun that fans have had with the horse meat thing. I think what makes him less excellent in that regard is that when he slimmed down from his most massive, he was still an excellent fighter. Once Vitor went off the sauce he was a limp noodle.

But yeah, we all know other guys used. But Vitor is the king of that realm. Accept it.

Overeem would be another candidate for all time steroid use in MMA poster boy. Think of all the fun that fans have had with the horse meat thing. I think what makes him less excellent in that regard is that when he slimmed down from his most massive, he was still an excellent fighter. Once Vitor went off the sauce he was a limp noodle.

But yeah, we all know other guys used. But Vitor is the king of that realm. Accept it.
Overeem & Vitor Gracie dont have the same age, u cant really compare.

There´s no king in this shit.

Heck, Kerr is much more the GOAT PEDs than Vitor, they even made a movie about him & the problem.

His legacy in Brazil is huge. His fight with Anderson was the equivalent of Griffin-Bonnar in Brazil. If not bigger.

Forget Nogueira, Gracies, Wandy or Anderson. Vitor is the main reason MMA became a mainstream thing in Brazil. If it wasn't for him, MMA in Brazil would still be a obscure underground pseudo-sport

Legend and pioneer. (and a bit of a weirdo)

I don´t care about the PED abuse honestly, we all love that version of Vitor.

Best and most dangerous one round fighter ever and one of the best finishers in the sport if he got u hurt. Also 19 year old Vitor and TRT 34 year old Vitor has some of the best physiques in the history of mma .

trt/steroids and all sort of enchancement needles. 1st fighter to abuse illegal substance to try to kill his opponents,scum

Overeem & Vitor Gracie dont have the same age, u cant really compare.

There´s no king in this shit.

Heck, Kerr is much more the GOAT PEDs than Vitor, they even made a movie about him & the problem.
Nah, it's Vitor. Belfort. Not Vitor Gracie.

His legacy in Brazil is huge. His fight with Anderson was the equivalent of Griffin-Bonnar in Brazil. If not bigger.

Forget Nogueira, Gracies, Wandy or Anderson. Vitor is the main reason MMA became a mainstream thing in Brazil. If it wasn't for him, MMA in Brazil would still be a obscure underground pseudo-sport

I've never been to Brazil, but there's a Brazilian lady who goes to my church and the first time I ever talked to her she brought up Vitor Belfort and she was so happy I'd heard of him.

At the very least ,the sport is better for having Belfort in it, as the extreme variance in the quality of his performances based on juicing habits at the time serves as an obvious example of how significant a difference steroids really can make.

A born loser.

Lost to most of the good fighters he faced.

Also a drug cheat. Imagine bring a drug cheat and a STILL a total loser.

Best known for being the only man on the planet to get knocked spark out by a toes in the face front kick by two different men

It’s crazy to think how long he has been fighting. The sport has changed radically since he started fighting. He fought through multiple eras. I don’t think he peaked as high as some of his peers, but he was definitely at the top longer than anyone else

Back