Your opinion on Belfort's legacy?

Dude gave us some amazing scraps questionable or not.

A product of his era. Not necessarily a bad thing, it just caught up to him.

Definitely a skilled fighter no doubt. Although it's hard to look past his PED history. Some of his wins he probably wouldn't have had without using (Rockhold fight comes to mind). And he probably wouldn't have been so dominant at 19 years old without the special stuff.

a legend with one of the best and most violent highlight reels of all time.

He had a nice, long career but people calling him a legend are pushing it

What does the term “legend” mean if you slap it on any fighter who fought for the ufc for 10+ years? I’ve seen fans and experts refer to Carlos Condit as a “legend” and future hall of famer

Like I’m all for honoring fighters post career but at what point do we draw a line?

I wasn't a fan of him as a fighter but I came to respect him in recent years

was a top 5 guy through like 3 eras of mma

has arguably the best highlight reel in mma

fought the whos who like hendo and others did. jumped to 185 and 205 and beat top guys. he had more success at 185 tho for sure

He had a nice, long career but people calling him a legend are pushing it

What does the term “legend” mean if you slap it on any fighter who fought for the ufc for 10+ years? I’ve seen fans and experts refer to Carlos Condit as a “legend” and future hall of famer

Like I’m all for honoring fighters post career but at what point do we draw a line?
carlos condit doesnt have near the resume vitor has. just look at whos hes knocked out, he may be the most exciting fighter to ever fight mma. that combined with the fact that he was a top 5-top 10 guy for like 20 years is why hes considered a legend

You said never.
Marvin eastman was easy fight
obviously you are trying to nitpick. Haters always do.

Tell me ONE fighter who NEVER fought low ranked fighters.
Obviously my point was an exaggeration of the fact, but you knew that. You were only too stupid to take the bait.
haters can't stop themselves.

Amazing how many give this guy a pass on PED abuse, and are so quick to holler dick pills and android.

Amazing how many give this guy a pass on PED abuse, and are so quick to holler dick pills and android.

How does he get a pass?
He is the barry bonds/mark mcgwire of mma. Everyone associates him with steriods where in reality most others were also using

Just curious to what fellow Sherdoggers think.

Belfort was an exciting and explosive fighter at his peaks, but he was also a poster boy for steroid abuse. Pissed hot multiple times, and then his obvious misuse of TRT that pretty much got it banned from the sport single-handedly.

I don't think he was ever particularly skilled, at least not compared to other greats/legends. His abilities were nearly 100% physical, and it's hard to look past his roided record because of it.
I think he's a legend of the sport. He was a great, exciting, killer instinct fighter. He's one of the first fighters that got me into this sport.

1. Extremely dangerous guy. He had Jon Jones in trouble.
2. Fun fights. Fun interviews. Bad hair.
3. Crane kicked twice.
4. Very much a front runner. Not a lot of heart.
5. The poster child for steroid abuse in MMA.

Exciting to watch win or lose, I couldn't care less about the drugs. Ultimately I just wanna watch awesome fights and he was in plenty.

1. Extremely dangerous guy. He had Jon Jones in trouble.
2. Fun fights. Fun interviews. Bad hair.
3. Crane kicked twice.
4. Very much a front runner. Not a lot of heart.
5. The poster child for steroid abuse in MMA.
poster child? why him... there are/were so many...

Just curious to what fellow Sherdoggers think.

Belfort was an exciting and explosive fighter at his peaks, but he was also a poster boy for steroid abuse. Pissed hot multiple times, and then his obvious misuse of TRT that pretty much got it banned from the sport single-handedly.

I don't think he was ever particularly skilled, at least not compared to other greats/legends. His abilities were nearly 100% physical, and it's hard to look past his roided record because of it.

Probably one of the most exciting to watch fighters the ufc has ever had. I liked how he continued to fight without trt. He is a badass imo

Back