Your opinion about taking a fight instead of waiting for the TS, after seeing what Brian & Yoel did?

That totally depends on how much of a pay raise they got to put there title shot in jeapordy.

You have to wonder if the company didn't play a part.

Rumor is they have threatened fighters careers if they didn't accept certain fights. Saying they would never schedule them again and just leave them under contract or force another org to buy the contract out, etc.

I wonder how much of that still happens. Been years since I heard that I think.

It worked for Woodley

I have more hespect for fighters fighting and not playing the politics game but I'm old school

<Fedor23>
i don't think it's fair, especially when the other guy misses weight.
but the show must go on.
unless you're a sport killer,
are you a sport killer greg? huh?

You have to wonder if the company didn't play a part.

Rumor is they have threatened fighters careers if they didn't accept certain fights. Saying they would never schedule them again and just leave them under contract or force another org to buy the contract out, etc.

I wonder how much of that still happens. Been years since I heard that I think.
depends on who the fighter is. period.

they couldn't do shit to luke rockhold.

Joey nobody refusing to take replacement would be career suicide. You might as well slapped Chrissy Blair on the butt in front of lorenzo.

We’ve seen waiting work for some guys like Woodley and a lesser extent Cain (I believe he waited for the winner of Brock vs Carwin)

On the flipside Rashad Evans opted to wait for Shogun and he ended up getting hurt and lost his title shot and ended up taking two more fights before his title shot.

On the other side we’ve seen how dangerous it could be to take a fight like Frankie did against T City, but we also seen staying active and building your momentum pay off for dudes like JDS and Conor and Max Holloway and many more.

You can make a case for either side really, personally I would lean towards staying active, especially during your prime years.

If I were their manager I'd say no way in hell.

But I'm a just bleed fan so "Yay for warriors." It's why I watch.

Always depends on circumstances.

And personally, I thought it was absurd Rockhold was getting that title shot to begin with, but whatever.

Real fighters just want to fight. When they've been training already, that itch doesn't go away and it's easy to just accept a replacement to stay active. Sure the risk out weighs the reward, but props to Luke and Frankie anyway.

Back