Your next UFC Strawweight champion

Rose-Namajunas-One-Win-Away_514771_OpenGraphImage.png

#MyChampion

Does Cruz fight opponents that have fought competently in weight classes well above him? Im talking about the kind of indifference to power that comes from significant size differences, not just a guy who happens to not be the biggest puncher in his own division.
You're a tool, with your logic anybody in the top 5 of a division could drop down to the division below and become champ. Why isn't the heavyweight champion some 6'8 dude that cuts 20lbs to make 265? Why was Edgar champ at 155? All the champions right now are not the biggest fighters in their divisions but with your dumbass logic they would be.

You're a tool, with your logic anybody in the top 5 of a division could drop down to the division below and become champ. Why isn't the heavyweight champion some 6'8 dude that cuts 20lbs to make 265? Why was Edgar champ at 155? All the champions right now are not the biggest fighters in their divisions but with your dumbass logic they would be.

*sigh*...Would the fighting dynamics be the same in all of those fights as it is in this one? No they wouldnt be. We are talking about a situation in which Joanna keeps this a pure outside striking match, that is the significant point.

There is also the fact that Joanna has been stunned by smaller fighters, and has failed to significantly damage smaller fighters like Karolina over 5 rounds.

Last edited:
*sigh*...Would the fighting dynamics be the same in all of those fights as it is in this one? No they wouldnt be. We are talking about a situation in which Joanna keeps this a pure outside striking match, that is the significant point.
*sigh*... I'll be back when Joanna wins. You're acting like Joanna is the one that is 5'2 with a 62" reach.

*sigh*... I'll be back when Joanna wins. You're acting like Joanna is the one that is 5'2 with a 62" reach.

I dont think you read my prediction. Comeback when Joanna beats Andrade by simply kickboxing from the outside like she normally does. Also, You're still talking about dimensions? Do i have to repeat once more that Andrade is not going to be Boxing with her from the outside. She is coming right on in.

Way that Joanna can win.

"Joanna CAN win this but not by fighting her normal fight. Spam the Thai clinch for the first 2-3 rounda to break Andrade down and shut down those punch flurries and then she can just go for target practice on a weakened Andrade. If Andrade tries to turn it into a grappling match from there we will just have another Claudia Gadelha scenario but with a less skilled version of Claudia

Last edited:
Joanna was beating on Penne for 3 rounds landing what must have been like 1000 strikes. Given that Andrade and Penne were primarily dancing in the first round, Andrade basically took her out in one round, and rather early on in the round.

And did you mean Angela Hill? (Lee isnt in the UFC yet) . Angela Hill spent the whole match retreating, that is how she survived ( that and being very good at rolling with punches, a skill we have never seen from Joanna).

Joanna CAN win this but not by fighting her normal fight. Spam the Thai clinch for the first 2-3 rounda to break Andrade down and shut down those punch flurries and then she can just go for target practice on a weakened Andrade. If Andrade tries to turn it into a grappling match from there we will just have another Claudia Gadelha scenario but with a less killed version of Claudia.
i didn't say joanna had more power though, just seen a lot of people act like andrade hits like a truck.

yeah i dunno why i said angela lee lol.

If JJ's chin and TDD holds up then she'll win but we'll see. Andrade is a terrible matchup for the champ.

Back