Your Least Favorite Playable Main Character

Tidus from FFX such a huge bitch he was. Also didn't really like Squall from FFVIII either. Huge emo tard.

Only one that came to mind was the lil emo kid from ff13.

Only one that came to mind was the lil emo kid from ff13.
What about the other pussy whipped dude in the do-rag? I knew the game was doomed when he was supposed to be the "cool" character.

Last edited:
Nick Kang from True Crime: Streets of LA. Suuuuch a clichéd toolbag.

Come to think of it, Sebastian from The Evil Within was quite a moron.

Tidus from FFX such a huge bitch he was. Also didn't really like Squall from FFVIII either. Huge emo tard.
Squall at least was just a silent brooding dink for the most part. An antisocial loner. He sat quietly to himself in the corner not talking and usually thinking to himself.

If you could not read his overthinking, you would not even know he was there half the time. In fact, everyone kept annoying him by trying to get him to talk more because he was "thinking" too much and not talking to them.

He was never "Emo" per say. He was definitely a teenage angst ridden fuck. But not the wrist cutting "my problems are all that matters" its the end of the world type. If anything, he was emotionally shut down, which is the opposite of emo.

Tidus was patterned after a bipolar female on her first period. Loud, hyperactive shrieking in a high pitched voice, and throwing hissy fits and whining about daddy not hugging him enough and Mommy not paying attention to him because his alpha male father was around. He purposely was loud and shrieking to make sure the whole room was focused on him.

Christ they even had cutscenes of him as a kid crying because mommy was not paying attention to him while daddy was around.

It was so much easier to empathize with his father trying to toughen him up by kicking a soccer ball at him when he just stood there letting it hit him.

Walking around all game in a zippered yellow and blue lederhosen just drove the point home.

I liked squall and tidus

Zidane annoyed me and the cast of FF12 really annoyed me.

In FF8-FF10 there were other characters to maintain interest though.
Trying to figure out how the cast of FF 12 annoys you, but you can possibly like Tidus.

Vaan is basically an insignificant character, as is Panelo. You just bench them and run with the others. And in no universe did Vaan or anyone ever get as annoying as beta male teen Tidus

Trying to figure out how the cast of FF 12 annoys you, but you can possibly like Tidus.

Vaan is basically an insignificant character, as is Panelo. You just bench them and run with the others. And in no universe did Vaan or anyone ever get as annoying as beta male teen Tidus

I'll have to replay 10 to see if it is nostalgia blinding me.

12's cast annoyed me off the bat but I may have powered through if the gameplay wasn't so bad.

I'll have to replay 10 to see if it is nostalgia blinding me.

12's cast annoyed me off the bat but I may have powered through if the gameplay wasn't so bad.

To each his own. I loved the gameplay of 12 once the real spells and Gambits opened up. Even before that I did not mind it. Was sick of FF games having carbon copy gameplay with a few tweaks. The overhaul was nice. The open world even nicer.

Squall wasn't any more emo than Cloud.
Neither of them are emo. People overuse that word.
Squall was a quiet antisocial loner who turned off his emotions to the outside world most of the time. The word for him is angsty. Its annoying as fuck sometimes, but at least you get the sense that he doesn't talk out loud and whine about everything and takes on real problems straightforward instead of talking(Whining) about it.

The worst character in 8 was Zell. And its not even close. His moves were fun, but his character had an IQ of 75 and whining about hotdogs got old quick. If anything, Zell is more like Tidus than anyone in 8.

Cloud was not even in the same realm unless you count advent children and other later additions. if anything, he was a schizophrenic asshole for most of FF7.

Tidus was just a bitch with daddy issues. Others always took charge and took care of business and he followed kicking and screaming like a grounded 14 year old girl half the time, and was bipolar in that he could be happy go lucky the next minute.

Auron should have been the main character. With Tidus as secondary.

To each his own. I loved the gameplay of 12 once the real spells and Gambits opened up. Even before that I did not mind it. Was sick of FF games having carbon copy gameplay with a few tweaks. The overhaul was nice. The open world even nicer.

Neither of them are emo. People overuse that word.
Squall was a quiet antisocial loner who turned off his emotions to the outside world most of the time. The word for him is angsty. Its annoying as fuck sometimes, but at least you get the sense that he doesn't talk out loud and whine about everything and takes on real problems straightforward instead of talking(Whining) about it.

The worst character in 8 was Zell. And its not even close. His moves were fun, but his character had an IQ of 75 and whining about hotdogs got old quick. If anything, Zell is more like Tidus than anyone in 8.

Cloud was not even in the same realm unless you count advent children and other later additions. if anything, he was a schizophrenic asshole for most of FF7.

Tidus was just a bitch with daddy issues. Others always took charge and took care of business and he followed kicking and screaming like a grounded 14 year old girl half the time, and was bipolar in that he could be happy go lucky the next minute.

Auron should have been the main character. With Tidus as secondary.

Zell was the most fun to play. Possibly across all games.

I agree though, Auron is GOAT.

Best overall cast is probably 6 though.

I'd like to say Altaïr from AC. His personality made that game a chore to get through.

The main guy from Tales of Abyss. His constant whining and bitching, only to do a complete 180 later on was just annoying.

Zell was the most fun to play. Possibly across all games.

I agree though, Auron is GOAT.

Best overall cast is probably 6 though.
Zell's aura was definitely the best in the game. Its his character that is unbearable.

Auron and Lulu were the only 2 characters in that game I liked. Yuna was okay too.

6 had a good cast, with some good sidestories. 4 was better cast though.

6 Was fun in the sense that there was no main character. Build as you will. Very open world 2nd half of the game too. 12 followed suit with no main character, but had a crap story, but same awesome open world.

10 was shit regarding world despite the good story. 13 is as linear as they come, but 10 is next closest in line for "hold my hand, I can't explore and do anything a normal JRPG does, I must stay on the pre-approved tracks"

Tidus is basically Naruto without the charm or charisma.

More like Sailor moon without the tits

Poor Tidus. He would've fared a lot better without voice acting, which was still in the experimental phase at that time. Can't erase that nuclear heat inducing whine though.

Back