Your Fighter´s GOAT...

ready for a good laugh?

for a brief moment, I was wondering "who the fuck is this Não Quis Opinar"?

time to go vape another bowl, clearly :D

Haha same here. On both points.

Not sure what your point is though. DO you think you can treat the GOAT debate as a snap shot in time thing?

Fedor was almost always number 1 in such polls prior and Anderson right up there. I am a huge GSP fan and always voted Fedor at #1 prior and had no issue with those who put Anderson ahead. That changed for most with GSP's win grabbing that MW belt and Anderson's on going challenges with dick pills (lol).

What matters in these debates is what people think in the most recent polls, otherwise I can pull up polls that have Hughes and BJ at or near the top.

This is what matters.

Who is the GOAT? - POLL

GSP 42.7%
Fedor Emelianenko 30.5%
Jon Jones 8.5%
Anderson Silva 7.1%
Mighty Mouse 2.3%

the poll made just weeks after the Bisping win and before he vacated is the only one that matters? <GSPWoah>

fans are petty and tend to be prisoners in the moment but fighters and hardcore fans usually have their opinions cemented

A lot of biased picks here.
Glad to see Frankie got a few votes.

"Nao quiso opinar"

I thought they were picking some obscure fighter to be cool.

From what I've gathered

#1 Fedor/Jones
#2 Silva
#3 Aldo

Which seems correct

36 for Fedor

35 for Anderson

Insanely close. I think Fedor myself.
Thought some might like a count as opposed to the jumbled mess.

Fedor: 37
Silva: 36
Jones: 29
GSP: 16
Aldo: 13
Not counting the rest

Leslie Smith's pick is Nick Diaz
tenor.gif

Wasn't the poll made 2 years ago???

Jones and Silva popped for steroids and GSP defeat Bisking.

Maybe the poll change a bit now.

Not sure what your point is though. DO you think you can treat the GOAT debate as a snap shot in time thing?

Fedor was almost always number 1 in such polls prior and Anderson right up there. I am a huge GSP fan and always voted Fedor at #1 prior and had no issue with those who put Anderson ahead. That changed for most with GSP's win grabbing that MW belt and Anderson's on going challenges with dick pills (lol).

What matters in these debates is what people think in the most recent polls, otherwise I can pull up polls that have Hughes and BJ at or near the top.

This is what matters.

Who is the GOAT? - POLL

GSP 42.7%
Fedor Emelianenko 30.5%
Jon Jones 8.5%
Anderson Silva 7.1%
Mighty Mouse 2.3%
Sherdog is a very small subset of MMA fans. In fact most people here don't even buy ppv. Typical sampling bias. In the real world Silva/Jones are unanimously the goats

They need to do another poll after Stipe vs DC.

Stipe and DC.. lol at the kings of the most weaker LHW and HW UFC division of all time.. expecting to be goats.

tenor.gif

Tell me another joke.

the poll made just weeks after the Bisping win and before he vacated is the only one that matters? <GSPWoah>

fans are petty and tend to be prisoners in the moment but fighters and hardcore fans usually have their opinions cemented

Fighter's have heroes and people they looked up to when they were growing up, so changing their minds would be harder than changing Toner's or Dozer's or whatever his account will be next year. Fighters also have team allegiance to consider, I take their opinion with a grain of salt just like everyone else's.

There is no unanimous criteria for GOAT so no one can be crowned undisputed GOAT.

Sherdog is a very small subset of MMA fans. In fact most people here don't even buy ppv. Typical sampling bias. In the real world Silva/Jones are unanimously the goats

Silva and JBJ fan here but no, if you're gonna ask the real world of PPV buyers, they'll say Conor because that's how the UFC markets him.

I'm honestly not surprised that GSP wasn't on the list more often.

I have no disrespect for GSP or his accomplishments, and I think he'll forever be "among the GOATs". But, if forced to make a call for #1 I don't think he springs to mind immediately for a lot of fans, and in this case for a lot of fighters. If you ask any of us/them to give a top 5, chances are you'll see GSP in the mix, but he never had that "HOLY SHIT!" factor that catapults a fighter into that ultimate tier of greatness... Fedor had it, Silva had it, Jones had/has it, but GSP never quite did. Dominant, incredibly skilled, incredibly dedicated, amazing fight IQ, but just a hair short of that "HOLY SHIT!" factor.

Just my two cents, I think you can make a very logical and sound argument for Fedor, Jones, or GSP as the GOAT. But for me, and a lot of folks, GSP will always be #2 at best. Silva had "HOLY SHIT!" to spare, but for me he slips down the list mainly due to competition and some shortcomings in his overall skillset - again, no disrespect there, he's "among the GOATs" but I can't give him a top 3 status.

Fighter's have heroes and people they looked up to when they were growing up, so changing their minds would be harder than changing Toner's or Dozer's or whatever his account will be next year. Fighters also have team allegiance to consider, I take their opinion with a grain of salt just like everyone else's.

There is no unanimous criteria for GOAT so no one can be crowned undisputed GOAT.

.....but you go around claiming GSP is the GOAT and so on.
odd.

Pride Guys say Fedor
Black Guys say Jones
Brazilians say Anderson

Is normal

ready for a good laugh?

for a brief moment, I was wondering "who the fuck is this Não Quis Opinar"?

time to go vape another bowl, clearly :D

Wait so

Who is it

the poll made just weeks after the Bisping win and before he vacated is the only one that matters?

the latest poll is always the one that matters particularly when it involves arguably one of the biggest career legacy elements a fighter in contention has added to his resume.

GOAT is a dynamic moving thing that will always have the ability to change over time as new accomplishments are added.

If you are talking about the NFL GOAT and a team just won another SuperBowl this year it would be asinine to say we should not count that win and only look at their record prior. you will only get a view of who was perceived as GOAT prior and not now.

Now you could have a different discussion by asking who was the perceived GOAT in 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 and other and then you can provide that static view data. But none of that has anything to do with who is perceived as GOAT today.

Yes sherdog is a subset of MMA fans but also one of the most important one of the two or three largest MMA sites out there. you certainly should not be looking to the cooking channel chat site for MMA views.

One of the first places anyone should or would go to poll MMA fans on anything should be Sherdog and the other top MMA sites.

Also you can't just claim bias without providing evidence as to the direction the bias is pointing and there is no reason to believe it is more towards GSP than any other fighter and certainly not more than many other fighters combined. Biases always exist. There are tons of Brazilan fans who bring that bias. Tons of US who bring that bias. And lots (but likely a much smaller number) of Canadians who bring that bias. So the question is do all the different bias offset and normalize out in a poll like this and are the defining differentiators those people who vote really without bias? that is how most polls work and considering Fedor and Anderson have ranked higher to GSP in prior polls there literally would be no reason to believe it is any different now and that bias in not the determining factor. But happy to examine your evidence if you have some.

the latest poll is always the one that matters particularly when it involves arguably one of the biggest career legacy elements a fighter in contention has added to his resume.

GOAT is a dynamic moving thing that will always have the ability to change over time as new accomplishments are added.

If you are talking about the NFL GOAT and a team just won another SuperBowl this year it would be asinine to say we should not count that win and only look at their record prior. you will only get a view of who was perceived as GOAT prior and not now.

Now you could have a different discussion by asking who was the perceived GOAT in 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 and other and then you can provide that static view data. But none of that has anything to do with who is perceived as GOAT today.

LOL, there he is.

Opinions of people who make a living in the business is INFINITELY MORE RELEVANT than shertard opinions.

Suck on it slowly and get used to it. Nobody serious puts GSP at the top of the list.

Back