Your favourite pre workout supplements for lifting / martial arts?

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been trying some raw organic beet root juice mixed with like a tablespoon of baking soda as of late. Also take like a clove of raw garlic ( supposed to Increase nitric oxide)

Powerful shit

Feels like you get 50% boost In output

anyone have a preferred pre workout supplement(s) for the gym or martial arts / boxing?

I take 10 grams of BCAA, 25 mg of ephedrine stacked with 200-400 g of caffeine 30 minutes prior to my lifting session. I also train in a fasted state.

Driven sports craze

Back in the good old days.

LOL @ the 1st one

usually nothing, perhaps a cup or two of the unholy substance (coffee)

LOL @ the 1st one

usually nothing, perhaps a cup or two of the unholy substance (coffee)
beet root juice?

It contains nitrates which convert Into nitric oxide. It's very popular amongst endurance athletes.

Can speak from experience that It genuinely works

Noticeable Improvement In both lifts and endurance

beet root juice?

It contains nitrates which convert Into nitric oxide. It's very popular amongst endurance athletes.

Can speak from experience that It genuinely works

Noticeable Improvement In both lifts and endurance

Don't you need bucket loads to actually cause a real increase..........

Don't you need bucket loads to actually cause a real increase..........
On paper, maybe. I think there's some conflicting Information on that.

In practice though, It doesn't seem to be the case.

marginal boost from like a cup and a half of beet juice. I'm sure there's other factors at play than just nitrates though.

I've been trying some raw organic beet root juice mixed with like a tablespoon of baking soda as of late. Also take like a clove of raw garlic ( supposed to Increase nitric oxide)

Powerful shit

Feels like you get 50% boost In output

anyone have a preferred pre workout supplement(s) for the gym or martial arts / boxing?
I like that you keep it natural, I thought you were meaning like creatine or something like that. Never heard of the beat juice thing, I'll have to check it out.

About 2 months ago I tried the bcaa thing for a little while at a friend's recommendation... it didn't seem to do anything far as I could tell

I like that you keep it natural, I thought you were meaning like creatine or something like that. Never heard of the beat juice thing, I'll have to check it out.

About 2 months ago I tried the bcaa thing for a little while at a friend's recommendation... it didn't seem to do anything far as I could tell
ya creatine works as well, I take a bit of that.

beet root juice is legit. A lot of preworkout formulations on the market these days have a bit of beet extract In them. Cant beat the real thing though.

don't think you need BCAA's If you're getting enough protein from the rest of your diet. They never did anything for me either. The best way to make use of them is during Intermittent fasting but even then I feel they're not needed.

I take 10 grams of BCAA, 25 mg of ephedrine stacked with 200-400 g of caffeine 30 minutes prior to my lifting session. I also train in a fasted state.
If you're consuming caffeine you aren't really In a true fasted state. Most proponents of Intermittent fasting seem to think It's okay to have caffeine / teas and other things during that 16 hour fasting period. According to Dr Rhonda patrick that Isn't the case though, caffeine has to be processed by the liver so It doesn't have the same benefits as fasting on water.

There's definitely some conflicting Information on this tho

If you're consuming caffeine you aren't really In a true fasted state. Most proponents of Intermittent fasting seem to think It's okay to have caffeine / teas and other things during that 16 hour fasting period. According to Dr Rhonda patrick that Isn't the case though, caffeine has to be processed by the liver so It doesn't have the same benefits as fasting on water.

There's definitely some conflicting Information on this tho

You have got to be trolling.

Her thing is a little different than intermittent fasting, it's "time restricted eating ". It's stricter in the sense that you can't have anything other than water outside of the eating window (no tea, coffee, etc), but it's a longer eating period, 12 hours (although she tries to keep it within 10). Lots of different variations on this stuff

Her thing is a little different than intermittent fasting, it's "time restricted eating ". It's stricter in the sense that you can't have anything other than water outside of the eating window (no tea, coffee, etc), but it's a longer eating period, 12 hours (although she tries to keep it within 10). Lots of different variations on this stuff
I believe she said on JRE though that If you consume caffeine you aren't truly fasting . Which surprised Joe since I guess that's the way he'd been doing It.

At the same time you have guys like Mercola and others who are proponents of Intermittent fasting who say that caffeine Is okay.

I don't know honestly, there's a lot of conflicting Info.

Based on the sheer amount of research Ronda Patrick put Into studying the subject It's hard to really disagree with her

I believe she said on JRE though that If you consume caffeine you aren't truly fasting . Which surprised Joe since I guess that's the way he'd been doing It.

At the same time you have guys like Mercola and others who are proponents of Intermittent fasting who say that caffeine Is okay.

I don't know honestly, there's a lot of conflicting Info.

Based on the sheer amount of research Ronda Patrick put Into studying the subject It's hard to really disagree with her
Yeah she did when she but she was talking about the 12 hour thing. There's definitely a lot of different opinions on this stuff. Probably in a perfect world only water is best (honestly, coffee isn't really good for us anyway) but most IF people drink coffee (I kinda have to for something to get through the day). I've seen some saying anything under 50 calories is fine. When I first was doing it I still put a splash of milk in my coffee and I still got a lot leaner. Part of me thinks that all that is really happening with IF is that it brings your overall calorie intake way down because even if you eat a lot during the non fasting period it's still a lot less overall... when I track what I eat it rarely adds up to more than 2000 calories, usually more like 1600-1800, which puts me on a decent calorie deficit.

Hard to say... diets are like assholes, everyone seems to have one!

i drink strong black coffee and mentally focus on murdering my neighbours. works pretty well.

These are the words of Dr Ronda Patrick who has studied the subject a great deal more than many of us. So, I tend to go with her word

Right. Something that's calorie free and promotes a boost in fat loss is going to negatively affect my fast.

I'd rather listen to these two dudes:

BP-Dec-2012.jpg

Martin%2BBerkhan%2BCut%2BMarch-Aug.jpeg

They seem to know what they're talking about.

musclepharm assault was dope until they changed their formula it sucks now

Back