Your favourite K-1 great

theranch

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Who is your favourite fighter from the old glory days of K-1?
I'm always looking for good fights to watch so by all means recommend some fights of theirs and why.
I'll start off with the South African wrecking machine Mike Bernardo. His KO's of Hug and Aerts are legendary

Both Hug and Filho are amazing to watch. Their styles went extinct with them.

Aerts and Bonjasky perhaps

Buakaw, Souwer and Zambidis from MAX

Ernesto Hoost.

And I was a big fan of his well before K-1 ever came along. The man was a jack of all trades, good at every form of kickboxing. K-1, Muay Thai, Full Contact, Savate, IR - he held world titles in all disciplines.

Bernardo, Hug, Cikatic, Longinidis, Le Banner, Aerts. I can't pick just one.

The Karate Mercury Andy Hug with awesome kicks.

The Greek Munchkin Mike Zambidis is such a killer....

Both Hug and Filho are amazing to watch. Their styles went extinct with them.
Do you think it was down to Kyokushin guys learning more boxing style punches and then by the time they get to kickboxing they fight much like the rest of the K-1 style bunch?

The answer is Aerts. Aerts is the only answer.
Aerts is indeed a great option, some of the head kicks he pulled out in his heyday were ridiculous. Oh and him beating ben saddik was incredibly satisfying.

I started out as a Hug fan. Lotta good memories of watching that guy kick ass.

Buakaw- despite his shenanigans and supporting a corrupt dictatorship

Massato- despite his racism against other Asians

i never heard anything about Masato being racist against anyone,dude trained for significant time in Thailand in the early of his career,no one ever said it...

Buakaw lives in a Country where protests against the government is illegal and who tries it ends up in a cell.

Thailand has passed for almost 80 years military dictatorships,he got raised and influenced to believe that it is good,the army protects the nation and all the classic brainwashing of totalitarian countries,i dont judge him if he actually thinks this is right,or even if he dont agree but fear for retaliation of the government

Hoost for his combinations and distance management. Technically beautiful.

Ignashov for the same reason. Though we could say his best years went missing? So cool. So relaxed and an intelligent fighter.

Bonjasky. Such am excellent kicker, making up for his slappy punches but his guard was also legit.

LeBanner always gets a close 2nd, seeing as the above 3 are joined 1st...
A legit bull.

Of the "modern" era, I'll take Ghita.

oh the obtusity to judge one single person for the problems of an entire nation...i'd love to know what fucked up country you come from....

Back